Re: Yee-Haw: Predictions?

Ill tenatively state we will get more laps in, we will be faster *though walking would be faster*, and I will use a lot of sunscreen!

-Lord Humungus

I know it's early ... but:

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/rcarmichael77/Lemons/Weather2.jpg

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

53 (edited by doctawife 2010-08-30 07:38 AM)

YesIFit wrote:

I know it's early ... but:

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp22 … ather2.jpg

Wow.  That's actually cooler than I expected.  Yee-Haw!  Although, you know that any 'weather forecasts' this far out are essentially 10 year historical averages, right?  So I should really be critiquing our ability to remember how hot September in Houston actually gets... not moaning about how hot it will be.

Just sayin'

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Do not effing jinx us. (but boy would that be great or what?)

How sick is it when the temps get down to the middle-90's and you notice that it's just not that hot out anymore. Insane.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

We're prepared to run cool suits regardless. From the drivers I saw at ECR, the difference is night and day. People without them looked they were going to die. People with them looked like they had been driving to work in traffic.

Zachreligious wrote:

We're prepared to run cool suits regardless. From the drivers I saw at ECR, the difference is night and day. People without them looked they were going to die. People with them looked like they had been driving to work in traffic.

Yes! the difference is night and day. Having a cool suit is like having a Cadillac Escalade with cooling leather seats, as long as you don't get out of the car you won't get hurt.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Well...our test day didn't go as planned, but I guess it served the purpose of shaking down the car.  Our "new" Audi 90 lemon didn't run so great.  Being that the car was on fire before we got it, and we don't know what worked (or not) prior to the fire...it's a real scramble to get it running correctly.  At best we were able to run 20 laps in three 7-lap sessions.  Each time the car would eventually die and was very difficult to start.  After the last run, the car was leaking oil also.  :-(

So it's time to turn the LeMon's ballcaps backwards and get down to work.  In addition to troubleshooting the engine, we've got to finish the door bars, install radios, coolshirt systems, reinstall the body panels, theme, etc.....

Hope everyone else's cars are almost done.  Look forward to racing with you soon.

-Ryan

Team Unintended Acceleration
2008 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons
2009 Gator-O-Rama Texas Lemons
2009 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

Yes! the difference is night and day. Having a cool suit is like having a Cadillac Escalade with cooling leather seats, as long as you don't get out of the car you won't get hurt.

Are you bringing a cooling leather seat for the car? Bring that and tell Judy to leave the frying pan at home instead. smile

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Yeh_haw will be our first Lemons -- just got the 3&5 running.
She's a 924S

Lots to do -- not much time -- but that's probably par for the course.

Should be a blast......

Flat Out Racing

We have a new penalty just for Houston, no need to thank us.  Don't forget your bribe as it just might save you but I doubt it.

Predictions, Troy and Sajeev will finally kiss.

Justice...with a smile.

new prediction:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs434.snc4/47725_143992258969942_135399186495916_201800_6923836_n.jpg

I just might be ready by friday evening

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

H.K. Phooey wrote:

We have a new penalty just for Houston, no need to thank us.  Don't forget your bribe as it just might save you but I doubt it.

Predictions, Troy and Sajeev will finally kiss.

You are a sick man.

If Anna is a Judge and that's a penalty, there might be a line.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

63 (edited by Mulry 2010-09-02 06:36 AM)

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

If you need any help, swing by our paddock space (under the covered awnings) and grab us, we'll be glad to help out however we can. Just look for the freaking clown car, you won't be able to miss it. smile

FWIW (which isn't much), the 10-day forecast for Angleton right now shows scattered thunderstorms for all weekend next weekend and highs in the upper 80's. This may become the Yee-Haw-It's-Monsoon-Season 500 before we know it. Don't forget your wipers or child with towel taped to the hood...

Mulry wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:

If you need any help, swing by our paddock space (under the covered awnings) and grab us, we'll be glad to help out however we can. Just look for the freaking clown car, you won't be able to miss it. smile

FWIW (which isn't much), the 10-day forecast for Angleton right now shows scattered thunderstorms for all weekend next weekend and highs in the upper 80's. This may become the Yee-Haw-It's-Monsoon-Season 500 before we know it. Don't forget your wipers or child with towel taped to the hood...

I know you car. I went through tech at ECR right behind you in the Miatastang w/ DJ.

I'm gonna need everyone's help. This car was severely totaled in an accident. I didn't fix ANYTHING! I did patch it enough to make it move under it's own power, but I just discovered, the clutch resvoir is gone and somehow the clutch is still working (not for long).

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Mulry wrote:

Sept. is the peak of hurricane season, so it might rain alot and the wind could be a factor too. Better bring plenty of rope to tie everything down in the paddock. Or it could be sunny and 92. I guess we will find out shortly.