Topic: 2011 New Racetrack Wish List

What track would you most like to see added to the 2011 schedule?

I'll Start...

Nashville Super Speedway - Nashville TN
Yes, I know Chumpcar crashed and burned there, but Hey, It was CHUMP CAR!
Central to the US
Easy to get to - just off I-40
Tons of other stuff to do.

'ported, relieved, with bored-out arm rests, and oversize seat covers.

Re: 2011 New Racetrack Wish List

Nelson Ledges.  Enough said.
Road America-Come on, how much fun would that be?
Lime Rock-Be a lot of fun to harrass the locals

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

We need a Giro d'Jersey or a 24 Ore di Guido at NJMP.

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

Lime Rock (though that will NEVER happen... no racing on sunday sad  )
NJMP

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Covered in another thread, but TWS - sometime in the late fall, when it's nice and cool.

+1 for Texas World Speedway.  As long as you don't pick a weekend when A&M has a home game I think it would be awesome.  Centrally located for all the Dallas and Houston folks and plenty of cheap accommodations right down the road.

Uphill esses...
Oak Tree...
Hogpen...

I think that full-course may be too fast for Lemons but I would love to see you guys put on an event at VIR.

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

mikedeck wrote:

+1 for Texas World Speedway.  As long as you don't pick a weekend when A&M has a home game I think it would be awesome.  Centrally located for all the Dallas and Houston folks and plenty of cheap accommodations right down the road.

+++ TWS 2.9 mile course is a total blast to drive. Winter, Spring or Fall would be fine. Lots of covered garages and plenty of RV parking.

Somewhere, anywhere, in the Pacific Northwest.  Pacific Raceways (formerly SIR) and PIR come to mind.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

sergio wrote:

+++ TWS 2.9 mile course is a total blast to drive.

I agree ... but that wall might scare them away.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

11 (edited by Anarchyjet 2010-08-06 08:36 AM)

+1 for Road America and/or Black Hawk Farms

If it doesn't have 2 doors, 3 pedals, and 5 lug nuts per wheel - It isn't a real race car

+1 for NJMP. The Lightning circuit has lots of run-off room for speed-squeemish organizers and it's near the home of the Shrek Glass re-call!

Yeah baby!
#47 Impreza:  2009 Lamest Day; 3rd / 2010 Capital Offense; 4th (with a blown head gasket) / 2010 New England something or another; 60 somethingth, f'n wheel bearing / 2010 Lemons Fall South 77th out a 101 - all 10 feet shot off! Then there was Miami...

YesIFit wrote:
sergio wrote:

+++ TWS 2.9 mile course is a total blast to drive.

I agree ... but that wall might scare them away.

Which wall? At the next of turn 15 onto the front straight?

JMo wrote:

Uphill esses...
Oak Tree...
Hogpen...

I think that full-course may be too fast for Lemons but I would love to see you guys put on an event at VIR.

The south course (includes Oak Tree turn) would be perfect for a Lemons race. And only a 30 min drive for me too boot! smile

Its an expensive track to rent though.

sergio wrote:
mikedeck wrote:

+++ TWS 2.9 mile course is a total blast to drive. Winter, Spring or Fall would be fine. Lots of covered garages and plenty of RV parking.

I'd just like to not be racing at ECR in mid-summer again. Any other time of the year would be great.

My wish list would include:
Laguna Seca (yeah, right)
Road Atlanta
Barber
The Indy 500 road course (this is a wish list after all -- gotta dream big!)
and a true 24 somewhere.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Nanker Phelge wrote:

+1 for NJMP.

NJMP:  yes, have some.

plus the proximity to Philly makes relevant all kinds of sweet themes.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Mulry wrote:

I'd just like to not be racing at ECR in mid-summer again. Any other time of the year would be great.

Yeah ECR was pretty brutal this year.  I'm sure MSR would have been just as bad if it were held on the same weekend though.

It's probably not practical, but if they didn't hold any Gulf region races from June through August, I wouldn't complain.

Anarchyjet wrote:

+1 for Road America and/or Black Hawk Farms

+1 for BHF. Would be perfect for this series.
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/IL/images/bhf/bhf.gif

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

+1 for Road America.  Of all the tracks I went to when I was crewing star mazdas, RA was overall the best.  Great track, decent track food, friendly local town (especially Siebkins bar!)

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

A return to nelson would be fantastic, especially for a true 24.  The amenities aren't the greatest, but the crew is top notch, having a true 24 is awesome, the track is fun, you'd have to be dumb enough to drive a Cadillac if you wanted to hit the bridge, and its only 3 hours from home for us ;-)

rushman wrote:

you'd have to be dumb enough to drive a Cadillac if you wanted to hit the bridge,;-)

Hey, that stings!

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

BHF would be a lot of fun as it is a great track but like Hallet Motor Racing Circuit, the paddock is inside the course making it difficult for parts runs.  However, considering how close the track is to Wisconsin (stone's throw) a team with catastrophic failure can drown their sorrows in a few cases of New Glarus beer. 
Speaking of Wisconsin, a championship race at Road America in the fall would be awesome.  Invite the top 25 finishers from all of the previous Lemons races that year and put 300 cars on that track!  In a word....Legendary.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

+1 for road america, even with 100+ cars it would look empty, and the braking zone to turn 5 would be epic. 

Blackhawk farms would be nice seeing its like 20 minutes from my house, and the layout is suited pretty good for the cars, but i would say pits being on the inside would make it difficult.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

IMHO, BHF is like a go-kart track me. I did a track day there and it didn't do nothing for me, sorry.

Road America, hell #ucking yeah!

Maybe IndyCar can be our support race at Elkhart Lake smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.