Topic: New Lemoners and Licenses Question

We have done about 75% of the hard work....gathered a team, demolished a car and with lots of help (thanks John from Hoonactics) we are preparing it for MSR Houston....our team all have safety gear but two of us have Full UK drivers licenses but not a Texas one yet......is that going to be okay on the day???

Thanks

Mark

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

Re: New Lemoners and Licenses Question

Send an email to Nick or Jay to verify. 

2.2: Driver Eligibility: All drivers must have a valid US or International driver's license and a valid competition license or Lemons Competition Membership card. Lemons Competition Membership cards are good for one year from the race for which they were purchased and are made available to all drivers after their team is accepted. No other competition licenses are recognized or reciprocated.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Thanks Troy, I'll follow up with the guys you suggested.

Markdas wrote:

We have done about 75% of the hard work....gathered a team, demolished a car and with lots of help (thanks John from Hoonactics) we are preparing it for MSR Houston....our team all have safety gear but two of us have Full UK drivers licenses but not a Texas one yet......is that going to be okay on the day???

Thanks

Mark

Markdas, when I travel to the UK, I get a temporary international driver's license...not expensive, but you may need a passport photo. Check with the Men in Black but I think this would work well in the US. FWIW, My Canadian Ontario provincial license was accepted, but I think there's an agreement of sorts between Canada and the US, i.e. my insurance covers US driving...maybe the UK has something similar?

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Okay thanks.  I think we will be okay with these UK/Euro licences.  We have had car insurance etc over here for a year using the UK licence and its accepted by the authorities elsewhere....but don't want to risk any chance of not joining in the fun!!!

Mark

An international drivers license is easy to get.  Specifics vary on the Country of origin, but in NZ I didn't need a passport photo. They verified the details against my NZ license and issued it.  In the US they preferred my NZ license over an International when I was hiring vehicles etc.

Nick wrote:

Yeah, a valid UK license is fine, although you are required to drive a right-hand drive car, preferably a Wolseley. OK, only the first part is true

Jay confirms

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

YEAH BABY!!!!

Okay......off to find a Wolsey at the local scrapper!!!

Thanks guys for your help!!!

Hmm... and here we were, driving all over Scotland, ready to show our Lemons licenses... but never got the chance. Guess we'll have to go back...those lefthand roundabouts are "interesting"!!

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/

those are the correct roundabouts!  Actually, when I visit the UK I always have to double check which was round Im supposed to drive!!!  And stop myself turning right on a red light!  You guys have contributed stuff to western civilisation!