Topic: Instruction and Track Walk at Thunderhill Event

The Old Farts will again provide an optional “Classroom Instruction” for the Lemons race in August.  We are changing the format this time to a Track Walk. 

5:30pm Friday
Rookie Track walk.  We will still cover all the basic instruction, flag definition, passing, being passed, basic car control, track etiquette, and then turn by turn track description plus good passing zones.  How to reduce or eliminate black flags will also be discussed.  This class is geared toward new or novice drivers and drivers that have received multiple black flags in the past.  Be sure to wear good walking shoes.  We are working with the track on the posiblity of motorized transport. This class will include a track map.  Length 1.5 hours, cost $20.00.
No advance registration needed--just show up.

Please respond so that we can provide the best possible instruction.

6:00pm Friday
Advanced Track walk will provide more advanced turn by turn track description, passing zones and techniques but without flags definition, basic car control, etc.  This class is geared toward experienced drivers that have little or no time at Thunderhill. This class will include a track map.  Length 1 hour and cost $20.00. No advance registration needed--just show up.

Please respond so that we can fine tune the walk.  We know there are a lot of drivers that have driven this track many times but not too many have had a chance to walk it.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Instruction and Track Walk at Thunderhill Event

Bring sunscreen!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Hmm... 6pm on Friday....in the sun at peak heat walking on asphalt....me thinks it might be a tad bit WARM...maybe you can rent one of the corner worker vans with AC?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Good point on the heat.  I'll think about starting the class a little later or supply the beer.
Jim

Those hello-kitty coolsuit backpack systems might come in handy too.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

OldFart wrote:

Good point on the heat.  I'll think about starting the class a little later or supply the beer.
Jim

Did I hear BEER...............  I'll wear by "two pack" beer hat!!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2