Topic: Driver Changes

I have a driver (driver #1) that may be out of the country during the time of the event (September 11-12, TX, MSR).  I have another friend (wanna be driver #2) who would like to race his spot if he is unable to attend.  We are already at the 6-driver limit, so I cannot register the "wanna be driver #2.  How could I switch in "wanna be driver #2" if "driver #1" cannot attend the event?

Re: Driver Changes

The organizers handle those kind of issues on a case-by-case basis. Get in touch with Nick at LemonsHQ and discuss it with him.

Your chances are pretty good they will help you out if you ask nicely.

I would also guess the sooner you find out if you have to swap the nicer they will be.  For instance if you give them 2 month notice they will probably be happy to swap them.  If you try to do it 2 minutes before the race starts it might be a bit different.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Can't you make as many changes to your team as you want until 2 weeks before the race when they 'close' the database?

I have even seen subs happen at the registration table on Friday.

BUT...

This is exactly why I recommened they call Nick and get the direct answer. The best we can do is guess. I wouldn't want them to be screwed due to MY guessing.. wink

Just got a reply from Nick.  As mentioned above, you can change driver details up until database is locked down (~2 weeks before race).  This will give us the time we need in our situation.  He did not mention or discuss after the 2 week mark.

Within the 2 week mark, someone might fall victim to identity theft.

You didn't hear that from me.

*runs away*

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I actually got carded at registration in Dallas.

Even after greeting me by name.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z