Topic: re: Found Schumacher Taxi's Newest LeMon Prototype in hiding

Came into work very early today to get caught up. Low and behold what do I find but a camouflaged Prototype Lemons car on a trailer next door at the Nissan dealer. Probably would not have noticed it but a yellow shirted guy running around at 6:30 am in the morning grabbing helmets and other stuff then racing off drew our attention to it. Looked very much like Rob ? So our belief is that this is the newest Prototype in hiding from Schunacher Taxi's team of cars. He must have forgotten that the guys from Keystone Kops work right next door at the Volvo dealership. I went over to look at it closer is amazing how he hung new looking sheet metal camouflaging to hide the old piece of something underneath. Looked like maybe another GM X car in the making but I am not sure. Amazing to me the lenght's teams will go to in testing. We posted a photo on Facebook to let the world see it. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 … =688751787 I felt like I was working undercover for Road & Track.  SteveOwens #240 Keystone Kops

#240 Keystone Kops 1984 Volvo 244 Sedan
#242 Jew-Wop-E 1979 Volvo V8 Coupe

Re: re: Found Schumacher Taxi's Newest LeMon Prototype in hiding

really? i gotta log in to see it? come on...

I am sorry only way I could get the photo to post. It is my screen saver at work at the moment. Steve

4 (edited by Modelwerks 2010-07-19 11:59 AM)

I hide mine right in the middle of the shop between all the cup cars.
http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?a … 8418604559

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

SteveO wrote:

We posted a photo on Facebook to let the world see it. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 … =688751787

apparently i'm not part of the world since i don't have facebook and couldn't see the pic

eljefe17 wrote:
SteveO wrote:

We posted a photo on Facebook to let the world see it. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 … =688751787

apparently i'm not part of the world since i don't have facebook and couldn't see the pic

I don't think the link works, and I am a gold member.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

LOLZ!!!

Yeah, that was me.  That would be my track/autocross car and future lemon.  I was supposed to be up at Pocono with it today but my Titan broke down and is at that dealership for repairs.  It happened on Thursday but the parts they needed wouldn't be there until this week and the kludge that they attempted left a hole in a high pressure gas line (which I discovered only after smelling gas for a mile up the road after they told me it had been fixed).  I had left all my track gear in the truck and car and had to get it this morning so I could instruct today.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

8 (edited by RobL 2010-07-19 02:45 PM)

Oh and BTW - I thought that you actually caught a glimpse of our super secret car build and outed us.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Yeah, I was like "Oh crap, how did they find the car??" but it was just the Solstice ha ha

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

10 (edited by DaveH 2010-07-22 04:41 PM)

I have left my garage door open while working on it here and there.  I was thinking someone drove by my house and snapped a pic.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

DaveH wrote:

I have left my garage door open while working on it here and there.  I was thinking someone drove by my house and snapped a pic.

watch out for the Lemons paparazzi

Hope, Rob gets his truck back soon we just had to go fill up his flat left rear trailer tire And man is it hot out. I may try and see if a Volvo fuel line will fit that damn thing

"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Pwned.

I just wanted to point out, I like that people are having fun in this thread.  Every car forum I've read today is drama about crooked shops, then I stumble across this awsomeness, where $500 cars are getting "exposed" and we genuinely care.

Keep up the good work.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

14 (edited by DaveH 2010-07-24 06:19 AM)

Just so everyone else gets it, this is the "super secret Lemons car" being discussed in this thread.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3463006580_97ff2e480c_o.jpg

Well, one of them at least.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

Bad enough we had to fill his flat trailer tire up the other day. I am at the outer banks on vacation and just spoke to one of my guys that worked Saturday tells me Rob pulled the trailer out of the Nissan dealer under the cover of night. Was gone Saturday morning. Could it be that his truck is finally fixed ? Or that he was feel the pressure of our letting the world know about his teams undercover car ?