Re: CMP -- What teams will be there?

Anyone get video of the Duff Beer Civic getting collected in turn 1?

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

I have an eye witness account if that will do. It was spectacular.

Team Seppuku
1979 Toyota Celica GT Liftback

That's what I heard; I was back in the paddock getting suited up for the next shift and missed it.

TrackGeeks got a shot of the TunaChunkers car going sideways in turn 6 then a small shot of them hitting the duff car in turn 1.  You can see it 16 minutes into the video.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9841981

Mock Grass Racing                                                                     Slower Traffic, Keep Right
2017 - Introduction of the Kia Amanti; 2016 - Killed the Car at WRL
2015 - 4 Races, finished all; 2014 - Barber, Blew 2 Engines; CMP, Class C winner
2013 - CMP, Blew engine; CMP, Engine Overheated 2012 - CMP, FInished; CMP, Blew Engine

Thanks, wow, that was pretty badass. I'm surprised there wasn't more damage to the Civic.

It sounded horrendous!!!  We were sitting at the end of the front straight.  There were children wailing, news agencies were sending beat reporters, and the National Guard was put on standby!  Maybe not quite that bad, but the sound rivaled the thump the Mustang made when it took out the tire barrier in February.

I am really surprised the Civic wasn't totaled.  Maybe I should not have welded that header for you, it may have saved you some damage.  :-)

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Hey, we may take a saw to it and open it up again. We noticed that while running with an open header, people didn't move into us while driving like they usually do. Maybe it's like the Harley bikers say, you tend to notice and avoid something that loud next to you. Aft of the header the car has a stock exhaust, which is maybe too quiet.

58 (edited by st_rage 2010-09-27 06:56 PM)

I'm sure it would work.  Every time a loud car got next to me got off the gas.  I kept thinking my exhaust had suddenly fallen off.

One of the fast beemers had a side pipe that seemed to be pointed directly at my head when they passed on the left.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

Hmm, we may have to try that, split the exhaust after the header and run a straight pipe out each side of the car. Either that or just turn it up and bring it out of the hood with one of those truck flaps to keep the rain out.

We got water under our distributor cap and sometimes when the car would misfire/backfire I could hear it in my headset.  One of the cars on the track made even louder pops in my headset every time it passed me.  At first I thought there was something very wrong with my car but later it was incentive to not drive so slow.

I wonder if there should be a rule about excessive EM interference?  Otherwise it's just a matter of time before some team shows up with a homebrew EMP device. smile