Re: Yee-Haw It's Damned Hot Houston in September: Who's In?

H.K. Phooey wrote:

We will need/want a judges vehicle in Houston.  Any chance that sweet 53 Willys Jeep makes it to Houston?  Anyone else have an ideas?

Would a 92 Cadillac Allante be Judgemobile worthy?

ROKN ZJ wrote:

Another novice team here.

We're an Austin based team made up of off-roaders who're looking for some more time on the asphalt. We're still getting power to all 4 wheels though as we'll be in a '91 Audi 90 Quattro. Vehicle runs well, so we're mostly getting safety equipment all squared away. We don't plan to win, but hope it lasts most or all the weekend.

I've been reading the hell out of this board, burning up the search function. I'm hoping we'll be well prepped and not end up making some rookie mistake that costs us a fun weekend.

See you guys out there,
Hal
Frost Racing

Looks like Team Unintended Acceleration will not be alone this time.  Looking forward to more crappy Audi sedans at this race.  Perhaps Audi can finally contend for the "Best Finishing German Car" award.

I'll be driving in our new (second) Audi 90 Quattro if we can get it running.  Surprising how hard it is to get a car running after it's been on fire. 

Hit me up if you need advice.  Our team is also in Austin.

-Ryan
Team Unintended Acceleration/Conflagration

Team Unintended Acceleration
2008 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons
2009 Gator-O-Rama Texas Lemons
2009 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons

Crewe Le Pew is not going to make it.  I know everyone will be sad to not see our furry friend poking its way around the track, but it is undergoing some major overhaul that we knew wouldn't be done for this race.  We should have it back up and running for the 2011 season.  Good luck everybody!! See you in 2011.

1982 Renault LeCar "Pepe"
2010 Gator-O-Rama rollover
2010 North Dallas Hooptie IOE Winner!!

79 (edited by H.K. Phooey 2010-08-26 05:30 PM)

^^^Dang it...can you bring it and just park it close to the penalty box.  It inspires me.

I was recently asked what bribes make the Judges happy.  I can't speak for Phil but I have seen him crack a few smiles over the more random and well thought out items to hit the tables.  3/4 the fun is seeing what people come up with and why.  I was a Marine and I'm weird, I'm a really good beer guy, St. Arnold's Oktoberfest is always great but beer is easy and I will not forget whats his name that brought me the Marine G.I. Joe.  This is suppose to be fun so have some fun with us, be creative.  I'm a baseball autograph fan...cough..Biggio ball...cough.

I think a Judge-mobile is still in order, Golf Cart, Blade-less riding lawn mowers, whatever.  Lemons this time will be awesome so don't get complacent let's turn it up and make it a hell of a good time for everyone invlolved.

Justice...with a smile.

Tech/BS is two weeks from tomorrow. I'm starting to enter the giddy schoolgirl "I'm so excited, OMG, OMG, OMG!" zone....

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:

Tech/BS is two weeks from tomorrow. I'm starting to enter the giddy schoolgirl "I'm so excited, OMG, OMG, OMG!" zone....

No doubt. I called up Stevo yesterday morning at 9:45 because two weeks from that moment I'll be picking him and my Dad up at the airport, then packing up the trailer and heading south. My work production is going to suxor for the next 14 days...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

YesIFit wrote:

I'm starting to enter the OMG OMG OMG the car will never run in time zone.

Mulry wrote:

My work production is going to suxor for the next 14 days...

Throw in limerick day on Jalopnik, and my Friday is about d-u-n done.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

I pulled an all nighter after regular work wednesday and worked until noon Thursday.  The Dauphine is almost done.

Finish assembling the Lincoln motor, install it.  Help Tommy build and install the motor in the SHOstang.  Find a trailer in Dallas for the Dauphine and golf cart.

I am going to burn a couple vacation days next week so I may have a chance to track test / break the cars next weekend before the race.

I am excited already

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Thanks for the reminder. Just reserved my trailer. That would have been a SNAFU.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

gotta take the probe to the muffler shop, but the $50 "dont call us if it aint good" engine I drove 4 hours to get actually runs. Miatastang needs the oil changed and the rear calipers replaced.

We should be ready to put them on the trailer without too much issue.

Tomorrow we are doing a drivers meeting to go over logistics, food etc. We are then cracking open the bottles and playing volleyball in the pool.

Scott, if I can get all my Lemons projects done, plus the mustang I have been workin on, you guys can have it for a judgemobile.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Don't remind me how little time I have left. Starting at 5PM today will mark the begining of a frantic throw together.
I plan welding all night to finish the cage/frame, break roters / fluid flush (I have no idea when the Carbotech pads will be in) wheel install and alignment saturday, battery relocation and roll cage padding sunday and if there is any time left, go steel a whiper arm from some unlucky car.

Then call someone to install a windshield sometime next week.

Paint the car.
That reminds me: Does anyone have a spare mannequin they want to trade for beer?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

88 (edited by Troy 2010-08-27 09:08 AM)

I'm at the stage that the cars is probably more ready than anything else.  I think we will have it a decent shape by Monday.

Took the car to the exhaust shop last Friday to reinstall it after it fell off at MSR during their Red Meat and Race Fuel Event.

http://angiem357.smugmug.com/Cars/Racin … 0693_QsAXr

All the pics:

http://angiem357.smugmug.com/Cars/Racin … 3540_G8Zt4

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Vallhalla Wagen Rednex is in.
This time we hope for more reliable german motoring after we spent 75% of the time in the paddock getting the heap of an 88 VW cabriolet running and the other 25% getting passed on straightaways even by LeCar in Dallas. We have chopped the catalytic converter and lost the A/C and quite a few other heavy items like bumpers, emission control system etc since then so hopefully the lady of sweet accelleration will not leave us this time. (the cat was as tight as a scottish wallet, so that may have been part of our powerloss)

btw how do you post pictures on the forum?

reserbil wrote:

You have to host them elsewhere and then you insert them by using the "" tag, with the http:// information for the photo in the middle of the img tags.

Taps on my screen...hey..I need some answers here.

www.tinypic.com is your friend.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Taps on my screen...hey..I need some answers here.

www.tinypic.com is your friend.

What was the question???

Wanna see your judgemobile???

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/Baron733/Picture739.jpg

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Are you sure?  This is what happened to the last one.

http://i33.tinypic.com/if4dio.jpg

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Are you sure?

Um yes, I need to make a claim. I came home from being out of town this weekend to find my car was apparently stolen from my driveway.... Yeah, I'm pretty sure it wont be recovered, and if it is, you can keep it. I was about to list it for sale, anyway.

few months later...

What, you found it? Who in their right mind would paint it green and yellow, write John Dear Racing all over it in spray paint, and actually spend the money to put a roll cage in it.. On second thought, can I buy it back for under $500?

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

reserbil wrote:

This time we hope for more reliable german motoring after we spent 75% of the time in the paddock getting the heap of an 88 VW cabriolet running and the other 25% getting passed on straightaways even by LeCar in Dallas. We have chopped the catalytic converter and lost the A/C and quite a few other heavy items like bumpers, emission control system etc since then so hopefully the lady of sweet accelleration will not leave us this time. (the cat was as tight as a scottish wallet, so that may have been part of our powerloss)

Apparently you won't have to worry about the LeCar, they won't be here.

My parents used to have a Cabriolet.  I think I have used Dustbusters with more power.

The car had such little power, I think you could travel back in time by pushing in the lighter.

Also vibrated a lot and nothing was wrong with it.  I think that's why chicks liked them.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

A VW won todays race.

Justice...with a smile.

The end of days is upon us...

#25 Speed Racer Mustang will be there, but we're still looking for a transmission ...

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

reserbil wrote:

This time we hope for more reliable german motoring after we spent 75% of the time in the paddock getting the heap of an 88 VW cabriolet running and the other 25% getting passed on straightaways even by LeCar in Dallas.

You should have heard the hooping and hollering over the radio when I passed you guys.  "We passed somone, we actually passed someone!!"

1982 Renault LeCar "Pepe"
2010 Gator-O-Rama rollover
2010 North Dallas Hooptie IOE Winner!!

Stovebolt wrote:

#25 Speed Racer Mustang will be there, but we're still looking for a transmission ...

Theme Change Racer X or SnakeOil.

Justice...with a smile.