Topic: Thanks to everyone for a great time at the BFE GP

Just wanted to put out a public thank you to everyone who attended the Denver race.  This was my first Lemons event and it was everything I expected and more.  I was amazed at the complete lack of douchebaggery on the track, and everyone was so friendly and welcoming that I am now completely hooked and will have to continue this insanity further.  You bastards!

--Bob

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

Re: Thanks to everyone for a great time at the BFE GP

See! I told you!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cadillac Bob wrote:

Just wanted to put out a public thank you to everyone who attended the Denver race.  This was my first Lemons event and it was everything I expected and more.  I was amazed at the complete lack of douchebaggery on the track, and everyone was so friendly and welcoming that I am now completely hooked and will have to continue this insanity further.  You bastards!

--Bob

It is kinda fun, huh? The racing is real and it's pretty clean driving for the most part. Now you'll be looking for the next closest race to go to.

By the way, someone graciously lent me an electrical plug adaptor, but in the madness of packing it didn't get returned (by the time I thought about it, the paddock was about empty).  Please get in touch with me and I will send it to you or send you a check for the value of the adaptor.  Thanks!

--Bob

No race reports?

ifb_mole wrote:

No race reports?

I managed to hold off the 1956 Renault 4CV in the 1965 Marlin for one lap. But then the oil pressure went from 70 to about 25 and I decided not to blow up someone else's car. So I pitted. Then I climbed into a 1947 Ford with a 289 and made people dance behind it.

All other reports do not matter.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

7 (edited by RichVS 2010-07-13 10:50 AM)

And a HUGE THANK YOU to Speed Holes (Marlin team), Scott Reid, Brian McGuire, Brooks Freehill, and anyone else I am protecting, forgetting, or don't even know about.

The 4CV never would have made it on track without your incredible efforts and generosity prior to and over the the weekend.  I owe you all big time!  There will be a post Lemons thank you party once I recover.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

+1

It was GREAT! Great track. Friendly natives. Didn't even mind the drive to/from our swank hotel in Aurora and will stay at the same place next year.

As far as race reports I was too busy to notice much. Don't even know how we placed yet (keep checking MyLaps). Loved when the big ol' Volvo wagon overshot a turn at the top of a hill and went all-terrain about 150 yards. As usual with 24HL, some serious contenders had some dramatic failure and the leader board was fairly dynamic.

Themes were a little under-done. A lot of paint only themes, but enough to keep a smile on your face as you wandered the paddock.

There were some cool cars in the paddock. The Cobra, Elan, whatever the hot-rod was #36 brought, Tesla Roadster, Ford GT...

Could have used a better turn out but was still a blast. Great for turning some fast, uncrowded laps. It didn't share the mayhem of the 100-150 teams California races draw. I nearly skipped this one because of budget, but being from Salt Lake wanted to support and encourage races in the mountain region. There was a lot of local press and next year should bring more teams.  (I heard a Salt Lake station even picked up the story... No that was prabably the Le Mans series in Utah the same weekend.)

Bob & Rich,

My hats off to both of you for having totally cool cars.  I am just recovering from Driving back to Dallas on Monday.  It was a great group and although it was a smaller turn out than I have seen at other events it still had a great group of racers  I think the highlight of our weekend was bartering beers for gas with Bob's team (Marlin).  "Ya a 12 pack of Keystone Light is worth about 3 gallons of fuel".

Thanks as always to Jay and the gang.  The events are always fun.

Organizer's Choice Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 08', DNF Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 09'
Ugly Class 3 Winner Houston Gator-o-Rama  10', Ugly Class 3 Winner BFE Colorado 10', Ugly Class 3 Winner Texas World Speedway 12, We got Screwed Winner ECR 14', Barely Finished MSR 14' took a few years off but trying like hell for IOE in 2017!

You coulda had the gas for free!  Great meeting you guys...

Keystone Light? Have we taught you nothing?

Someone got RIPPED off.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Ya not sure who got the short stick there.  The beer was warm but it was fun none the less.  Thanks guys.

Organizer's Choice Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 08', DNF Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 09'
Ugly Class 3 Winner Houston Gator-o-Rama  10', Ugly Class 3 Winner BFE Colorado 10', Ugly Class 3 Winner Texas World Speedway 12, We got Screwed Winner ECR 14', Barely Finished MSR 14' took a few years off but trying like hell for IOE in 2017!