Topic: So I've bitten by the LeMon

We have most of a Team (We call ourselves More Money Then Brains Racing...Think about it, trust me you'll laugh)

We have a Car (82 Z28 that was bound for donation to The Salvation Army. We got it for a buck)

We have a Dream (My wife calls it a nightmare)

Difficulty: the Z28 is a Pace Car Edition. I mean its been sitting for 8 years and the interior and paint (which make it special) are trashed, Hell it doesn't have the pin striped wheels anymore and the Indy logo'd doors have been long ago replaced with ones off an 89. It has well over 100K on the clock. But it has a following and bless their hearts they have a website. And just to pull more on the heart strings (and the purse strings) cherry examples with low miles are going for 10k on ebay.

Don't get me wrong, we're still gonna chop her up cause those cars are way too heavy but I'm kinda feelin' guilty about it. Plus we got one helluva theme worked out.

Anyhoo, We're comin out to Thunderhill to spectate and drink in this new world that has us so enthralled. This looks like so much fun and Ive gleaned so much from the lurking I've done the last few weeks. Now that we have a car I can really get into it.

Matt
More Money Then Brains Racing

Re: So I've bitten by the LeMon

It's a Camaro.  And a crappy Cross Fire Injected one.  It does not matter if there are supposedly only two in the world, there are most likely a dozen within ten miles of you.  Chop it up and give it an Indy Cross Fire theme.

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

get rid of the cross fire an any ancient electronic gizmos, slap a carb on it, and have fun!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Actually its not a CFI car its got a rottenchester on it. Thats the original reason why it was parked, the electric choke burned out and the owner didn't want to deal with it. Lame reason for parking a car right?

Mathos101 wrote:

Actually its not a CFI car its got a rottenchester on it. Thats the original reason why it was parked, the electric choke burned out and the owner didn't want to deal with it. Lame reason for parking a car right?

Hummm. Have you heard this gem run? Take note. Most F-bodies do not fair well in Lemons racing. Don't really know why, but their racing history here is not good. But then SHO's never were worth a flip either........

1 word - Ghetto-Charged

Sounds like a winner ( the drinking part at least )

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

BUILD it and bring it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camaros have an AWFUL record in Lemons and the judges know it........plus its an 82..so that helps too.....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Oh yeah we're buildin it.

We got it to the shop on sunday and our schedules sync up to start on it next sunday.

There will be pics.

Has an F-body even finished? Cause that's what were aiming for with this car at the very least.

Witchdoctor/Bikiniracer finished second in Oct 08 at MSR Houston. 

I am sure otehrs have finished too.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

At Thunderhill, come on by the Old Farts Pit - white 924s.  Have a beer or just hang out.
Jim