Topic: Driving on two teams or two cars

Hey, I ran in this years American Irony, but was on one team.
I recently picked up another LeMon, I intend on driving with different people on the other team.
If I'm on both teams, do I have to pay the driver fee for both?

Actually, I guess any driver can drive any car right, so i could just not register with one team and drive it anyway...
Clarification would be good, regardless. haha

Rally Rolla: 2010 American Irony 2010 25th, 2010 Blagojevich 500 11th
Nohow Racing Audi: 2010 Bull Oil GP 22nd?

Re: Driving on two teams or two cars

The only issue I would see is that both teams have to have a minimum of 4 registered drivers.  If you have 7 drivers and 2 cars then someone or all of you will have to split that 8th seat.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

well, I hope that isn't an issue, we should have 9 or 10 people.

4 (edited by Jer 2010-06-29 07:21 AM)

I've been pushing for a total team effort in the Schumacher Taxi Service, where 8-10 drivers all get to run two different cars.  The idea would be, ideally, each person would get two longish stints, one in each car.  Sounds good on paper, but only if all drivers have an interest in driving the "other" car. 

So far it hasn't taken root, probably because pockets of us have significant wrench time in one car or the other and prefer that car.  We do already have a sort of unspoken agreement that if a car dies before all drivers get a stint, the other team(s) offer up short stints to at least get those drivers on track.  That has worked out well and fostered a lot of goodwill amongst us. 

If you can pull off your plan I think it's full of win.  I will caution that the likelihood of one car or the other having issues is extremely high, which might take both cars out of contention for a high finish due to increased driver changes.  Just another consideration.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

McFury wrote:

Hey, I ran in this years American Irony, but was on one team.
I recently picked up another LeMon, I intend on driving with different people on the other team.
If I'm on both teams, do I have to pay the driver fee for both?

Actually, I guess any driver can drive any car right, so i could just not register with one team and drive it anyway...
Clarification would be good, regardless. haha

You only have to pay one driver's fee. You can register with one team and drive for as many teams as you can find seats.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

so then would it stand to reason that one team of 4-6 drivers could register 2 cars?  Just curious as we are toying with the idea of a two car team for 2011.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

Each car still has to have a minimum of 4 paid up drivers associated with it.

2 cars - 4 drivers - each has to pay once for each car, or twice for each driver.
2 cars - 6 drivers - some pay once, some twice, or all 6 pay for 1.333 spots.

However once you have paid to drive A car you can drive ANY car.  I think.

Doug I wrote:

However once you have paid to drive A car you can drive ANY car.

True.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I can think of many reasons for having a minimum of 4 drivers per car, but why a maximum of 6?

My team was talking about this at Capital Offense.  You could field two teams of 4 and run the same or similar cars.  That way you could share parts between two cars.  In the event that one car dies, everyone could still drive.

Cool, thanks everyone. Looks like we might just run two different races anyway, haha. oh well, it was still worth it to ask.

I've been running 2 cars for years now .Its great when they are the same or simalar cars in case you got to rop Pete for Paul.

One time both of my cars got blackflagged at the same time probably for bumping each other LOL  so the judges said driver change so the changed cars and went back out  .The JUdges were well they did change drivers .

I've signed guys up for both cars to get the minimum 4 per car .One time we had 5 drivers and 2 cars i signed up wives as drivers that never drove .

I combine all the cost of both cars and split however many drivers I got .

At t Hill last time a bunch of drivers left early so I let other team guys drive my cars because we were tired.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!