Topic: Yee-Haw It's Damned Hot Houston in September: Who's In?

Roll call! We're in.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

2 (edited by thomasfoolary 2010-07-04 07:19 PM)

Re: Yee-Haw It's Damned Hot Houston in September: Who's In?

We'll be sweating our balls off in September!

86 Honda Prelube - Team Inspite: Rabid Hybrid Racing

We're in with the wagon and the 'bird.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

Hurtz Probe and Miatastang are back.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

I'm likely in as a spectator unless an appropriate arrive-and-drive or other opportunity materializes.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I'm in (until teammates decide to bail last minute again)

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

RRRR is in. It's gonna be hot in Sept., oh well. Can't be any worse than ECR was.

The d-bags are in.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

sergio wrote:

RRRR is in. It's gonna be hot in Sept., oh well. Can't be any worse than ECR was.

No kidding. I was just looking up historical Angleton weather data and it looks like we should see air temps in the low to mid 80's and dew points in the low 70's, which would put our heat index only in the low 90's. How sick is it that that seems so cool compared to ECR? smile

BTW, plan on a kegger on Saturday night at the TARP Clown Car paddock area.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

LRE and the 240Z have once again been blessed with the opportunity to race at MSR.

Eye Sore is on the team list.  So it looks like we may be chasing a Ghetto charged Miata along with the E30s and SHOs.

I was also surprised we got our acceptance so quickly.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

Eye Sore is on the team list.  So it looks like we may be chasing a Ghetto charged Miata along with the E30s and SHOs.

I saw that too.
They must have run out of competition on the west coast.

Maybe we can organize an all-star Texas team to tear up the Pacific Circuit. Troy, Sergio, Mulry... you in?

Oil tycoon style: 70's Caddy with a SHO motor at each end?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

12 (edited by Mulry 2010-07-05 08:04 AM)

Troy wrote:

I was also surprised we got our acceptance so quickly.

Me too. Jay knows us suckers, er, paying customers, when he sees us

Lemonade Time Racing wrote:

Maybe we can organize an all-star Texas team to tear up the Pacific Circuit. Troy, Sergio, Mulry... you in?

Oil tycoon style: 70's Caddy with a SHO motor at each end?

Oh hell yes. Tex Dinoco style. Gold metallic paint, big longhorns on the hood, Boss Hogg horn. SHO-dillac?

I'm in :-)~  and can't wait to see everyone again.

Justice...with a smile.

Do not believe the historical data....If the wind dies there it will be scorching, worse that ECR.  At least ECR had low humidity.  Don't forget you are surrounded by rice paddies down there!  Either that or we will have a deluge of rain... What could be worse..?  It just makes the cold beer go down a lot easier at the end of the day!

Home Repo is coming back. 

Did anyone here sign up as #20?  Can we beg/ plead/ trade beer for it?

We're in, now to get the new theme finished out, the engine in, and make sure the thing drives......

Anyone have any leather straps, belts, or anything they care to donate?  I think its definately worth it smile

JasonC wrote:

Home Repo is coming back. 

Did anyone here sign up as #20?  Can we beg/ plead/ trade beer for it?

We've got #20. We've been using it the last 2 races, but I'm willing to entertain an offer. Email me and open the bidding. smile

We're in again.

Speaking of numbers - someone snagged 42. I hope your theme is HHGTTG, and it's the mysterious Ford Prefect project that disappeared. If not - I've got a six pack or bottle of something for that too.

We are in. Its our first race, and we are totally stoked! Look for the giant Buick painted white.

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

20 (edited by Mulry 2010-07-06 07:46 AM)

Davidmgbv8 wrote:

Do not believe the historical data....If the wind dies there it will be scorching, worse that ECR.  At least ECR had low humidity.  Don't forget you are surrounded by rice paddies down there!  Either that or we will have a deluge of rain... What could be worse..?  It just makes the cold beer go down a lot easier at the end of the day!

Even if the wind dies off, it's doubtful to be worse than ECR:

Year    Max temp    Dew Pt  Heat Index
2009    84        73        90
2008    91        71        98
2007    90        74        99
2006    89        70        94
2005    81        71        85
2004    91        68        95
2003    86        75        90
2002    87        74        95
2001    88        70        93
2000    93        74        103
(These were all Sept. 10)

Which isn't to say that it will be cool, or even particularly comfortable. Just not worse than ECR. smile

Looking through the data, more years than not the max humidity during some point in that day was 100%, so it's probably a good idea to make sure that you have wipers and that they work.

We are in.  Look for the Lincoln, the Renault Dauphine and our related SHO-Stang to be rounding the track

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

ECR heat index 108 and the showers they brought in were amazingly cold and perfect on Sunday.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

ECR heat index 108 and the showers they brought in were amazingly cold and perfect on Sunday.

I was glad to see the extra showers.  I don't think they were ever hot though.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

24 (edited by RataBlanca 2010-07-07 05:42 AM)

TiredBird Racing is back with the Lucha Libre entry.  A couple of the men behind the masks have changed, but we're still running the same crappy Firebird/Camaro.  Maybe we can make it through the entire event this time without head gasket failure?????

Team TiredBird Racing............The Lucha Libre Gang are ready to rumble.....

1990 Firebird/Camaro hybrid.....Tired bird.....Fire turd....you get the picture...

TetanusNeon is in. The Margarita/Lawnmower neon was declared dead and unfortunately the person who said he would give us a freebie VW Fox flaked out so we won't have a second car.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.