Re: Yee-Haw It's Damned Hot Houston in September: Who's In?

It's been rain free today, so far. Strong wind from the south.

Then we must have gotten it all. The creek near my house which usually is something resembling a trickle has overflowed its banks and the nearby park is totally underwater right now, trees going down left and right. It's crazy considering how dry it's been here lately. I was about to drag out the soaker hoses to keep the soil near the house from getting too dry. Instead, I had to run to Harbor Freight and pick up a submersible pump to keep the pool from overflowing earlier this afternoon. Weather Underground is showing that we've gotten about 5.25" of rain today.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Team El Toro Loco Taurus SHO will be there.  Assuming the flood and tornado didn't kill the car...

Team SHOtime.  Mad Max Interceptor Taurus SHO

We need a cool paddock bicycle if anyone has one but really want a Pimp Paddock Judge Mobile.
It would be worth your time and effort.

Justice...with a smile.

Would said bike be returned?

Baron wrote:
YesIFit wrote:
Mulry wrote:

+1. Maybe we should get the Dallas-area teams together for a happy hour someplace one night?

I'm down....

That said, if anyone in Dallas wants to hit up a happy hour somewhere, I am in.

Humperdinks in Arlington by six flags is pretty much the center of the metroplex on the map.

Well, I'm all packed. See you guys in Houston. Since the Team Flying Wrench is no-more, I'm joining some friends in a piece of crap Mazda disguised as a van.

If this Dallas based team happy hour thing happens down there, we'd be in. In fact, if we did it up here some random weekend, I'd be willing to host it at the shop (read: we have a kegerator). We're only about 25 minutes from that Humperdinks.

Matt Lemons

We are a Dallas team that would love to hang with other lemonheads

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Will it be possible to get into the gates late thursday so we don't have to sleep on the side of the driveway? 

Mara and I will likely arrive around 12:30-1:00 with the ambulance

1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine

TheHeckler wrote:

Will it be possible to get into the gates late thursday so we don't have to sleep on the side of the driveway? 

party at the gates! we should be rolling up about that time.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

TheHeckler wrote:

Sent you an email - you guys are welcome to crash my pad.

TheHeckler wrote:

IIRC, they locked the gates around 10pm. If you were in, you could stay in, and I think you could go out. But no going in after that.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Time spent thinking about Lemons at work today: 4.5 hours (and counting)
Time spent doing actual work: 0 hours

This is gonna be the death of my career.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

^^^^^ All work and no play makes for a bad employee. ^^^^^

Justice...with a smile.

I have officially done almost nothing this entire week. Its gonna be ass to grind stone when I get back :0

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

Karmann is on her way to the track!

It's raining in Houston again......

T-Money645 wrote:

I have officially done almost nothing this entire week. Its gonna be ass to grind stone when I get back :0

Seriously, my brain is shitting Lemons! My kid is talking... Blah blah blah... Turn 6 in 1 week... Blah blah blah

All I hear is BREAKS, turn in, avoid bumper, hammer down!

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

My wife said I need to get racing cause my testosterone is boiling over.......

Gates are open. Guy said he would be there all night. $20.00 for early entry

Team Lost in the Dark- North Texas-- #892 miata  j the laaaaaam (formerly barbie car)..R.I.P #89 mx6

I am getting zero work done.  I even just went out in the parking lot and made sure the android app "Trackmaster" was working so I can have an in-car lap timer.  My co-workers who looked out the window probably wondered why I was walking aroung the parking lot in a 100 foot circle, and if they follow me on twitter, why they were getting automated tweets that said "Lap 1 0:59 Powered by Trackmaster" "Lap 2 0:57 Powered by Trackmaster"

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Ugh.  I have been working to get to MSR for 26 straight hours now.  In Dallas for a quick shower, grab Mara and the race gear and head down.

We had a trailer buried in 2 feet of mud from the rains, a trailer with 2 defective tires and a bad brake drum and bearing.  A parts guy who couldn't order the correct gaskets if his life depended on it and 3 cars to finish with pretty much just 2 mechanically inclined people.

The B12 shot I got from my doc helped but I am beat.

The Dauphine is ready though and will be there in about 4 hours.

How late is the track open today?

1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine

TheHeckler wrote:

Ugh.  I have been working to get to MSR for 26 straight hours now.  In Dallas for a quick shower, grab Mara and the race gear and head down.

We had a trailer buried in 2 feet of mud from the rains, a trailer with 2 defective tires and a bad brake drum and bearing.  A parts guy who couldn't order the correct gaskets if his life depended on it and 3 cars to finish with pretty much just 2 mechanically inclined people.

The B12 shot I got from my doc helped but I am beat.

The Dauphine is ready though and will be there in about 4 hours.

How late is the track open today?

Like I told Tommy, if you guys think of anything you forgot, let me know and we will pick it up on the way.  I am leaving San Angelo at 5pm and should get to the track about 1am.  Just text me 9seven2 795-79 ten.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Got a busted server here at work, my launch is delayed indefinitely.