Topic: Anyone doing the 9/11 race at Beaver Run PA?

My team is thinking about doing this race. It's been talked about a little bit on the forum, anyone doing it?

http://www.festivalofspeedatbeaverun.com/

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

Re: Anyone doing the 9/11 race at Beaver Run PA?

JMo wrote:

My team is thinking about doing this race. It's been talked about a little bit on the forum, anyone doing it?

http://www.festivalofspeedatbeaverun.com/

if the plan goes through...

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

We are discussing bringing the rusty ass cougar.

Anti EPA Racing's Rusty Ass Cougar - Formerly Tiger's Wood PGA (Probably Gettin Ass) Racing - Harrisburg PA

We considered it.  But we decided not to since we are doing the 384 hours of hell...aka gingerman and joilet.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

A bit too far for us, I'm afraid.  We briefly considered it...

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

we are considering it as well, I think like a lot of teams its going to depend on what the turnout looks like, don't want to drag ass down there (really only 3 hours for us) for a handfull of competition.

rushman wrote:

we are considering it as well, I think like a lot of teams its going to depend on what the turnout looks like, don't want to drag ass down there (really only 3 hours for us) for a handfull of competition.

yeah same deal here. Has anyone contacted the organizers? has anyone seen a roster?

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

JMo wrote:
rushman wrote:

yeah same deal here. Has anyone contacted the organizers? has anyone seen a roster?

I called them this morning.  Some lady dumped me into someones voice mail.  They have not called me back yet......

Anti EPA Racing's Rusty Ass Cougar - Formerly Tiger's Wood PGA (Probably Gettin Ass) Racing - Harrisburg PA

I got the goods on this.  I am helping to "facilitate" this race since I am a Crappy car race regular and this is my home track.

The turnout will probably be around 20 to 30 cars. 

The fee is $375 for the whole team (this includes everything for 4 drivers!)  There is practice and tech on Friday (not too early like maybe noon).  After the race there is drag racing on teh front stretch if you are interested.

Also, there is Gymkhana and autox during the race (if crew members want to participate).  There is also rockcart (fast race type go karts) racing all day.

Email me wvumtnbkr@hotmail.com if you need more info.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

Even if there is a low turnout, there will be lots to do and it is a cheap way to get a good amount of track time.  With 4 drivers that should work out to about 2.5-3 hours of on track time for about $100.  It would also be a good shakedown test for the Lemons races.

And yes, I will be at Gingerman (this is our shakedown after some changes were made to our car).

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

Well, I think I entered the race? Since there was no way to submit the form online I printed it out, hand wrote in the fields, scanned it back to .pdf, and then emailed some guy on the altered gas website, in addition I saved the .pdf as a .txt and re-entered the info in the body of the email.

It's sweet that the race is relatively close to us, however the real kicker is getting everyone to fill out those pesky medical forms....

Drive more, type less.