Topic: Thunderhill opening time

Does the track at Thunderhill allow us to come in on Thursday evening versus Friday morning? A couple of the guys on our tem run up there with there freuently and sadi that the track is usually opened at 5:00PM the night before for the event. Will we get let in if we show up Thursday evening? Also saw some forum posts about pre-tech meetings, is this the evening before? Thank You and see you in 4 days at the track!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Re: Thunderhill opening time

The last two Thunderhill races have been no access on Thursday night, gates open 7am Friday morning.  The meetings are held after tech on Friday night.

Don't worry about not getting a spot.  There was over 150 teams at the Arse-Freeze last November, and we didn't fill the paddock.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

We will be ther on Friday morning bright and early. See you there!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

the paddock at Thunderhill is quite large....but I'm sure there will be the typical parade all the way out to 162 bright and early Friday morning.....

I'm lucky that a rent a garage up there...so no worries for us!!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I'm a Newbie here and was thinking of driving out there on Thursday or Friday morning to meet some people and get a feel of how this goes. I did mapquest and it shows it 500 miles for me (Orange County) and was wanting to watch the race on Saturday. How is it to walk around in the pits or the Tech area? Any Restrictions? I come from a off-road racing background and know how are tech is open as well as the pits. Any info would be great!!

Riverguy553 wrote:

I'm a Newbie here and was thinking of driving out there on Thursday or Friday morning to meet some people and get a feel of how this goes. I did mapquest and it shows it 500 miles for me (Orange County) and was wanting to watch the race on Saturday. How is it to walk around in the pits or the Tech area? Any Restrictions? I come from a off-road racing background and know how are tech is open as well as the pits. Any info would be great!!

One really nice aspect of Lemons is how open the pit-track is....once you pay your entry fee you can pretty much go anywhere short of inside a racecar!!! 

The paddock is mostly flat, but can get windy at times...the best view is a slight uphill hike to turn 9 or the 3 floor of the main building....  Thunderhill is WAY easier to get around than Infineon or Laguna...

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

The paddock is mostly flat, but can get windy at times...the best view is a slight uphill hike to turn 9 or the 3 floor of the main building....  Thunderhill is WAY easier to get around than Infineon or Laguna...

Best viewing area IMO is the little hill at the north end of the Pit area, Turn 14. There is also the bigger hill between 14 and turn 9, but then you are further away from the east side of the track and can't see the front straight. Trade offs.

You can't really walk around the track very much, but again you can see most of it from the pits and those two spots.

It does get freaking hot so check the weather, bring a hat, sunscreen, water bottle, salt (emergy-C), etc.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

cdickman12 wrote:

Friday morning?

Friday morning, and you should get there about 8:30-9:00 so you'll get a good parking spot. Have breakfast at the Black Bear diner, they have yummy food.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

the word from thunderhill is no Lemons camping overnight on thursday....track opens bright and early friday morning

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

However Walmart is 7 miles down the road and there's usually a good crew of teams in the parking lot.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

mackwagon wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Friday morning?

Friday morning, and you should get there about 8:30-9:00 so you'll get a good parking spot. Have breakfast at the Black Bear diner, they have yummy food.

x2 on the food