Topic: Get ready for the Arse Sweat, cheaters!

So Judge Jonny has moved on to some sort of magazine job, so we've brought in Judge Armand to help keep the Lemons Supreme Court mean! Basically, I've told him that he isn't doing his job if a non-IOE contender gets through the BS inspection with less than 10 laps. Driving a Fiat? Breathe easy! A full-sized Detroit luxo-barge? No sweat! A car built before 1970! You'll cruise right through!

The rest of you? All I can say is: get your lies straight!

Re: Get ready for the Arse Sweat, cheaters!

Um, crap, where can I find a '69 Fiat Luxo-barge...   How about a Montreal...  sort of luxo-bargeish, sort of Fiatish, sorta 70ish...   should fly through BS,  gotta find one for <$500

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs255.snc4/40100_431541269328_671564328_4460115_8175892_n.jpg

For Jonny

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Judge Phil wrote:

So Judge Jonny has moved on to some sort of magazine job, so we've brought in Judge Armand to help keep the Lemons Supreme Court mean! Basically, I've told him that he isn't doing his job if a non-IOE contender gets through the BS inspection with less than 10 laps. Driving a Fiat? Breathe easy! A full-sized Detroit luxo-barge? No sweat! A car built before 1970! You'll cruise right through!

The rest of you? All I can say is: get your lies straight!

Hmm.....pre 1970 is a PASS......me likey

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Sorry, I'm new to the lingo - what does IOE mean?

Kyle
Team ExperiMENTALS

2010 23.4 Horas de Cuba del Norte

IOE = Index Of Effluency, the top Lemons award. The IOE goes to the car that least belongs on a race track, yet overachieves beyond all expectation. Here are some past winners. Here's a look at the 2009 season IOE winners.

Is it possible to take the IOE and overall win with the same car in the same race?

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th

trekkor wrote:

Is it possible to take the IOE and overall win with the same car in the same race?

KT

Someone once suggested that in order for that to happen it would need to be British and Turbocharged...

...I'm working on it.

trekkor wrote:

KT

In theory, yes. In practice, probably not; the kind of drivers you need to take an overall win tend to be the drivers who shun IOE-type cars.

Jay told me the Charade was too new for IOE now sad Its a Charade with a truck engine!

I neglected to mention we rose 61 places since last race (94th to 33), and our fastest lap time decreased from 2:39 to 2:21.8.

Team Dai Hard Home Page

1989 Daihatsu Charade

11 (edited by Armand4 2010-08-16 09:24 PM)

Judge Phil wrote:

In theory, yes. In practice, probably not; the kind of drivers you need to take an overall win tend to be the drivers who shun IOE-type cars.

By "the drivers who shun IOE-type cars," Judge Phil means "cowards."

British and turbocharged?  Hah.  I want to see a Renault Dauphine with the 180-horsepower N9T engine from a Fuego Turbo!

Armand4 wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

By "the drivers who shun IOE-type cars," Judge Phil means "cowards."

British and turbocharged?  Hah.  I want to see a Renault Dauphine with the 180-horsepower N9T engine from a Fuego Turbo!

I just want to see a sunbeam alpine....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

How about a Dodge Dart/Plymouth Valiant?
I've had several and would love to run a slant SIX.

I'd enter one of those.

KT

14 (edited by jimeditorial 2010-08-17 07:29 AM)

trekkor wrote:

How about a Dodge Dart/Plymouth Valiant?
I've had several and would love to run a slant SIX.

I'd enter one of those.

KT

I raced a Slant Six in a '74 Valiant at a 1/3 mile oval in an Enduro once...I was running flat out, getting passed by everything but the pace car when the crew frantically waved me into the pits (no radios). I figured I had a leak or was smoking, maybe dragging something. Crew chief shouted "What's wrong?" I said "Nothing, it's running fine". He just shook his head and walked away....Next race we showed up with a 318. The Leaning Tower of Power will get you to the finish line, but pack a lunch...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

15 (edited by Bender/StickFigureRacing 2010-08-17 08:43 AM)

Grew up with a dad that swore that the Slant 6 was the best engine ever made.
To prove his point he threw a rod going up a hill and kept driving 6 more miles to the house.
Damn thing made it, with the coolest cloud of smoke coming out of the back. Dad sure
knew how to entertain us.

I for one would love to see an old 4 door Dodge Dart or Valiant with the Slant six. I would even pay to ride in it, at the track.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

We've heard a lot of speculation about Slant Sixes in Lemons, but nobody has ever entered one. Put a Slant Six in an E30 and you'll be an instant Lemons Legend!

And a rolling chicane...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

I had a slant 6 in an old dodge tradesman 100.  It ran great.  The rest of the van was dead around it, though.  Rusted to all hell.  Drove it once and then scrapped it.  It was one of those vans that didn't have any windows in the side.

Why do I bring this up, you ask?  Because I discovered years later that the man I bought it from, for seventy-five united states dollars turned out to be this man:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

So yeah.  That's what I associate with the slant six.

Judge Phil wrote:

So if we dump the 924 turbo for a 68 MGB-GT, we'll cruise?

OldFart wrote:

Things will go much easier on you with a MGB-GT, yes. Put the 924 Turbo engine in an MGB and you'll get waved right through!

blizzard wrote:

I had a slant 6 in an old dodge tradesman 100.  It ran great.  The rest of the van was dead around it, though.

If I ever find an old A100 van, I'm prepping it for Lemons.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

OldFart wrote:

Things will go much easier on you with a MGB-GT, yes. Put the 924 Turbo engine in an MGB and you'll get waved right through!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The turbo engine is the root of all our problems to begin with.  What about an 1962 buick engine?

OldFart wrote:

The turbo engine is the root of all our problems to begin with.  What about an 1962 buick engine?

You mean a Buick/Rover 215, like the MGB-GT V8? Sure, we'd like that. Just don't get too cheaty on the suspension and you'll breeze right through BS.

We're bringing an aircooled bug, next year.
~going for either IOE or 1st OA, not certain which (bwahahaha)

We've one more shot in the Red Mini to get us out of DFL,
~with a genuinely cool theme and plenty of 'color' - and perhaps some creative BS to go with the 'color'... not telling 'til we arrive, hah. (spank's heard, tho')

Hey, just a thought, if we put so many bribes on the hood it's *really* inconvenient to open it, will it still get opened at BS inspection?

crazymike wrote:

Hey, just a thought, if we put so many bribes on the hood it's *really* inconvenient to open it, will it still get opened at BS inspection?

Yes.  However, it'll take longer for us to see the engine, so you'll have more time to tell us your carefully-rehearsed story of where you got all those fancy-lookin' parts.

A 924 Turbo-engined MGBGT is a fantastic idea.  Not as fantastic as my N9T-Dauphine idea, but pretty damn cool.  It'll be as easy to work on as a Porsche, but with all the technical sophistication of an MG.  What could possibly go wrong?

As for the Alpine, I considered finding a LeMons-grade one before Jay made me a judge so that I'd be safely away from the track.  Unfortunately, I don't have any room.  Or money.  Or talent.  But I hope that someone brings a rusted-out Alpine to Lemons someday... wouldn't it be great if a car was able to win the Index of Efficiency at Le Mans AND the Index of Effluency at Lemons?