Re: 2011 Lemons schedule?

I just want/dream of a 24 hour race in the midwest....Nelson?  Summit Point?  Anywhere?  Well, not anywhere.  I don't ever want to run FlatRock speedway, or any other crappy places like that.

There will be one or two crapcan races at Nelson in 2011.  But not sanctioned by Lemons or Chump.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

There will be one or two crapcan races at Nelson in 2011.  But not sanctioned by Lemons or Chump.

Sure about that?  I have heard some rumors of a ChumpCar event there.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

davisriley wrote:
FJ40Jim wrote:

I heard the same thing.  We'll know for sure in a week when the ChumpCar schedule is released.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

rallyfreak wrote:

I just want/dream of a 24 hour race in the midwest....Nelson?  Summit Point?  Anywhere?  Well, not anywhere.  I don't ever want to run FlatRock speedway, or any other crappy places like that.

I'd do unspeakable things for a 24 hour at Summit Point. We'd probably need to require lexan windshields, though, since the deer-to-car ratio would be decidedly in favor of the deer.

On the plus side, it wouldn't be necessary to bring in meat, since we'd be producing more than enough to feed the entire paddock all night.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

...since the deer-to-car ratio would be decidedly in favor of the deer.

2 deer 1 car?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

davisriley wrote:
FJ40Jim wrote:

Definitely NOT sure about that.  Just basing it on John's statements a year ago when people suggested NL.  He said (paraphrasing) "NL f-ed up by not bringing Lemons back and trying to have their own Lemons race.  They can eat dirt for all we care."

Chump, Lemons, UCR, whoever.... I will be there if it is a 24hr crapcan race.

Jim C.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

EyeMWing wrote:

I'd do unspeakable things for a 24 hour at Summit Point. We'd probably need to require lexan windshields, though, since the deer-to-car ratio would be decidedly in favor of the deer.

Summit is one of those tracks that cannot do a 24hr because of the "sunday morning quiet time" zoning restriction.

Jim C.

FJ40Jim wrote:
davisriley wrote:
FJ40Jim wrote:

Definitely NOT sure about that.  Just basing it on John's statements a year ago when people suggested NL.  He said (paraphrasing) "NL f-ed up by not bringing Lemons back and trying to have their own Lemons race.  They can eat dirt for all we care."

Chump, Lemons, UCR, whoever.... I will be there if it is a 24hr crapcan race.

All of the We'll Bring Beer! Motorsports teams will be there this year, regardless of who runs it.  I love that track, noxious toilets, potholes, mud and all!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

FJ40Jim wrote:
EyeMWing wrote:

Summit is one of those tracks that cannot do a 24hr because of the "sunday morning quiet time" zoning restriction.

So we go green at 9:00AM on Saturday and are packing up to leave at the 11AM quiet hour on Sunday.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Any news on the tracks that weren't yet confirmed on the initial 2011 schedule?

Rumors were that updates would be posted sometime this week....

Cheers, Keith

Still hoping they'll get a race signed for ORP!  Something else in the midwest anyway... I'm not used to building a car for 3 races.  What say ye o wise ones?

Don't worry about things you have no control over!

Captain Morgan's Rumrunners
Central Indiana

ChumpCar just put their schedule out: 37 races, including a 25-hour race at Nelson Ledges.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& … =h&z=5

Yellow = 24 hour
Pink = 2x7
Green = 1-day endurance (12-14 hours)

Key point: 24 hour races at VIR, Nelson, Streets of Willow, and Pikes Peak

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Cool map!  Can someone with interweb skillz make a similar map for the Lemons schedule?
Or add the Lemons to the CC map, w/ different colors?

Jim C.

bongle wrote:

ChumpCar just put their schedule out: 37 races, including a 25-hour race at Nelson Ledges.

Yellow = 24 hour
Pink = 2x7

all i see is a generic blank map of the US.

37 races?  oy.

"we lose money on each one, but make it up in volume!"

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

bongle wrote:

Yellow = 24 hour
Pink = 2x7

One other key point is the pure night race at Reno-Fernley.  It runs from 7pm - 9am.  I think that's a brilliant idea.  Night racing rocks.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Their race this weekend in Portland was sold out (~78 cars - they have an upper bound on the number of cars they allow per mile of track written into their rules), and their next one in San Marcos is sold out too.  The first year of 10-15 car fields was probably growing pains associated with starting up a new series.  IMHO though, I really liked the 2 chump races I did with the smaller fields, and I hope they stick with the 37.5 cars/mile rule.

For comparison, The Lamest Day was about 60-70 cars/mile at the start.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

bongle wrote:

I hope they stick with the 37.5 cars/mile rule.

I hope we don't get to be that 1/2 of a car!

bongle wrote:

Bah, at the last CMP race it was like 103 cars/mile at the start and it was a blast.

I can't wait to run VIR North with Chump next year.  Hopefully John won't stick some ridiculous chicane on the front straight and eff it all up.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

bongle wrote:

Their race this weekend in Portland was sold out (~78 cars - they have an upper bound on the number of cars they allow per mile of track written into their rules), and their next one in San Marcos is sold out too.  The first year of 10-15 car fields was probably growing pains associated with starting up a new series.  IMHO though, I really liked the 2 chump races I did with the smaller fields, and I hope they stick with the 37.5 cars/mile rule.

glad to hear their fields are getting bigger.  more crapcan racing opportunities = better.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

FJ40Jim wrote:

Cool map!  Can someone with interweb skillz make a similar map for the Lemons schedule?
Or add the Lemons to the CC map, w/ different colors?

here you are
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&am … c2a9d8123c

Thanks Comrade! smile

Jim C.

172 (edited by BQuicksilver 2010-11-28 10:06 PM)

Jeff G 78 wrote:
bongle wrote:

Yellow = 24 hour
Pink = 2x7

One other key point is the pure night race at Reno-Fernley.  It runs from 7pm - 9am.  I think that's a brilliant idea.  Night racing rocks.

Chump Car 2011 is going to rock with all these new venues/ideas.

Anyone have more info on that mexican street race?  That is going to take some large attachments for sure.