Topic: Yee-Haw: Predictions?

If this event is par for the course (i.e. - mostly clean racing w/out too many mechanical problems) we should see an excellent battle. This time around, we've got the invading (dare I say, CarpetBagging?) Eyesore Racing Team, the only three time winners, and TWO two-time winners in Race-Hard, Race-Ugly and Sergio/RRRR.

There's also Troy and the LRE teams, the nudists, the Violent Running Gang civic (fastest lap @ ECR), Team Blue Goose, Team JB Weld, Team Operation, the Cajuncoonasses, etc, etc... (And Pat/TARP. I wouldn't want to leave you out. If you ever get that MR2 dialed in....)

So, who you got yer money on?

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Re: Yee-Haw: Predictions?

A little birdie tells me that the Eyesores aren't going to be there. Something about too long a haul and not enough available days off work.

I'm personally pulling for the Dauphine. It should fly around that course but who knows about reliability. Outside of the favorites/veterans like Sergio, and like the nudists in the Oil Cooler Special, Troy is going to be pushing hard to be the first team to take both an IOE and an Overall in the same chassis. Team Operation will be running their 4th Gulf Coast race this year in their 318 e30, they are fast drivers and mostly clean, so with a little luck they could win it.

As for us, the car seems ready to go but it has the disadvantage of (a) karma, being that it's an MR2 and (b) a team of not fast drivers. Well, we have one guy who's pretty skilled, but not the rest of us. If we could just crack the top 30 at a race this size I'd be thrilled. Hell, if we could just run the entire race (both days) without a major mechanical I'd be thrilled. This car will never take the nickles but we do have fun with it.

I'm working on some new and improved thematic elements for the car that should be entertaining to the crowd, too. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

My Jujubees are telling me there will be some major catastrophy at the start of sunday, and the overall will go to an upset. Maybe the Duphine...

Although the spirit world has told me the winning lottery numbers were 1 2 3 4 5 6, just so they could laugh at me when I actually bought the ticket.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I know what I'm aiming for.

Eh, we have two cars that *could* top ten, hopefully the bugs are worked out of the probe, and the miatastang. I put more faith in the miatastang, our drivers there are getting seasoned. IF they can keep their nose clean, it should be a good showing. Two of the probe drivers are newbs, so that is the flip of the coin there, as well as any other mechanical gremlins that find a way to show up. We are GUTTING the engine bay, as well as anything else we can do to make it light as it can be, so hopefully that helps.

I want to see a fresh winner, and Duphine take the 1501. I do tend to lean twards an underdog, though.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

We are certainly going to try and put up a good run for the Nickels.  Unless something changed I am unaware of, we are only fielding the yellow and white #35 car.

I'd certainly like to be the first Z in the winners circle but it will be a long hard weekend before that happens.  Sergio and the Race Ugly boys both have two victories.  The competition at ECR was great.

I am sure the Prancing Donkeys and Nudists will be all over everyone as usual.

Pat, if a SHO can win, certainly an MR2 can.

I look forward to seeing the Duphine on the track.

Maybe something will change and Jonny will be handing out justice with Phil.

Mostly, I look forward to a fun weekend at MSR with the rest of the nut jobs that show up.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

7 (edited by YesIFit 2010-08-05 05:10 AM)

Troy wrote:

Unless something changed I am unaware of, we are only fielding the yellow and white #35 car.

I thought the other LRE team, Inglorious Basterds, was associated with you guys .. and they're listed as being in. Guess not.

Troy wrote:

I am sure the Prancing Donkeys and Nudists will be all over everyone as usual.

Donkeys are out this go 'round.

Troy wrote:

Mostly, I look forward to a fun weekend at MSR with the rest of the nut jobs that show up.

+1

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:
Troy wrote:

Unless something changed I am unaware of, we are only fielding the yellow and white #35 car.

I thought the other LRE team, Inglorious Basterds, was associated with you guys .. and they're listed as being in. Guess not.

Inglorious Bastards is my friends car.  They were short drivers and had other things going on so Doug will be racing with us. 

I noticed the Prancing Donkeys weren't on the list last night.  Maybe they are still celebrating their Chump victory.

I predict hot weather!

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

We're going to win.

Either the race or at beer drinking. But we will win.

If we get all 3 cars and some drivers down to Houston and everyone gets track time we will win.

If we get a nickel or two that will be gravy

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

FWIW, we're hosting the clown car kegger in the paddock on Saturday night this time. Everybody seems too concerned about getting their cars ready on Friday night, but by Saturday night, everybody needs a cold beer. We'll get things going as soon as the track goes cold Sat night.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry-   

I plan on actually getting some sleep the week before this race so I will be there with cup in hand

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Updated prediction: my car will spend more time under the welder, than on the track.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs003.snc4/33524_139934802709021_135399186495916_185272_3944487_n.jpg

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Updated prediction: my car will spend more time under the welder, than on the track.

What was that in its former life?

Scud.Ig wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:

What was that in its former life?

96 Integra GSR

I don't see what you're talking about. Looks ready to race to me. smile

Mulry wrote:

I don't see what you're talking about. Looks ready to race to me. smile

Exactly, it will race to turn 1, then tow the other 12; reweld the front end.
Race to turn 2 (making progress) and tow the rest of the lap; reweld rear subframe.
Race to turn 1 and realize I forgot tho reconnect the fuel line; tow off again.

By then it should be ready for 1 of my 3 rookie drivers toget in & 2-off to slice the oil pan...

Lemons! I love this shit!

18 (edited by Mulry 2010-08-20 09:38 AM)

Nah, it won't be that bad.

You see, MSR-H has an access road/cutoff right after Turn 4/The Kink that will shortcut your tow back to the pits, so you won't have to be pulled around the entire track. smile

My prediction? Pain

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

My prediction? Pain

Will you be "bringing the pain", or should I pick some up for a different Judge?

Get some protection in front of the radiator.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

My prediction? Pain

Will you be "bringing the pain", or should I pick some up for a different Judge?

I won't be there.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

The winner is who has the most fun.   Got that covered. 

Team Sensory Assauly promises to keep everyone sleepless and awake all night!

We're throwing a trailer trash car show for our pink zebra...

I am bringing my M35A2 Deuce and a Half and going to park it all Crunk next to our $1500 Craigslist Portable Ghetto Motorhome!   I'm pushing for it to be the Pace Vehicle.

Guitar Hero Friday and Saturday night as loud as we can get it until we pass out!

I can't wait!

Scott

Team Sensory Assauly

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Can you bring it with the .50 cal mounted so that if we have a People's Curse you can go all fully-automatic on it?

More importantly, is the M35A2 painted pink and zebra too?

Nevermind rib cooker, that would be a whole cow cooker.