Re: Yee-Haw It's Damned Hot Houston in September: Who's In?

We are overdue for theme change as its getting old and lame but getting everyone to agree is difficult.

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

102 (edited by H.K. Phooey 2010-08-31 06:07 PM)

Stovebolt wrote:

We are overdue for theme change as its getting old and lame but getting everyone to agree is difficult.

Well the Judging staff can always take that decision off their hands...I'm just saying RacerX was a bad ass.  Please don't call it lame...my dogs are Speed and Trixie.

Justice...with a smile.

Team Unter Puff will be at MSR for our maiden voyage. This weekend is the final thrash to get it all put together and running.

1970 Opel GT with less horse power than Houston has radio stations.

Last night we got our hubs back on, our numbers race-ready, and our theme fleshed out. If you haven't seen Repo Man, do so now! Fluid flushes will commence Saturday and Wednesday!

Fear the Neon!   ( Or not. )

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

At the North Dallas Hooptie, I used a borrowed helmet.

I'll be bringing my virginal white helmet to use this time round.

What kind of crazy baksheesh would it take to get a stencil on my helmet, courtesy of a judge?  I cab't think of any more appropriate decoration.  Senna replicas are played out.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

One off and they might stencil "I'm Not the Stig" on your virginal white meloncover.

That would actually be a pretty fun stencil, now that I think about it.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

One off and they might stencil "I'm Not the Stig" on your virginal white meloncover.

That would actually be a pretty fun stencil, now that I think about it.

Come to think of it, I think I'd rather have all the judges autograph my helmet, and then I'll spray a clearcoat.  Hey-o!

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Baron wrote:
H.K. Phooey wrote:

Are you sure?

Um yes, I need to make a claim. I came home from being out of town this weekend to find my car was apparently stolen from my driveway.... Yeah, I'm pretty sure it wont be recovered, and if it is, you can keep it. I was about to list it for sale, anyway.

few months later...

What, you found it? Who in their right mind would paint it green and yellow, write John Dear Racing all over it in spray paint, and actually spend the money to put a roll cage in it.. On second thought, can I buy it back for under $500?

apparently I jinxed myself, my truck got broken into at work this week, interrupting plans to take our car to the muffler man.

So this weekend I get to spend getting our cars prepped, cleaning broken glass and blood from inside my truck, putting a new window in, and see if I can get a radio so I dont have to spend ~4 hours listening to the sound of wind on the way to the track.

No time (or extra cash, now) for getting a judges vehicle there this round. Copious amounts of booze and breakfast tacos will have be given for an apology.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:

No time (or extra cash, now) for getting a judges vehicle there this round. Copious amounts of booze and breakfast tacos will have be given for an apology.

I sorry to read that on so many levels.  I hate thieves.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:
Baron wrote:

I sorry to read that on so many levels.  I hate thieves.

stop by the pits and I will tell you the tale. They are sitting in jail right now with felony charges, to help make us feel better.

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:

They are sitting in jail right now with felony charges, to help make us feel better.

Did you recover anything? Let me guess, the IOE speed of our judicial system will let you have it back in a year when they are done with the evidence.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
Baron wrote:

They are sitting in jail right now with felony charges, to help make us feel better.

Did you recover anything? Let me guess, the IOE speed of our judicial system will let you have it back in a year when they are done with the evidence.

I actually picked it all up yesterday, though the a/v stuff was trashed.

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

The Panda-mobile is ready for action.  This race is going to be tons o' fun!

Pistols for Pandas:  1988 beat to hell RX-7
Big Wheels Racing: 1985 beat to hell RX-7

Looking forward to some racing, then overheating, then racing, then overheating... and then maybe some racing in the rain.

3 nights left. Who still doesn't have their car ready?

The good news: my motorcycle offered it's rear break resvoir to be my clutch master this week. I don't know why I bother with the clutch; it'll just nuke itself saturday.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

116 (edited by sergio 2010-09-07 07:39 AM)

You don't need a clutch once you get going........Put it in gear crank the starter til it runs. Rev match and shift. By the end of the day you'll either master it or be sitting in the paddock waiting for the race to end so you can start drinking.

My crap-can? I think it's ready. Ready to puke it's guts out, it is a SHO after all.

Hey, and what's with all this rain? We might be racing boats instead of cars.

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

3 nights left. Who still doesn't have their car ready?

The good news: my motorcycle offered it's rear break resvoir to be my clutch master this week. I don't know why I bother with the clutch; it'll just nuke itself saturday.

Rebuilt engine went in the car about 2 last night - still hasn't started.

Looks like we won't get our fuel injection conversion done either, but we do have the megasquirt running the EDIS system. Can't be any worse than the distributor with 10 degrees of timing fluctuation.

We'll make the race, but with not nearly as much done as we planned. The turbo on my workbench is mocking me. Maybe before New Orleans.

118 (edited by Mulry 2010-09-07 11:58 AM)

http://tarpblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/capture.jpg

Add a case of the clap and it'll feel just like being back in the 'Nam.

Holy crap. I was joking -- except it turns out I wasn't:

http://tarpblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/capture2.jpg

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

http://tarpblog.net/wp-content/uploads/ … apture.jpg

Add a case of the clap and it'll feel just like being back in the 'Nam.

And with the rain we are getting the last 2 days, there's gonna be standing water everywhere. Bring plenty of "OFF". Add that to the list of stuff to bring to the track.

Maybe Jay can petition the EPA to let us fog the area with DDT...

Mulry wrote:

Maybe Jay can petition the EPA to let us fog the area with DDT...

I thought the running of the Crap Cans was an alternative to fogging with DDT.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

122 (edited by YesIFit 2010-09-08 04:21 AM)

Ugh ... after three races, I thought we were done working on the car. I hadn't planned on adding water wings. (And those are just to get the casr out of the garage in Dallas!)

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:

Ugh ... after three races, I thought we were done working on the car. I hadn't planned on adding water wings. (And those are just to get the casr out of the garage in Dallas!)

I thought I was done with both cars, till the probe started growling. Got an exhaust leak somewhere, and it isnt in the pipes. Gotta pull it all back apart tonight before I put it in the trailer...

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Maybe this is the silver lining to the monsoon rains today?

http://tarpblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/capture3.jpg

I saw that. big_smile

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama