Topic: 24Hours in the Swamp

Les Crapheaps Roulez was just announced as a 24 hour race: 3PM to 3PM
Apps are due before Houston is even finished. Who here is being optimistic and planning to run the all night race before they even assess the damage of Yee-Haw?

My car will have it's inaugural run at MSR. I have no plans of even finishing that race in 2 pieces, but I want in on the Circuit Grand Bayou

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Re: 24Hours in the Swamp

Hell, I'm not even ready for Houston, and it's less than 2 weeks away.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

We're in.

At least I am. Even if the rest of my team chickens out and I have to hire day laborers to fill the other driver spots.

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Hell, I'm not even ready for Houston, and it's less than 2 weeks away.

Oh yeah - our car won't run until this weekend most likely - and that's a car with 3 races on it. We should know better.

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Les Crapheaps Roulez was just announced as a 24 hour race: 3PM to 3PM
Apps are due before Houston is even finished. Who here is being optimistic and planning to run the all night race before they even assess the damage of Yee-Haw?

My car will have it's inaugural run at MSR. I have no plans of even finishing that race in 2 pieces, but I want in on the Circuit Grand Bayou

I'm so happy I nearly peed my pants.  I've already registered!

Let the happy-dances commence!!!!

The only sad part - when will the Cajuns ply us with booze?  I guess Friday night will the be on-like-Donkey-Kong night.  (Not that I'm complainin')

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Our Team is in.  We've been in for a while, decided to stay in when this first came up.

That's exactly what I was wondering, it's hard enough to keep our crew alcohol free for 6 hours much less 24 in a row!! I suppose Friday night will be party night.

Team Shrimp Boots
Ein Anderer ScheiB E-30,   Who Dat !!

That's why the race doesn't start till 3pm Saturday wink

I'll be honest, the 24 hour format has me a little worried.  I expected to have significant issues in our first race running two 9 hour session, but 24 hours straight?

Too late to turn back now though...

BTW, does this mean I need headlights now?

mikedeck wrote:

I'm just gonna buy a second flashlight and tape it to the front.

11 (edited by shrimpandboots 2010-08-30 09:59 AM)

Guess we have no chance of winning. Half of the crew will be in Prevost Hospital with the DT's at around 10pm. The ones that are left will surely break the car so they can start drinking. The cook does not drive, so if we want the food to taste good we will have to let him suck a few down. I drove this track at night last month and it is SPOOKEY!

That was the LA400?  Or did you sneak in one night? wink

Doug I wrote:

That was the LA400?  Or did you sneak in one night? wink

Yea it was. They were nice enough to let me in the Boxter. I was not in it when it broke though, thank god.

mikedeck wrote:

I'll be honest, the 24 hour format has me a little worried.  I expected to have significant issues in our first race running two 9 hour session, but 24 hours straight?

You are right to be worried, but don't let that slow you down, a 24 hour race is nothing if not awe-inspiring. NL was a blast and we blew up only a couple hours in.

Yes, you'll need headlights or other forward lighting apparatus. Read the rules closely on the event page. If you don't have your factory headlights anymore, I strongly suggest something as simple as two pair of Hella 500FF lamps, which you can pick up at practically any auto parts store or Wal Mart. They come in a kit with the relay and a switch for under $100 a pair. 4 of those will give you sufficient light for any track and won't blind your fellow drivers once aimed properly.

Trust me, you don't want to be underlamped in a night race. It really, really sucks.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

15 (edited by sergio 2010-08-30 10:47 AM)

Zachreligious wrote:

We're in.

At least I am. Even if the rest of my team chickens out and I have to hire day laborers to fill the other driver spots.

Day laborers....hummmmmm. I'm not sure if all of my team wants to go back to Le Bayou, but for a 24 hour race, I'm signed up. Will definitly need 6 drivers, or at minmum 5. A 3am pit stop has to be pretty lonely.

And what kind of critters are out on the track at 3am in the bayou?

sergio wrote:

Day laborers

And what kind of critters are out on the track at 3am in the bayou?

Swamp Thing, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Toxic Advenger are my day laborers. They may be the critters on the track, too.

17 (edited by doctawife 2010-09-01 12:06 PM)

Mulry wrote:
mikedeck wrote:

You are right to be worried, but don't let that slow you down, a 24 hour race is nothing if not awe-inspiring. NL was a blast and we blew up only a couple hours in.

Yes, you'll need headlights or other forward lighting apparatus. Read the rules closely on the event page. If you don't have your factory headlights anymore, I strongly suggest something as simple as two pair of Hella 500FF lamps, which you can pick up at practically any auto parts store or Wal Mart. They come in a kit with the relay and a switch for under $100 a pair. 4 of those will give you sufficient light for any track and won't blind your fellow drivers once aimed properly.

Trust me, you don't want to be underlamped in a night race. It really, really sucks.

We were under-lamped at Nelson Ledges, and yes, it sucked.  This is one 'safety' item you don't want to skimp on.  Happily, I have almost indecent visual/movement memory - so despite the bad lighting I could 'count' out the turns at NL.  I went fast... but the husband who needs visual cues went slow.  [edit: Not that I was hitting the apexes or anything.  The 'race line' and I are still not friends.  But, compared to the hubbie, I had a better idea when the next turn should be occuring.] If we'd had a better light bar, he probably (definitively!) would have been faster.  Reardless, our whole team wants another shot at night driving... so long as a ginormus light bar is encluded.  Yippee for lighting!  Yippee for night racing!

And yippee for Lemons!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:

We were under-lamped at Nelson Ledges, and yes, it sucked.

Were you running your OE headlights or something else?

Do you have a link to what you're planning on using for this race?

I'm ready, I don't know how I will make the drive home but I will be ready someway somehow.

Look closely.

http://i35.tinypic.com/1qlnbl.jpg

Justice...with a smile.

I might have to come out of retirement for this one

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

I am looking for a ride for the Nov. 21 New Orleans full 24 hour event. . I have many years and 24 hour races in my past. I also know how to turn a wrench. Please call Peter 214-564-0347 or email pwinkmann@sbcglobal.net

Nice ghille (sp?) suit!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

porkchops22 wrote:

Nice ghille (sp?) suit!!

Made it myself.  MOS 8541

Justice...with a smile.

This sounds amazing. I will be there as a spectator. I'll even help wrench if any of the teams are desperate for unskilled labor.

I only see one problem... when will the drag races take place?

Duncan345 wrote:

This sounds amazing. I will be there as a spectator. I'll even help wrench if any of the teams are desperate for unskilled labor.

I only see one problem... when will the drag races take place?

A penalty during the race, the winner gets to stay on track the loser must come back in.  I am kidding but the image in my mind is funny.

Justice...with a smile.