Topic: Team roll call for MAM-Omaha

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to start a thread for those here who will be racing at the MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION OF OMAHA 2010 event.

We are "Lincoln AssassinVIIItion" AKA "JWB Racing" (Get it? smile ). We will be fielding a '94 Lincoln Mark VIII. Originally we had a '99 Taurus, but the the Mark VIII showed up on Craigslist for $300 and we had to have it.

We wanted to say hello to everyone in advance if they are on the forums and get to know who everyone is.

We are based out of Kansas City and look forward to meeting everyone and having a great weekend!

Sic semper tyrannis!*

*NOTE: This racing team does not condone the assassination of any person or government leader to further their political agenda. We also do not support the seceding of any state from the union nor the reversal of the Emancipation Proclamation. We simply have a car that happens to be a Lincoln and are likely going to kill it.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs175.snc4/38083_1517077974072_1448176969_1395436_3396946_n.jpg

Re: Team roll call for MAM-Omaha

Well you did good in not racing the 99 Taurus. The transmission wouldn't have lasted 2 hours. Your Mark 8 looks great. Make sure the cooling system has good hoses and flush the crap out. For the fuel injectors get a big bottle of Techron and pour it in at the start of the race. By the time the tank is empty the injectors should be real clean. Get some real race tires for that thing too, Dunlop Star Specs Z1. They will last the whole race or 2, as long as the track surface isn't like coarse sandpaper.

SimplyKC wrote:

Sic semper tyrannis!*

*NOTE: This racing team does not condone the assassination of any person or government leader to further their political agenda. We also do not support the seceding of any state from the union nor the reversal of the Emancipation Proclamation. We simply have a car that happens to be a Lincoln and are likely going to kill it.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- … 6946_n.jpg

Now that's FUNNY!

We are the Time Travelers of Doom and are planning on being at MAM.  Its our very first Lemons race and we are fielding a Fiero.  And if I listen to 90% of the posts on this forum, we are going to kill our car too (I'm just not sure if there are any world leaders named Fiero.  There was Geraldine Ferraro, the 1984 Democratic vice presidential candidate, but I'm pretty certain "world leader" would be an over statement). 

Good luck with your build.  Ours is about half done.  You can check out a few pictures and a smattering of updates on our facebook page.  Just search for Time Travelers of Doom on facebook, and it should find it.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the cool cars out there!

The Rusty Nuts will be there with the Jaggernaut. The Jag is on the trailer, ready to be towed to our cage builder. After it gets back we have a few loose ends to tie up and we'll be ready. We're expecting the ten plagues of Egypt to start hitting team members as the date approaches, but we're a lot closer to ready than we were for ECR.

We've seen a couple of Mark VIIIs in Lemons so far. They've been fast but breakdown-prone. I suggest installing the biggest radiator you can find in the junkyard.

#24 Track Pillagerz! is on the docket but I have nfc how we're going to pull together for the event. the car needs some light work so that's not the issue, but the lazy-ass drunken Vikings have trouble reaching back to that bulky fold of leather and paper in their back pockets after summit, gingerman, and CMP already this year.

Team Skid Steer Bobcat in 'ol number 863 will be there (hopefully) with our '79 Merc Bobcat.  We still have a lot to do but the brakes are nearly done, fuel cell is in, and hopefully we'll have it running by the end of the month.
Like Team LemonAid, we are raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation by asking folks to donate a penny, nickel, dime, or quarter per lap.  We already have some businesses that have donated cash to JDRF so we have a good start at making our goal of $2K.
I hope you all like Boulevard beer.  I'm either bringing an array of flavors in bottles or will bring a keg of Unfiltered Wheat or Zon.
See you there!

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

Lemonious Monk wrote:

Team Skid Steer Bobcat in 'ol number 863 will be there (hopefully) with our '79 Merc Bobcat.  We still have a lot to do but the brakes are nearly done, fuel cell is in, and hopefully we'll have it running by the end of the month.
Like Team LemonAid, we are raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation by asking folks to donate a penny, nickel, dime, or quarter per lap.  We already have some businesses that have donated cash to JDRF so we have a good start at making our goal of $2K.
I hope you all like Boulevard beer.  I'm either bringing an array of flavors in bottles or will bring a keg of Unfiltered Wheat or Zon.
See you there!

Ah Dang!  I was bringing Boulevard for part of my bribe!  I hope they love it!

10 (edited by NDGeist 2010-07-19 10:35 AM)

Free Candy Racing will be there with our civic.

I know Strange Racing is planning on bringing out the Datsun 510 and their Porsche 914.

For those of you who haven't been to MAM:
http://chipthurston.smugmug.com/photos/ … s3CN-O.jpg

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

Lemonious Monk wrote:

See you there!

Where in KC? We have a three Snooty North of the river guys and the three guys in Independence (it's the three guys in Indep with jobs and no drug habbit.)  We're building in Indep

wesmc wrote:

Where in KC? We have a three Snooty North of the river guys and the three guys in Independence (it's the three guys in Indep with jobs and no drug habbit.)  We're building in Indep

I live in Raytona Beach (Raytown) but the car is located in Independence.  We've got one driver coming in from St. Louis but the rest of the team is in and around the KC area.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

TTOD1 wrote:

By all means, bring more Boulevard.  The keg or bottled beer I'm bringing is for all the race teams  on Friday night but I am bringing a mixed case of the Smokestack Series for the judges for Baksheesh!  The plan is to make a bucket for the front of our Bobcat, bolt it to the front bumper, drill a couple of drain holes and fill it full of ice and beer.  Then, drive around the paddock passing it out to our competitors on Friday night.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

Lemonious Monk wrote:
TTOD1 wrote:

By all means, bring more Boulevard.  The keg or bottled beer I'm bringing is for all the race teams  on Friday night but I am bringing a mixed case of the Smokestack Series for the judges for Baksheesh!  The plan is to make a bucket for the front of our Bobcat, bolt it to the front bumper, drill a couple of drain holes and fill it full of ice and beer.  Then, drive around the paddock passing it out to our competitors on Friday night.

Ah, the ol' "Ex-lax in Boulevard" trick! smile

Serioulsy, though, that's pretty awesome. We too talked of Boulevard for a bribe. Back to the drawing board!

Thanks to everyone for tech tips and the replies.

SimplyKC wrote:
Lemonious Monk wrote:
TTOD1 wrote:

Ah, the ol' "Ex-lax in Boulevard" trick! smile

Serioulsy, though, that's pretty awesome. We too talked of Boulevard for a bribe. Back to the drawing board!

Thanks to everyone for tech tips and the replies.

Maybe we'll just have to all get together to make sure we have a variety!  We don't want bored judges, especially if you're the last KC team to go through the BS inspection, and we've all brought Unfiltered Wheat!  :-)

wesmc wrote:
Lemonious Monk wrote:

See you there!

Their jobs don't involve the actual making of the meth, do they?  (snicker)

Track Pillagerz! are bowing out for Omaha/MAM. sorry guys, see you at the next one!

ARGH! I was supposed to take the Jag to our cage builder last weekend, but he's not returning my calls or emails. Now my wife and kids are taking the truck to Branson (while I'm stuck working) and we only have a month until the race. And the car doesn't start yet!

EriktheAwful wrote:

ARGH! I was supposed to take the Jag to our cage builder last weekend, but he's not returning my calls or emails. Now my wife and kids are taking the truck to Branson (while I'm stuck working) and we only have a month until the race. And the car doesn't start yet!

so you're actually AHEAD of schedule then ? wink

Uh, yeah. Just like I was ahead of schedule for Dallas. We missed that race.

It'll all come together.

Right there with you Erik.  We have a laundry list of things to do and the CL motor we picked up for the car isn't installed in the car yet.  I hope to make a lot of progress this weekend and by this time next week, have a car with working brakes, off of the jackstands, with a running motor.  Too much to hope for?  Once it runs the cage is going in.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

TTOD1 wrote:
wesmc wrote:
Lemonious Monk wrote:

See you there!

Their jobs don't involve the actual making of the meth, do they?  (snicker)

Nope, we work for the Fire Dept.  I think if we made meth we'd earn enough to race a better car.

Team Viper Light Racing will be there in our lucky #13 Viper RE (recession edition) aka Dodge Neon.  The cage was finished Tuesday and I'm going to start the rest of the prep as soon as we can drag the car over to my house.  For bribes, we figured there'd be plenty of brush creek brewery beer floating around, so were planning to bring BBQ to wash down with the beer.

Filthy Mechanic wrote:

Team Viper Light Racing will be there in our lucky #13 Viper RE (recession edition) aka Dodge Neon.  The cage was finished Tuesday and I'm going to start the rest of the prep as soon as we can drag the car over to my house.  For bribes, we figured there'd be plenty of brush creek brewery beer floating around, so were planning to bring BBQ to wash down with the beer.

finished? holy smokes!