Re: Yee-Haw: Predictions?

I see theme change for the #35

Justice...with a smile.

Unfortunately we won't be making this.  Looking at school schedules its just not the smart thing to do.  Sigh.

Y'all have fun.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

mikespeed95 wrote:

Unfortunately we won't be making this.  Looking at school schedules its just not the smart thing to do.  Sigh.

Y'all have fun.

Come'on! The begining of the semeter is when you can afford to miss a few days.

Ok, if we can have a perfect race without a single breakdown and without a single black flag we can win it.  I think we've got a car that has the potential to win.  Have a crew of drivers with the experiance to do it. 

Problem for us has always been we have to drive the car 9/10ths the whole time to stay up front.  While its tremendously fun driving that hard its also tough on the equipment and hard not to get involved in some type of incident. 

So, we will see.  I know a lot of guys go out to Lemons for a lot of different reasons.  We race Lemons to take home 1st place and do it with the bare minimum of cheating.  When that becomes an impossibility we drink heavily and just have a great time.

Really looking forward to the race and should be a great weeked regardless who wins!!

Team Operation

sergio wrote:
mikespeed95 wrote:

Y'all have fun.

Come'on! The begining of the semeter is when you can afford to miss a few days.

Maybe, but also financially being able to afford Lemons + school is also a bit sketchy.

Derrick is sitting here reading my screen, and here is what he is saying:

"You can blame me for taking 17 hours of classes.  Excusing ourselves for school is a much more prestigious excuse.  No money is lame.  going to school is a good excuse.  Our excuse for missing ECR was no money, can't be this one too."

Haha.

We're some broke mofos.

"Stupid cat keeps chasing his tail.  Now he's chewing on his tail"

"Heh.  Teh."

:submit

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

Yeah, I guess you guys are right. You can't become a rich and famous race car driver in Lemons......

robertm wrote:

Ok, if we can have a perfect race without a single breakdown and without a single black flag we can win it.

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha ... that's a whole bunch of "ifs"

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:
robertm wrote:

Ok, if we can have a perfect race without a single breakdown and without a single black flag we can win it.

But they have been running pretty good. A 3rd in N.O., and what 5th at ECR?

robertm wrote:

Ok, if we can have a perfect race without a single breakdown and without a single black flag we can win it.  I think we've got a car that has the potential to win.  Have a crew of drivers with the experiance to do it. 

Problem for us has always been we have to drive the car 9/10ths the whole time to stay up front.  While its tremendously fun driving that hard its also tough on the equipment and hard not to get involved in some type of incident. 

So, we will see.  I know a lot of guys go out to Lemons for a lot of different reasons.  We race Lemons to take home 1st place and do it with the bare minimum of cheating.  When that becomes an impossibility we drink heavily and just have a great time.

Really looking forward to the race and should be a great weeked regardless who wins!!

Ya, what he said.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

35 (edited by Mulry 2010-08-22 10:39 AM)

YesIFit wrote:
robertm wrote:

Yeah, we're in the same boat. Except we need to add something like if about 40 cars ahead of us all suffer heatstroke/food poisoning/bad gas/extra nudity related super-sensitive sunburn/BHG's, and somehow our MR2 becomes transcendent, then yeah, we're in the hunt too. LOL.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:
YesIFit wrote:
robertm wrote:

Yeah, we're in the same boat. Except we need to add something like if about 40 cars ahead of us all suffer heatstroke/food poisoning/bad gas/extra nudity related super-sensitive sunburn/BHG's, and somehow our MR2 becomes transcendent, then yeah, we're in the hunt too. LOL.

It can happen, it's LeMon's racing..........

sergio wrote:

But they have been running pretty good. A 3rd in N.O., and what 5th at ECR?

Yeah, I know ... I just like giving Bob a hard time.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

if ... somehow our MR2 becomes transcendent, then yeah, we're in the hunt too. LOL.

Pat, your MR2 could be a contender. It handles great when it's aligned right and has plenty of power when you can get it to shift gears. You have the pit arrangement down pretty good. The rest is just details and a little wrenching.

YesIFit wrote:
robertm wrote:

Didn't your momma ever tell ya nothing worthwile in life comes easy?  Tell ya what, we'll be happy as long as we beat you guys.  But wait we're looking for a challenge not a given...oh snap!

Team Operation

My prediction is sweat. Buckets of sweat.
I hope for a dry race; TetanusNeon is entertaining in the rain but I would like to keep dry this time out.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

I see theme change for the #35

Justice...with a smile.

cpchampion wrote:

My prediction is sweat. Buckets of sweat.
I hope for a dry race; TetanusNeon is entertaining in the rain but I would like to keep dry this time out.

You guys missed Dallas. It was firecracker hot! Cooked tires, brakes and drivers.  That was our heat conditioning for this next race. Anything under 100 will be cake. But it's not looking like pleasant temperatures right now.

Well, at least we won't be out dove hunting. I swear that's even hotter than racing cars.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I expect a few really good laps, a few handmade parts failing, lots of welding, swearing and hammering and some more laps...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

TheHeckler wrote:

I expect a few really good laps, a few handmade parts failing, lots of welding, swearing and hammering and some more laps...

Yeah! +1

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

sergio wrote:

You guys missed Dallas. It was firecracker hot! Cooked tires, brakes and drivers.  That was our heat conditioning for this next race. Anything under 100 will be cake. But it's not looking like pleasant temperatures right now.

I'd heard it was rotisserie-oven hot in Dallas. We would have loved to be there but chose to go to France to watch people with actual budgets compete in some other little 24-hour race you might have heard of that kinda-almost-rhymes with Lemons. I spruced up the place and left a Lemons sticker on a grandstand.

Regardless, we'll be mixing up Gatorade by the barrel-full for September.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Another prediction: a (almost done-to-death) theme will finally be done proper.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Blues Brothers with a Dodge Monaco?

YesIFit wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Blues Brothers with a Dodge Monaco?

No. It's an E30, but the car it is modeld after is not going to be in Lemons (probably ever).

TheHeckler wrote:

Handmade parts failing?  Like, what, our clutch cable?   Nah...  Or our completely crappy totally amateur welds?  Nah...  Or our entire front subframe?  Nah...

What could go wrong?

I can't wait!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.