1 (edited by Bonedriver 2010-07-26 01:48 AM)

Topic: Team Police Brutality Finally wins IOE!!!!

First they couldn't do it with a 1961 Caddy playing Sinatra at Gingerman - even after shifting the bridge 13 feet after hitting it head on...

The second time they couldn't do it with a 1963 Thunderbird, which looked (from 100 feet away) more at home in Jay Leno's garage than a race track at Joliet...

The third time couldn't do it with a 1963 Thunderbird with a BMW V12 and only third gear at Summit Point...

But like a scene out of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Fourth Time (after the first three casltes burned down, fell over and sank into the swamp) the chickens were sacrificed at Stafford and Lemon God's were appeased. TPB won IOE!

Nice job guys!!! Now to win Overall in the Mark VIII... so all you other teams watch out! Now that Speedycop has IOE under his belt he'll concentrate all the left over time on getting the Mark VIII ready for a shot at the top of the podium...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

Re: Team Police Brutality Finally wins IOE!!!!

Just got home. What an awesome race! Gotta head to work in a few hours, so I'll post a summary later, but thanks to everyone who supported us this weekend!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Congrats, all of your crazy, sweat inducing wrenching has finally paid off.

Nice work!

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

Great job guys (and girls). If the Arc Angel had gotten a penalty would she have had to weld her own barnyard animal on the rollcage?

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

She has a get out of jail free card.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Thanks and great job to everyone for a tremendously fun weekend of automotive mayhem. 

I woke up this morning still not believing that the Fiat Abarf special made it through without mechanical problems (we didn't even add oil... seriously)... but with a huge smile on my face.  Not to mention that we established some solid engineering data for next time by clearly exceeding the design limitations of the stock sized 13 inch tires.

Tom
Scuderia Regurgito

Scuderia Regurgito  '75 Fiat 131, '93 e36
2010 Stafford: Winner, class ugly  2011 NJMP: Organizer's Choice and violently exploded gearbox
2011 Stafford: Most From the Least, 2012 NJMP: Shockingly issue free, 2012 Loudon: Rod thru block
2012 Hooptiefest: Multiple spun bearings, 2013 Monticello: Head gaskets, 2013 Loudon: More head gaskets, 2013 NJMP, 2013 Hooptiefest, 2014 NJMPx2 and Heroic Fix

Congrats Speedy and team.  You have certainly put the effort in and it paid off!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Oh yeah,

1501.00 comes out to about 1.00/hr.

Do you get a 1099??

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Congratulations....
Hard work does pay off....
Hardcore lunacy with a touch of brilliance does too....

See ya at the next one.

Manny.
Elmo's revenge.

Congrats Speedy!

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Congrats guys!

*cough*  podium winning Prefect *cough*

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Nice Job Speedy!!!!!

#25 BuckSnort Racing
09' Nelsons / 10' American Irony, Capitol Offense, Bull Oil, Blago / 11' Gingivitis, American Irony, Shootout
12' Gingivitis, Shootout, American Irony

Good job....

After seeing that car up-close and in person....  I am in awe of your technical achievement.  and the fact it didn't end if your fiery death!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Thanks. Fortunately for us, diesel is pretty hard to light. One thing I think Lemons needs is to allow the race winner a freestyle victory lap. When I used to win tough truck competitions down south, I'd get a few minutes to come out and freestyle after a win. I'd go up on two wheels, jump backwards, do donuts, and generally just entertain the crowd with my shenanigans. A Lemons winning team could do J-turns, donuts, burnouts, and the like. Just a thought...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

That would be awesome, but some hotfoot SCCA-type would roll their car during said hoonage with predictable results:

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/8/thisiswhywe128521447122097566.jpg

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Speedycop wrote:

Thanks. Fortunately for us, diesel is pretty hard to light. One thing I think Lemons needs is to allow the race winner a freestyle victory lap. When I used to win tough truck competitions down south, I'd get a few minutes to come out and freestyle after a win. I'd go up on two wheels, jump backwards, do donuts, and generally just entertain the crowd with my shenanigans. A Lemons winning team could do J-turns, donuts, burnouts, and the like. Just a thought...

there was enough freestyling in that car with whoever was in it near the end with them exiting the track from across the grass in the 1st turn esses (or whatever you wanna call them).  left, right, hard right and exit...lol

Congrats speedy!!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

18 (edited by Buzz Killington 2010-07-27 06:41 AM)

ronman wrote:

That would be awesome, but some hotfoot SCCA-type would roll their car during said hoonage with predictable results:

but those types never win.  instead, they come up to the penalty box and bitch about how they got flagged but there were other cars that didn't.  weird how some teams always seem to have someone watching them.

eljefe17 wrote:

there was enough freestyling in that car with whoever was in it near the end with them exiting the track from across the grass in the 1st turn esses (or whatever you wanna call them).  left, right, hard right and exit...lol

LOL...for the last 90 minutes or so, some of the girls from Lemons HQ ran the car.  i can't remember who was in the car at that point, but that was an entertaining move.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Buzz Killington wrote:

LOL...for the last 90 minutes or so, some of the girls from Lemons HQ ran the car.  i can't remember who was in the car at that point, but that was an entertaining move.

i'm pretty sure i know who it was, but didn't wanna call them out

Buzz Killington wrote:
ronman wrote:

but those types never win.

First, congrats to SpeedyCop for an awesome car. While I can't say that I always enjoyed being side-by-side with you as you wallowed through the tight spots, I absolutely loved the effort, the concept, and the execution. Great job. We're still wondering how you wire a kill switch for a diesel....

As for the SCCA hotshoe comment, I'm not so sure. The winning Rhino rocket boys were SCCA racers. We (NOSM, the two-orange-rocket 528e) led the majority of the race, but lost in the last hour. There were multiple factors that could have won it for us, including a big whoops on my part. Still, they put some fast drivers in that car and simply caught us with good clean racing and fast pitstops. They were super nice guys and I was genuinely happy for them. I watched their driving and marveled at how they could cut through the pack without pushing other cars around, picking good opportunities and skipping bad ones. Great driving, particularly in the last 3 hours or so.

Whether experienced club racer,  self-taught Lemons racer, pro racer or whatever, there are nice guys in each camp. I think this kind of racing attracts nice folks.

We had a spectacularly good race. We never expected to do as well as we did. There were fast teams that got unlucky -- mechanical or penalty problems. There were fast teams that weren't at this event. Still, this event puts some faith back in the fading belief that if you come with a reliable car, good pit strategy, reasonable drivers, and penalty-free driving, you can still win at a circle track. I'm not sure this is true anymore on the road courses, where low hp + high weight is a big problem. (We have just 121hp.)

The downpour was a trip. Waiting on the oval for the restart, I used one hand to hold the door open so the windshield wouldn't fog and my other to hold my glasses away so they wouldn't fog. Then (being first) I drove through the lake at the exit of the chicane and watched water slosh round the 120v inverter we were using to power the camera. Going through the puddle at the exit of the bus-stop, the car would start sliding straight into the wall, requiring me to steer straight into the wall to get the wheels rolling, then start turning again. Got my attention lap after lap until it dried out. It's a very good thing there was no fire because I would have been steamed like a lobster.

I want to thank the tow drivers who did a spectacular job of clearing the track (unlike Summit Point).

I want to thank all the workers who did their thing -- corner workers, Lemons staff, whatever on a very hot, humid day. After all, it's not like they got to drive or anything (at least not most of them!).

The new pavement transformed the event, making for much more reasonable racing. My only minor suggestion would be to leave the paddock lights on until 11pm so we can see to pack up.

Let's pray for more New England / Northeast events in 2011!

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Speedycop wrote:

Thanks. Fortunately for us, diesel is pretty hard to light.

Actually diesel can be more dangerous than gasoline as it is combustible in a wider range of concentrations and has a lower ignition point although that is mitigated by the higher flash point.

In a closed fuel tank, gasoline cannot be ignited by sparks inside since the concentration of fuel vapor is above the UEL.  Diesel and kerosene due to their lower flash point, often have concentrations within the explosive range in sealed tanks.  This is why jet airplanes occasionally have fuel tank explosions yet it never occurs in cars with their in tank pumps, wiring and exposed fuel senders.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

EvergreenDan wrote:
Buzz Killington wrote:
ronman wrote:

but those types never win.

First, congrats to SpeedyCop for an awesome car. While I can't say that I always enjoyed being side-by-side with you as you wallowed through the tight spots, I absolutely loved the effort, the concept, and the execution. Great job. We're still wondering how you wire a kill switch for a diesel....

As for the SCCA hotshoe comment, I'm not so sure. The winning Rhino rocket boys were SCCA racers. We (NOSM, the two-orange-rocket 528e) led the majority of the race, but lost in the last hour. There were multiple factors that could have won it for us, including a big whoops on my part. Still, they put some fast drivers in that car and simply caught us with good clean racing and fast pitstops. They were super nice guys and I was genuinely happy for them. I watched their driving and marveled at how they could cut through the pack without pushing other cars around, picking good opportunities and skipping bad ones. Great driving, particularly in the last 3 hours or so.

Whether experienced club racer,  self-taught Lemons racer, pro racer or whatever, there are nice guys in each camp. I think this kind of racing attracts nice folks.

OK, calm down...that was partly toungue-in-cheek.  we are also SCCA racers and i think pretty nice guys as well.  wink

let me re-phrase:  SCCA hotshoes who take themselves too seriously and would be likely to flip a car during a victory lap never win.

and yes, there are plenty of those around, even at Lemons. smile

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Buzz Killington wrote:

we are also SCCA racers ...

That explains everythi.... oh wait ...

j/k. smile I'm calm. Great race.

Our most serious problem was that we didn't know CT doesn't sell beer on Sunday. ARGH!!!

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

EvergreenDan wrote:

Our most serious problem was that we didn't know CT doesn't sell beer on Sunday. ARGH!!!

You didn't learn that last year?  wink

Congrats SpeedyCop. Watching you guys wrench on that beast was almost as entertaining as working the penalty box.

Buzz Killington wrote:
ronman wrote:

but those types never win.  instead, they come up to the penalty box and bitch about how they got flagged but there were other cars that didn't.  weird how some teams always seem to have someone watching them.

My favorite was the guy that bitched at me:
Whiner: You guys are doing a terrible job...you're missing half the stuff people were doing that deserved black flags!
Me: Then we must have missed that much of what you did too?! Wow, you must be a really bad driver.
Whiner exits, stage left.

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.