Topic: panorama mirrors

Anyone know where I can buy a panorama mirror for cheap. Our car is huge and I want to avoid black flags for running into people I can see. Thanks for any and all help!

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

Re: panorama mirrors

Pep Boys usually has wink mirrors for $20 or so.  Best things ever.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Yep, we got our wink at pep-boys.  They seem to only stock 1 at a time, so might be hit or miss.

Junkyard:
Stock mirror + 2 aditional mirrors = panorama

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Lemonade Time Racing wrote:

Junkyard:
Stock mirror + 2 aditional mirrors = panorama

+ a couple more mounted to the dash + classic chrome door mirrors + at least one pair of classic chrome wing mirrors = impressive to the supreme court

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

how about 3 rear facing cameras, each on a 5" screen ? wink

lol, the custom junkyard multi-mirror sounds good. Maybe I will take the mirror out of the case on a bunch, JB Weld them to a curved piece of sheet metal and, violla! Thanks for the input everyone.

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

IO Port racing has them for about $20

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

I got mine for 14.95 on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI … MEWNX%3AIT

John
www.bucketlistracing.org

$3.99 at the local tool wholesale store.

Eric,
Do you have a photo or a link to the style you have?

Stu3

RobL wrote:

Pep Boys usually has wink mirrors for $20 or so.  Best things ever.

as long as they are mounted securely, right

quiet you! wink

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

Pit now!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

the inside joke:
http://schumachertaxiservice.com/images/pitnow.jpg

That's just the "do your makeup at the traffic light" position.

The Spanish Armada
'51 DeSoto, car #1539: Featuring authentic 16th century engineering

17 (edited by EriktheAwful 2010-07-01 01:47 PM)

Eric,
Do you have a photo or a link to the style you have?

Our $3.99 mirror is a clip-on mirror that's wider and curved for a panoramic view. We're going to epoxy it in place - provided we can get the mirror a little tighter so it doesn't sag on bumps. I don't have a pic handy, and it's a cheap piece of crap, but if it stays in place, who cares?

i like the Wink 5 panel mirrors over the curvy, convex mirrors which distort the image. i'd imagine you could get used to it though.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/produc … RecID=1546

dude, my wink mirror fell in my lap 15 minutes in at CMP last fall.  Since we had installed the wink mirror, we (read me) decided we no longer needed the side mirrors.

I cant quite explain the shear "excitement" of running CMP, with 120 other cars, wearing a hans device, and no rear vision!  After waiving the mirror out the window to alert my team mates that I would be coming in, for 3 laps, I finally made it off the track.

A memorable experience to say the least.

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

We used an extra 2 convex mirrors: one on the rearview and one on the left side.  It was way too many mirrors to check.  Keep it simple.  Next time around we'll just use one big panoramic rearview