Re: 2011 New Racetrack Wish List

Some border town in Mexico... like, the actual town... Shitty cars on shitty streets.
Do you think Jay will go for it??

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Mulry wrote:

My wish list would include:
Laguna Seca (yeah, right)

+1 on the wish

+10 on the "yeah, right"

If we're pipe dreaming, how about Mosport Park? Watching Lemons negotiate Turn 2 would be worth the price of admission...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

ANYTHING east of Nelson and north of Summit. Stafford just doesn't cut it as the only race in the north.  NHMS would be ideal. Oh and +1 on the return of Nelson.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

As much as I would love to have Road America on the list.....I can't, too dangerous!

So...I'll also vote for Black Hawk.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

VIR

NJMP

Liberty Bell Motorsports Park  (20 min from my house)  Under construction

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

NHMS. First rate facility, garages with air, power, and water, A/C bathrooms with showers, food (not great, but edible), plenty of paddock space, great flaggers, great tow / EMS staff, plenty of motel rooms with 15-20 minutes of the track, ample gas right outside the gate. It would pull from all of New England, NY, NJ, and eastern Canada.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

And then there is always the glen......

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Beaver Run.
Just cause it's close to me.

and I like to say the name.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

+1 for Road America.  Of all the tracks I went to when I was crewing star mazdas, RA was overall the best.  Great track, beautiful countryside, AWESOME track food, friendly local town, (especially Siebkins bar!), great beer.

To quote someother guy here "fixed that for you"

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

mackwagon wrote:

+1 for Road America.  Of all the tracks I went to when I was crewing star mazdas, RA was overall the best.  Great track, beautiful countryside, AWESOME track food, friendly local town, (especially Siebkins bar!), great beer.

To quote someother guy here "fixed that for you"

+1 on the track food.  Best brat's ever.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Road America would be great, but I doubt it could ever happen - just too fast and that kink is dangerous BUT there is a motorcyle chicane that could be used to take the teeth (danger) outta the kink, but still just too much a power track, Lemons cars would be flat out so much around there that there would be blown up cars all over the place. 

+1 NJMP - the NE needs a good venue
+1 VIR - great track, safe, long but not dangerous
+1 Road Atlanta - it has some different confiurations too, one still has the famous esses but not the long straight
+1 Barber Motorsports Complex in Alabama, haven't been there, but like what I see on TV
+1 Portland  - safe and just the right length for a Lemons race
+1 Mid-Ohio - has it all and I bet the turn out would be great

ifb_mole wrote:

Lemons cars would be flat out so much around there that there would be blown up cars all over the place.

So? It's an endurance race - if you can't figure out how to drive to preserve your car, your car won't finish the race. I know it sounds INSANE to some people not to take the fastest possible line and be as far on the throttle or as far on the brakes as possible, and if your car and the track allows for that to happen, good for you.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

You're right but with such long straights it can get quite boring since you need to conserve your crap bucket to make the finish, RA is an awesome track but for Lemons? Naw.....

T E X A S   W O R L D   S P E E D W A Y ! ! ! ! !

Covered garages.

HUUGE infield.

TUNNEL ACCESS!!! How cool is that?!?!

Dale Earnhardt, Cale Yarborough, AJ Foyt, and Dale Earnhardt drove here.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

Heartland Park Topeka, Kansas.  45 minutes from Kansas City.  Not much more centrally located than that.  AND, its the closest road course track to me (until the Kansas Speedway builds their road course, then 10 minutes from me), which, of course, the most important part!  :-)

VIR for sure.  There is a reason is costs more to rent.  That is because it's the nicest motorsports facility (not just a race track) on the East coast.

Schedule an event at VIR (any configuration, but I prefer North Course) and they WILL come.

It also doesn't hurt that it's 2 hours from my house and I have over 5,000 miles of experience there.  smile

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

MPH in Hastings is another central track.  Still rather new too.

ifb_mole wrote:

+1 Mid-Ohio - has it all and I bet the turn out would be great

I didn't evn think of mentioning MO, 'cause I hear it is a real track, that costs real money to rent for an entire weekend.

But it would be f-ing cool!

Jim C.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

What about Fontana if we could run the infield course with part of the oval?

Uberbird!

ChumpCar had a great event at VIR this year and will be back there again in 2011.     

Even in this fantasy land thread about tracks, Barber Motorsport Park won't be a good idea.  Yes, it's an absolutely beautiful facility, but Mr. Barber will send team owners an invoice to repaint any walls that were hit or scratched up as well as replacing any sod that may have been torn up.

We are the people your parents warned you about.

On totally unrealistic side, I would still love an actual street course.  Never going to happen, well unless Jay buys Detroit.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

That would cost like... $15,762USD?

Very do-able on the Lemons event budget.

Jim C.

$15,762?  you are so overpaying for Detroit.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I'm pretty sure that I saw the Belle Isle course on sale at Big Lots last week...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.