Re: CMP -- What teams will be there?

Team Fubar will be there with our 98 Grand Prix GTP.

Flounder = Mike, original pilot for Team Police Brutality/Speedycop. 
Team Fubar = Started in 2010. Three brothers, one autistic nephew/son, another nephew and one 1998 Grand Prix GTP/Autism Awareness pace car/Bill Elliott tribute car/Ice Cream Truck.   
Our record= 6 blown/damaged engines and two trannies destroyed in eight races.  And they said a supercharged 3.8L was a bad idea.

Flounder wrote:

Team Fubar will be there with our 98 Grand Prix GTP.

GTP vs GTP Round 2? smile

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

The Duff Beer Civic will be there, still looking to go an entire day without blowing up a motor or transmission. So far our record is 7 hours. On the bright side, we've got enough extra engine and transmission parts to build an extra drivetrain at this point.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

The Duff Beer Civic will be there, still looking to go an entire day without blowing up a motor or transmission. So far our record is 7 hours. On the bright side, we've got enough extra engine and transmission parts to build an extra drivetrain at this point.

Hope you bring the home brew,  it was pretty tasty!
Temps look to be high of 90, so by Saturday night it should be time to rehydrate.

teamsaabstory wrote:

Temps look to be high of 90, so by Saturday night it should be time to rehydrate.

Dammit. I was hoping for cold and miserable.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:
teamsaabstory wrote:

Dammit. I was hoping for cold and miserable.

COME BACK IN FEBRUARY!!!!!!  (If last Feb was any indication...)

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

teamsaabstory wrote:

Hope you bring the home brew,  it was pretty tasty!

We'll have beer; two of the drivers have brewed batches. We're trying to decide if we should have a "no drinking until the car is ready for Sunday morning" policy this time around. Last time we had too much home brew and moonshine and never got the car ready for racing in the morning. Of course we did have to swap out an engine, so it was a lot of work, but we've done that in an hour before.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Chariots on Fire will be back with our mx3 and its wooden wagon wheels.  We plan to do at least three or four laps more than the 145 we did at South Spring before our intake valve retainers gave out.

Just got the car on the road for the first time since the race last night.  It feels great!  Can't wait to see what it feels like on the track!

Super Troopers Racing will be returning to CMP for the fall race ... but under a different theme.  Road Warrior Racing will try and repeat the win from the spring race that the Super Troopers took home last time ... One new driver, a new theme, the 5th race on this car ... my money is on it blowing-up this time.  Check out our car with the new digs here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YyVp60-TUA .  Finished it just in time!

Big Tuna - Road Warrior Racing
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast you wanna go?"

35 (edited by Speedycop 2010-09-21 04:23 PM)

Just make sure your drivers own their mistakes in the penalty box this time, please. You guys are usually a class act, but you had one driver hit me in the right rear in turn one (Feb race, IIRC) due to coming in waaay too hot, despite my giving him every inch of track I could to avoid contact, and he refused to say a word when Jay asked him what happened.

I tell my drivers the same thing. If you make a mistake, own it, and let the poor sap you hit get back out there.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

Just make sure your drivers own their mistakes in the penalty box this time, please. You guys are usually a class act, but you had one driver hit me in the right rear in turn one (Feb race, IIRC) due to coming in waaay too hot, despite my giving him every inch of track I could to avoid contact, and he refused to say a word when Jay asked him what happened.

I tell my drivers the same thing. If you make a mistake, own it, and let the poor sap you hit get back out there.

respectfully, Speedycop, for some reason this post harshes my buzz.  i'm sure it isn't personal, more than likely it stems from a recent experience i had with the local constablery.  our project car was violated by a local peace officer in the name of detective work.

our ragged 1982 BMW 528e was parked in an odd manner in my building's parking lot with a sheet over the dash to protect it from cracking.  the dash is worth like $250 easy on-line.  so in the middle of the night the law broke into our car "just to be sure" it wasn't a stolen vehicle.  did i mention it was on my property?

i fought the law, and the law won...........

actually, i'm letting it slide.  small southern town with six cops.  no need to bring any more attention to myself.

anyway, lighten up big guy.  no need to prejudice a new race.  afterall SuperTroopers are the defending champions, they will have enough to deal with.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

The drive that hit you Speedycop is no longer on the team..  Luckily the new guy races some kind of over grown go-cart that does 80mph so he should fit right in...   Sorry about the hit back in Feb - the rest of us will own up if we hit you again...

Road Warrior Racing - Ford Falcon XB

soldmystang wrote:

respectfully, Speedycop, for some reason this post harshes my buzz.  i'm sure it isn't personal, more than likely it stems from a recent experience i had with the local constablery.  our project car was violated by a local peace officer in the name of detective work.

our ragged 1982 BMW 528e was parked in an odd manner in my building's parking lot with a sheet over the dash to protect it from cracking.  the dash is worth like $250 easy on-line.  so in the middle of the night the law broke into our car "just to be sure" it wasn't a stolen vehicle.  did i mention it was on my property?

i fought the law, and the law won...........

actually, i'm letting it slide.  small southern town with six cops.  no need to bring any more attention to myself.

anyway, lighten up big guy.  no need to prejudice a new race.  afterall SuperTroopers are the defending champions, they will have enough to deal with.

Sorry I harshed your buzz. wink

I don't see any probable cause for entering a locked vehicle on private property, just to check a VIN, unless it matched the description of a vehicle involved in a recent felony, and even then, unless there were exigent circumstances, you can sit on it and get a warrant. Perhaps your state/local laws are different...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

Porschelou wrote:

The drive that hit you Speedycop is no longer on the team..  Luckily the new guy races some kind of over grown go-cart that does 80mph so he should fit right in...   Sorry about the hit back in Feb - the rest of us will own up if we hit you again...

Thanks. No hard feelings. Stuff happens on the track, it's how you respond that counts. I'm looking forward to a great time racing the defending champs!

Lemons started early for me today as I sat for two hours in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 trying to protect my line from lane changers. I expect that will be just like the opening stint this weekend.  The culprit of the back up was an Ambulance that crashed into the guard rail taking out about 75 of railing. 

Wonder if the highway patrol made the ambulance crew sharpie on the remains of the vehicle, "I will not crash my safety vehicle into guard rails"?

41 (edited by EyeMWing 2010-09-22 11:48 AM)

Oh crap. I need to leave for this thing tomorrow morning, don't I?

A billion things to do and not enough time to do them.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Our blue-ass Volvo will be back, even if we have to drive it to the track.. and it's very much looking like we will have to.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

loading trailer  now   about  a 12 hr trip down from philly we are going to makke  alist on the drive down so we dont forget anything

Be safe on the way down.  Leave the crazy ass stuff for the track. 

Second thought, get out of your system now.

45 (edited by Uncle Humjaba 2010-09-23 01:21 PM)

Team eye of the tigers (a bunch of clueless undergrads from clemson) have their tiger stripe 240sx ready to roll!

Er, wait
http://imgur.com/fs7xv.jpg

Look for us in the pits on Friday, we will likely be running around frantically fixing whatever we didn't do correctly in the week we've had to prepare this thing.

Uncle Humjaba wrote:

Team eye of the tigers (a bunch of clueless undergrads from clemson) have their tiger stripe 240sx ready to roll!

Er, wait
http://imgur.com/fs7xv.jpg

Look for us in the pits on Friday, we will likely be running around frantically fixing whatever we didn't do correctly in the week we've had to prepare this thing.

Looks like an old style Exxon car.

I wll be there crewing with rbankracing.com and there Saab 900 turbo. No endurancekarting.com team this time due to the main driver/s having a karting event this weekend at Lime Rock.

Rusty Bolt Racing just arrived in Charlotte and will be heading the rest of the way down to CMP tomorrow morning.  We're in the Miller High Life 962.

1984 Porsche 944 -- Miller High Life 962
1975 BMW 530i -- Jagermeister CSL, Lemons South Fall 2009 IoE Winner
www.facebook.com/rustyboltracing
www.rustyboltracing.com

Team Police Brutality is leaving MD now. See you guys around 10:30, hopefully. We too will be scrambling to finish numbering/theme/etc.

Eagle racing is at the track now. I'll give some pans of the paddock when I get the camera setup this morning.

Final Gear was at the track right as the gates opened, I think we were 11th in line to get in.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic