Re: Is it time to start talkin about Stafford yet??

Many thanks to the Stafford Motor Speedway staff / facility folks.

This was my third year there for Lemons, and it keeps getting better.  Well... the first year may as well not count, as pretty much anything would have to be better than that.  Thank whomever that that cone chicane has not reappeared on the front straight.  That was evil the first year.

The second year - no front straight chicane made passing possible.

This year, the added pavement in the infield made things even better.

Maybe for the forth year, something can be done about those two bumps coming out of the bus stop?

I know a few teams have dropped Stafford from their schedule in favor of the larger tracks.  I can understand that, but there's something extra fun about the extra chaos of ~80 cars on a track that small.

That bump was really bad if you didn't avoid it.  We ended up shearing off a wheel on saturday, and can't discount that bump as a large contributing factor.  Regardless though, this was our first trip to Stafford, and I have to say it exceeded my expectations.  While it was about as much of a fast paced demolition derby as I expected, the track layout was more entertaining and enjoyable than I went in thinking it would be after watching videos.

Good job Stafford crew as well, fast, friendly service by the wreckers.

This was our second year at Stafford and this track was WAY better than last year.  It was nice to be able to actually RACE through the first few turns as opposed to tiptoe so as to not get a wheel in the dirt or get creamed.  And when there were big packs there was a whole lot less stopping and waiting at turn 1.  I mean with 80 cars its still gonna happen but this was better.  The fact we had functional brakes this year helped as well.

In the end while penalties killed us (we ended up parked for a total of about 4 hours due to black flags completely ending our early 1st place run in the ugly class), I far appreciated the officiating and the 5 flag limit this year.  The officials seemed to give you a bit more leeway and allow you to tap the dirt/grass here and there as opposed to last year where you'd be black flagged if your outside tire so much as kissed a blade of grass.  And the penalties were well defined so there's no question of whats going on and no appearance at least of getting screwed.  The wider track helped this as well giving us more room to race, and the fear of being busted at least kept most people from being completely insane. 

Overall this year was more fun than last year, we even had a good time with being crashed into!  The judges saw our axle was bent and just laughed at us and said "you're screwed!" so we went back to the pit, got our friends from charred beef to come by with their oxyacetylene torch, and whipped out the 5 foot pry bar and heated and bent it back into shape and got back out on track, laughing and smiling the whole time!

In ebay speak:  A+++++++++++++++ EVENT! WILL RACE AGAIN!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Man, what a race!!!

The track layout was so much better. Without traffic (or sometimes with if you were feeling lucky) you could kiss the apex of 1 and just mash on the throttle past 2. It was great! Victors of War all had an even better time then last year. As usual, a few mechanical problems knocked us out of the top spots but 7th overall is WAY better then last years 27th and we will certainly take the 3rd in class. We were all very surprised that we got even that far to be honest. Cant wait for the next race. Hoping to try a larger track and see how the old girl does.
Thanks to all that stopped by to say hi and RogueLeader for all his "on track" help at the end. You guys rock!

Team Victors of War (those idiots in the wife-beaters and white pants)

WINWAR wrote:

Man, what a race!!!

The track layout was so much better. Without traffic (or sometimes with if you were feeling lucky) you could kiss the apex of 1 and just mash on the throttle past 2. It was great! Victors of War all had an even better time then last year. As usual, a few mechanical problems knocked us out of the top spots but 7th overall is WAY better then last years 27th and we will certainly take the 3rd in class. We were all very surprised that we got even that far to be honest. Cant wait for the next race. Hoping to try a larger track and see how the old girl does.
Thanks to all that stopped by to say hi and RogueLeader for all his "on track" help at the end. You guys rock!

No prob pal.  It was great paddocking with you guys and even better teaming up to make some "progress" at the end!  Impressive finish, especially for some guys from Jersey lol!

WINWAR wrote:

Man, what a race!!!

you guys drove really well all weekend.  did we even see you in the penalty box?

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Buzz Killington wrote:
WINWAR wrote:

Man, what a race!!!

you guys drove really well all weekend.  did we even see you in the penalty box?

i think we saw them, just not in the penalty box

eljefe17 wrote:
Buzz Killington wrote:
WINWAR wrote:

Man, what a race!!!

We took care of the penalties for them, it was like a team effort!

eljefe17 wrote:
Buzz Killington wrote:
WINWAR wrote:

Man, what a race!!!

i know...Rob left my flashkight with them.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Buzz Killington wrote:

i know...Rob left my flashkight with them.

what, he couldn't hold things in both hands at the same time?

Me and my team had a great time . The grand Am ran outstanding .  finished 21 overall which i think is good first time out.  next time i will bring more roll bar tube . ran out in the first five.   I hope everbody got there cage`s done. A friend of mine let me use his race car trailer. which was loaded full of tool`s .  Which was nice to be able to help out .   Winwar great racing with you evertime you guy were around us you raced us clean.  thank`s

wayne wrote:

Me and my team had a great time . The grand Am ran outstanding .  finished 21 overall which i think is good first time out.  next time i will bring more roll bar tube . ran out in the first five.   I hope everbody got there cage`s done. A friend of mine let me use his race car trailer. which was loaded full of tool`s .  Which was nice to be able to help out .   Winwar great racing with you evertime you guy were around us you raced us clean.  thank`s

Any video of when you dented the speedway wall in the last five minutes?

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

wayne wrote:

did your side mirror fall off yet?  it was dangling pretty bad there at the end of the race

wayne wrote:

Your car sounded prettybadass... anything done to the engine?

No vid of hitting wall. sorry so late to write back on vac all wekk no email there.  the motor is a stock 3.4l it was a little ripper . we had the a/c going the whole time.  great race,