Topic: 2011 Lemons schedule?

has there been a 2011 schedule published yet?  I'm betting it is and I'm just too dense to find it.

Re: 2011 Lemons schedule?

Nope, it's not out yet. Last year it was out sometime in Sept or Oct I think.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I've been looking too.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for it. Plan to get in on this sometime next year.

I really hope there's a race near St Louis for 2011, I've been wanting a local Lemons race since 2007.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

Here's to hoping!

My crew will be applying for the Buttonwillow race this year, but we'll race anything in Vegas or close to it.

If there were a race in Vegas next year, we'd have to consider building a second car and creating a handful of arrive-and-drive slots.  It would be a great excuse for us to get another rust bucket in the garage, and a great excuse for LeMoneers to fly out to Vegas for a weekend.  big_smile

Is it bad to hope that Nelson's gets back on the schedule?  Usedcar fumbled on the spring race, and I don't think that fall entries are flying in the door.  It would be a lot of fun to go back there with 125 cars again.  Hopefully, Jay and the managment at Nelson's can come together.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I'm praying for NJMP

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

davisriley wrote:

Is it bad to hope that Nelson's gets back on the schedule?  Usedcar fumbled on the spring race, and I don't think that fall entries are flying in the door.  It would be a lot of fun to go back there with 125 cars again.  Hopefully, Jay and the managment at Nelson's can come together.

I'd love to see NL back on the schedule, but I'm not holding my breath. Rumors around this forum were that NL mgmt definitely wanted Lemons back, which (if true) means that it's more like Jay didn't want to come back for his own reasons. I suspect that the speeds that we saw on the backside of that course combined with the limited runoff scared the crap out of Jay, and then the minor bridge incident may have played into it too.

But I really miss that we don't have more true 24's on the schedule.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

+1  Well said Pat.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I'm not looking too forward to Nelson Ledges returning, my team had a bad experience there last year and that paddock area was horrible. If they fill in the 8 million potholes then maybe I'd change my mind.

Well, the paddock DID take on about 4" of rainwater over the weekend.  The potholes simply add charm.  tongue

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

+1  Well said Pat.

+24.  I wold be more than thrilled if more true 24 hour events were run in the midwest.  I really liked Nelsons, but would be fine somewhenre else.  Nelson's has a ton ef experience with night races, and a lot of tracks don't, which is one reason I would like to go back.  And I did really like the track.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Well, the paddock DID take on about 4" of rainwater over the weekend.  The potholes simply add charm.  tongue

Charm? There's nothing charming about driving 600 miles back home with a broken strut mount, those potholes also caused me to lose a lug nut cover on my fancy chrome rims.

As many races at Sears as possible, please.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

24 Hours at Summit Point! Fresh fender-tenderized venison BBQ at 2AM.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

trekkor wrote:

KT

yes please.  and the fact that the flaggers got into it on their own was so awesome.  i even got a lump of coal from Santa for spinning out at the hairpin.  How awesome is that?!!?

trekkor wrote:

KT

Lemons has a deal with the Sears auto center now?  Great!

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

Hallet. Please!

I know it would never happen but Road America would be amazing, the sight of the crapcans coming down the long straight to the braking area to turn 5 would be very entertaining, and the fact when a car blows up its a 4 mile trek back to the pits. 

Oh one can dream

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

EriktheAwful wrote:

Hallet. Please!

Don't hold your breath on this one, either. Jay's said in the past that the main problem with Hallet is the lack of infield access while the track is hot. Unless/until they build either a bridge over the track or a tunnel under it, I don't think we'll see a Lemons there.

How about Road Atlanta or Barber Motorsports Park? I hear nothing but great things about Barber...

22 (edited by sergio 2010-08-06 03:20 AM)

Mulry wrote:
EriktheAwful wrote:

Hallet. Please!

Don't hold your breath on this one, either. Jay's said in the past that the main problem with Hallet is the lack of infield access while the track is hot. Unless/until they build either a bridge over the track or a tunnel under it, I don't think we'll see a Lemons there.

How about Road Atlanta or Barber Motorsports Park? I hear nothing but great things about Barber...

I would think the track rental at either of those 2 would be sky high. But then if Chumpcar can race at VIR, maybe it's possible.

Chumpcar is also at Hallet the same weekend I'm driving 7 hours to Omaha.

Yeah, I know the infield isn't accessible. I was just hoping.

Well, Lemons certainly teaches us that sometimes, hoping is all we can do.

And drink. Those two often go hand in hand. smile

RogueLeader wrote:

I'm praying for NJMP

+1 bazillion.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11