Topic: Concours d'Lemons Aug 14, 2010, Monterey, CA

Concours d'Lemons: Back and Worse Than Ever in 2010!

Due to surprisingly enthusiastic demand for poor design, weak engineering, and terrible vehicular decision making, the Concours d’Lemons returns Aug 14, 2010 at Toro Park in Monterey, CA. This year's Honored Marques include minivans and SUVs, which take center-stage alongside CdL's usual collection of the motley, mundane, and vehicularly ill-advised.

Lowering property values even further, Concours d'Lemons 2010 will also host Monterey Weekend’s only AutoJumble (that's "swapmeet" in Limey). Got piles of pesky Porsche parts? Rusty Renault remnants? A cancerous, clapped-out Cooper? Heap up the bits at the CdL AutoJumble, and make them some other poor idiot's problem. Organized auto clubs get a FREE AutoJumble space, since those miserable fools need it the worst: Just register at http://www.concoursdlemons.com or call 916-207-4645 during normal business hours pst.

Featuring only the finest in oddball, mundane, and truly awful offerings from the automotive world, CdL's August 14 show also includes unprofessional, inattentive, capricious, and bribery-hungry celebrity judges.

Tickets are $20/person online or at the gate. Spectators can begin feeling superior to the entrants at 9am, and enjoy that heady rush until 4pm. Worst of Show and other awful awards presented at 2:30. AAA tow trucks are allowed on the field until dark.

Brought to you by the same miscreants behind the 24 Hours of Lemons and Billetproof, Jay Lamm and Alan Galbraith, Concours d'Lemons celebrates the Oddball, Mundane and truly Awful of the automotive world.

Monterey County-Mandated Warning: Oddball cars are habit forming. Upon attending this event one may experience aversion to half million-dollar restorations, monogrammed martini glasses and Navy Blazers with khaki pants. Don’t say we didn't warn you.

Concours d'Lemons
Aug 15, 2009
Toro Regional Park
501 Monterey-Salinas Highway 68
Monterey, CA
for more info call Alan Galbraith @ 916-207-4645

Re: Concours d'Lemons Aug 14, 2010, Monterey, CA

Alan and Melissa know how to put together a good time.  I've been to two CdLs, one Billetproof show, and one Billetproof drag race-- each was well run and an enormous amount of fun.  If you've got an oddball, mundane, or truly awful vehicle (hey, you're reading this board, so the odds are good...), by all means haul, push, or drive (!) it to this show.  If you don't have one, there's still time to find/borrow/steal something appropriate, or you can just turn up to gape in delight and horror at the spectacle.

Oh, and car parts.  Those are always good.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

is this going to be a better show than the one at Infineon? how many cars show?

we had 90 cars at last years show in Monterey.

vwdmc16 wrote:

Last year's event was Excellent.  I would rather go to it than Pebble Beach or the Concourso Italiano.  Much better variety and bang for the buck.

We towed our rear ended Citroen DS to join the fun and won the French Legion of Horror.  We were parked next to Judge Ed's sweet Peugeot 404.  The DS was a friends of my dad's and then got rearend when he ran out of gas on the freeway.  The other driver drove away but the front license plate got stuck in the Citroen.  The guy was busted.  The car was structurally unsound for Lemons racing but the engine, gearbox, turning headlights and leather interior have gone on to support the other daily driver citroens in my dad's driveway and other friends DS.

Check out all of the greatness that was last year's Concours d'Lemons...

http://picasaweb.google.com/vwminispeed … rsDLeMons#

The Opel people will be having an event at Laguna Seca that weekend, part of the Histerics. Looks like I'll be able to attend both.

Just got word that The Discovery Channel will be at the Concours d'Lemons shooting an episode of "Chasing Classic Cars" with hot Wayne Carini. He'll buy a car out here in CA for the show and bring it out. Should be fun. Cant wait.

Bring your heap to the show and get famous!!! big_smile

vwminispeedster wrote:

Last year's event was Excellent.  I would rather go to it than Pebble Beach or the Concourso Italiano.

Yeah, I'd heard there's some other car stuff also going on in the same general area as the CdL if you want to make a full weekend of it.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Is there any sort of multi-car showing discount? I'd love to bring my triple trouble Daihatsu collection: Lemons Charade, daily driver Charade, and SUVlet Rocky.

Team Dai Hard Home Page

1989 Daihatsu Charade

djcommie wrote:

Is there any sort of multi-car showing discount? I'd love to bring my triple trouble Daihatsu collection: Lemons Charade, daily driver Charade, and SUVlet Rocky.

SURE!!! would love to have those there. Give me a call... 916-207-4645

I want to put the Tinyvette in this. I registered the car today so I can drive it to Monterey next week. If I leave just after sunrise (the car doesn't have headlights) I should get there in time, then will camp with the Opel crowd at Laguna Seca, maybe even try to park it with the real Corvettes, then drive back on Sunday after the sun comes up. Hopefully the car will survive T'hill, and even if it does, I think I'm going to rejoin AAA again. Towing can get expensive.

vwdmc16 wrote:

Last year's show was excellent. Lots of cars on the lawn, with something interesting for just about everyone. The Killer Bee (aka ZomBee) "won" a trophy, and my old Datsun was photographed for both an English magazine and Clunkbucket. We also we ran into a bunch of Lemons teams there (Oolong, Scooby, Panda etc). Half of vwminispeedster's Citron DS was a BEAUTIFUL car, and Mharrell's beautiful Micro-mini-thingy was about half a car.

And then there was that silver bikini with disco-ball Pinto photo-shoot fiasco...

Sure beats moping around the house all weekend.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

13 (edited by djcommie 2010-08-13 06:17 PM)

I'll be showing up with just the parts car/daily driver Charade, I'm aching for some cheap Chinese sweatshop made goodies!

I'll bring the dealer brochure extolling the virtues and options my car doesn't have, and the First in Ugly Class C trophy from Thunderhill!!

edit: Unfortunately the actual winner of that trophy is in rehab, its been hard to break its racing habit, and we just couldn't have it get into winning, thats just too harsh and expensive.

Team Dai Hard Home Page

1989 Daihatsu Charade