Topic: The mose Awesome Restoration in the History of Gearheads!!!

If you got a few days to read the WHOLE thread... WOW... \

Guy restores a vintage 1930's garage/shop - WITH PHOTOS GALORE!

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/show … hp?t=51567

I've sent this in to Jalopnik a few times with no response... bummer...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

Re: The mose Awesome Restoration in the History of Gearheads!!!

Ok.
You officially suck, I got sucked into that thread just reading captions on the pictures for a lot of pages, had to see what was next. I did not finish but as you said WOW, what an undertaking.

Stu3

Sending tips to Jalopnik via the tips@jalopnik.com email means that you'll be drowned out by 10,000 press-release emails from manufacturers of whistle tips. Better to send tips to individual writers (i.e., me on the weekends, Sam or Ben during the week).

NP Phil! I didn't mean to sound like I a newb...

From now on all my "tips" will be to you! Expect an email in a day or two of the "Jackson Pollock" edition convertible!

stu3 wrote:

Ok.
You officially suck, I got sucked into that thread just reading captions on the pictures for a lot of pages, had to see what was next. I did not finish but as you said WOW, what an undertaking.

Holy carp! X2 on the you suck.  There's an entire afternoon I won't get back.  Though it is an amazing thing to read.

If you're a mechanical junkie, do NOT click on that link and start reading, unless you have absolutely nothing else planned for the next 8 hours or so.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Just got through page 9.  More tomorrow!!

Okay. This is awesome.

For awhile I leased a warehouse space that used to be a Dodge dealership in the 20's through to the 50's. Rad place. Ruined concrete floors (which we made even worse by introducing a forklift to the equation), ruined, rotting walls, bullet riddled (It's on the border between the good and bad parts of town).

Two floors - the second floor being HELLA reinforced so they could park cars up there, with a 1935-installed insane-assed elevator sized appropriately for cars. The second floor was their showroom - the first was the service department (the only reason we know this for sure was because the original electrical panel still had labels indicating such. Naturally we had to lose that electrical panel for code reasons.

This has given me CRAZY dreams about buying the place off the crazy asians who own it and run a "beauty supply" shop, in every terrible glue-on-eyelashes, plastic sunglasses and spray on makeup sense of the word, in the front where the offices and some additional showroom space used to be.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Dammit... I looked, already lost an hour of my day an I'm only 8 pages into this thread.  This is AWESOME though.  I'd give a lot to have been on this guy's shoulder as he went through this restoration.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

errr...had great plans for work today..it's over now.

I'm tellin ya... you got to make it all the way through. There's a cool bit towards the end about old tools and the restoration of some very old hydraulic jacks...

Page 32... I'm usually bored or skimming a thread by this point... I hope it never ends.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.