Re: Yee-Haw It's Damned Hot Houston in September: Who's In?

komododave wrote:
mikespeed95 wrote:

In.  Now I just need to figure out who's driving.  Have a pool of like 7 guys and they're all wanting in on the one after this event now...ugh.

I got a crap load of "Oh I can't drive in this race, but I'll come support the team!  Next race I'm totally in!"

LOL

/whipes tears from eyes

I thought deadbeat friends were included in the build cost of all race cars?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

sergio wrote:

It's hard to find people that are serious about racing.

And even harder to find people who are serious about racing but not about racing seriously. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Is anyone interested in a Pre-LeMons Dinner this Friday or Saturday night in Houston?

Justice...with a smile.

We will be there, all 3 cars.  And we think they will be reliable ( more than the last race at least ).   You should see the carnage from the inside of the SHOstang's engine...

Driver situation is a mess right now but it does mean we get more seat time.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

komododave wrote:
mikespeed95 wrote:

In.  Now I just need to figure out who's driving.  Have a pool of like 7 guys and they're all wanting in on the one after this event now...ugh.

I got a crap load of "Oh I can't drive in this race, but I'll come support the team!  Next race I'm totally in!"

Funny.   We are the opposite.  Our drivers are committed but we lost most of our support guys.

-Ryan
Team Unintended Acceleration

Team Unintended Acceleration
2008 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons
2009 Gator-O-Rama Texas Lemons
2009 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Is anyone interested in a Pre-LeMons Dinner this Friday or Saturday night in Houston?

Scott, that would be nice if it was a different weekend. I'm gonna be out of town.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Mulry wrote:
sergio wrote:

And even harder to find people who are serious about racing but not about racing seriously. smile

That quote right there needs to be front and center on the main page.  Awesome.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

Lemonade Time Racing wrote:

I thought deadbeat friends were included in the build cost of all race cars?

They usually are for me...I just didn't have the cash to carry em this time.  Weddings are expensive, Hawaii afterward is more expensive.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

59 (edited by YesIFit 2010-07-29 12:26 PM)

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Why you gotta ad a qualifier? I would be in without it....

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

We'll be making our first Lemons appearance.

Gotta a lot of wrenching/welding/wrangling between now and then,

Mike

+1. Maybe we should get the Dallas-area teams together for a happy hour someplace one night? I wonder if Nick & Jay would forward team captain info to us for that purpose?

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

+1. Maybe we should get the Dallas-area teams together for a happy hour someplace one night?

I'm down....

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

sergio wrote:
komododave wrote:
mikespeed95 wrote:

Tell them, save the drama for your mama! When it's time to put up or shut up, there's all kinds of excuses, but they are always going to race in "the next one." Sure........and the Easter Bunny will be there too.

We're funded by the Tooth Fairy!

I will say I've heard about more team drama lately and a lot of it is over money.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

YesIFit wrote:
Mulry wrote:

+1. Maybe we should get the Dallas-area teams together for a happy hour someplace one night?

I'm down....

Our team gernerally does a dinner for family and drivers a couple of weeks before the race. It is a good time, mostly helps out since we run two cars and drivers from all over texas race with us...

That said, if anyone in Dallas wants to hit up a happy hour somewhere, I am in.

Humperdinks in Arlington by six flags is pretty much the center of the metroplex on the map.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Just a quick hello to all the Houston area experts and seasoned Lemoners....we are a bunch of Rookies...with a real amatuer group of Americans, Canadians, Scottish and English members....but we are looking forward to the challenge!

Be gentle with us at MSR (if we ever get this roll cage welded in)!!!!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

Quite a group! Where are you based? Markdas, you gave yourself away by spelling "tires" with a y....are you the English or Scottish member?

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Lol....bit of mixture I was born in England but lived in Aberdeen for 25 years, we have a Scottish guy from Glasgow and another from Aberdeen, Canadian from New Foundland and New Brunswick I think.....2 Houstonites!

We are all living in Houston now though, mostly Westside - Katy area!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

We're in, although this will be our first event.

Refinery Trash
Team Captain - Austin No-Power Subaru Shaguar
Yee-Haw MSR 9/2010 - P23/122
Laisse Crap-Heaps, Grand Bayou 11/2010 - P4/50

beaviscih wrote:

Get plenty of rest the week before, because for the first race it's sensory overload.

sergio wrote:
beaviscih wrote:

Get plenty of rest the week before, because for the first race it's sensory overload.

Amen to that. But it's such tough advice to follow because for the first race you don't really know what to expect and how much to prep the car (cause it's not like you can ever really have it ready enough and it's hard to know what's close enough) and how much to pack and how much food to bring...

Or maybe that's just me. But it really is very good advice, and even more so if you run into a major mechanical (and, let's face it, chances are you probably will) and you have to spend a good part of a night on Friday or Saturday repairing/rebuilding/kludging your car back to life.

Oh man. I can't wait!

sergio wrote:
beaviscih wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA. You'll be lucky to have your car finished by the time the race starts. But - if possible, sergio is right. Try and get it done sooner, because you'll want to be well rested before the weekend starts. I think. I've been to 6 and raced in 3 Lemons, and I've always been a little sleep deprived - maybe that makes it more fun?

Another novice team here.

We're an Austin based team made up of off-roaders who're looking for some more time on the asphalt. We're still getting power to all 4 wheels though as we'll be in a '91 Audi 90 Quattro. Vehicle runs well, so we're mostly getting safety equipment all squared away. We don't plan to win, but hope it lasts most or all the weekend.

I've been reading the hell out of this board, burning up the search function. I'm hoping we'll be well prepped and not end up making some rookie mistake that costs us a fun weekend.

See you guys out there,
Hal
Frost Racing

We will need/want a judges vehicle in Houston.  Any chance that sweet 53 Willys Jeep makes it to Houston?  Anyone else have an ideas?

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

We will need/want a judges vehicle in Houston.  Any chance that sweet 53 Willys Jeep makes it to Houston?  Anyone else have an ideas?

you drive it to and fro DFW and its a deal!

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

H.K. Phooey wrote:

can anyone ride a lemonous bike?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs341.ash1/29213_552515160054_202301066_32255000_1426342_n.jpg

it's a 900cc