Re: Autobahn never say die 500 Who is gonna make it?

Does anybody know a good cage builder in northern Illinois?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

We are getting ours done in Blue Island, although its going to be a week or so before he can get working on it.  If it isn't too far I can get you his name and number.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

That's a bit of a haul, but I'll take the information. How much are you paying, if you don't mind?

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

I'll send you the info.  We talked price back in Decemeber and that was using some materials he had laying around at the time.  But since we lost a driver we ended up not applying for Gingerman and put everything off until now.  So prices might have changed a bit, I'll send you that too.  Don't want to post something and have everyone demand that price, well at least until I get my cage built.  smile

If you talk to him, ask him if Mike is going to race the Edsel.  I forgot to ask him when I talked to him yesterday.

( http://jalopnik.com/5434489/v12-edsel-v … emons-cars )  BTW I don't think it is possible to really appreciate how enormous a jag v12 is unless you see it out of the car.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

I'll send you the info.  We talked price back in Decemeber and that was using some materials he had laying around at the time.  But since we lost a driver we ended up not applying for Gingerman and put everything off until now.  So prices might have changed a bit, I'll send you that too.  Don't want to post something and have everyone demand that price, well at least until I get my cage built.  smile

If you talk to him, ask him if Mike is going to race the Edsel.  I forgot to ask him when I talked to him yesterday.

( http://jalopnik.com/5434489/v12-edsel-v … emons-cars )  BTW I don't think it is possible to really appreciate how enormous a jag v12 is unless you see it out of the car.

Wow. That will be the best thing ever if that's on the track.

I'm guessing the V12 weighs as much as or more than our car.

I'd forgotten about that Jalopnik post. What was the super-secret Redacted machine?

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Not sure.  I'm tempted to up the thread to see how many have made it on the track and how many will make it later this year or next.  Some of them I know made it, but the redacted not sure what it was, and the frankencar I'd love to know what happened to it.

Facebook Page

My wallet is a lot lighter, but we will be there.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

therood wrote:

Does anybody know a good cage builder in northern Illinois?

The only guys I know are down south. Sign up on chitownracing.com they are a bunch of pricks on there, but they can point in the direction of good guy up north.

All great moments start with the phrase "hey man, hold my beer"
http://dumbshitswithabeater.blogspot.com/

TPB will be there with some rookie drivers, so if our car goes from fast to hella slow after a pit stop, and you hear an audible pucker each time you pass, an FNG is at the wheel.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedcop have you decided which of your fine fleet of highly tuned race cars are you bringing?

Facebook Page

Why spoil the surprise?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT