Re: 24Hours in the Swamp

Doug I wrote:

oh oh .... we're in big_smile

guess we'd better give the car an oil change

We just got notified too-- but the car needs a lot more than just an oil change!
See you all there.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

We'll be at HHR, love that track.  And less expense of lights/tires.  the 24 does sound interesting, but I'd miss the nightly party during the race.

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

After barely surviving the Yee Haw.....we'd be mad not to try and survive the true 24hrs event next....We haven't told the car yet though...she is still sat in  pool of her own fluids (and not the good type).....finally cooled the engine down after 2 days of rest!  I'm sure we can re-surrect the Gull Wing Beauty again!!! See you on the I10 heading East!!!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

So .... if he tows us around ....

1. traffic is cleared
2. lower lap times
3. better fuel economy

what could go wrong ? smile

Doug I wrote:

So .... if he tows us around ....

1. traffic is cleared
2. lower lap times
3. better fuel economy

what could go wrong ? smile

Bring your sea sickness pills.....

The Gremlin is in!  We've been damn busy for the last year but we're gonna pull it together for a 24 hour race.  Nobody better use us for a skateboard ramp this time!

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

How are the brakes on that gremmie?

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

looks like we are in.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

So what is the word on Saturday the start time.  I heard a bunch of people asking for a 12 noon start and finish time so they can make the drive back home/Texas and still work on Monday.  What is the official word since I'm too tired from MSR to look any further.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

So what is the word on Saturday the start time.  I heard a bunch of people asking for a 12 noon start and finish time so they can make the drive back home/Texas and still work on Monday.  What is the official word since I'm too tired from MSR to look any further.

If they start at noon, tech will have to start way sooner.

I like 3PM.
Texas guys can leave early... especially Red Rocket!

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

bky wrote:

I like 3PM.

Oh, low blow!!!

sergio wrote:
bky wrote:

I like 3PM.

Oh, low blow!!!

Just paint a large bullseye on the back of your car and be done with it.  Get it...?

Justice...with a smile.

btp76 wrote:

How are the brakes on that gremmie?

F@#$ the drums.  We are in the process of a front disc swap out.  Maybe Jay won't call our car "undriveable" this time.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

sergio wrote:
bky wrote:

I like 3PM.

Oh, low blow!!!

Just kidding. You guys are awesome.
I yelled "NEMESIS! I WILL HAVE YOU!!" into our radio last time I passed you (Dallas).
The Crew Chief had NO IDEA what I was talking about. wink

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

2.5 weeks away. who still isnt ready? who is so excited they could crap themselves?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

crapping myself at how un-ready we are.....but we are going for it!

Car not ready yet

Team captains wife 7 1/2 months pregnant

Letter through the door from the neighbourhood gestapo to move the trailer off the drive

Sounds a good mixture for adventure

68 (edited by sergio 2010-11-03 12:21 PM)

Markdas wrote:

crapping myself at how un-ready we are.....but we are going for it!

Car not ready yet

Team captains wife 7 1/2 months pregnant

Letter through the door from the neighbourhood gestapo to move the trailer off the drive

Sounds a good mixture for adventure

What could possibly go wrong???

We have to rig up the lights, put a LF wheel bearing in and general checking up.

We could get lost on the route out of Texas! 

We could forget our passports again - like my wife and I did when we drove to California and back......at the border crossing, we were asked about the British Accent driving an American Muscle Car.......told him we live here now......

where's your green card......

don't have one officer, we have an L1 visa.......

okay lets see it......

errrr its on my dressing table at home in my passport......I didn't think this was travelling abroad???

Markdas wrote:

where's your green card......

don't have one officer, we have an L1 visa.......

okay lets see it......

Reminds me of The Hunt for Red October:
-I want to get an RV and drive state to state. They let you do that?
-Yes
-No papers?
-No papers.

God, we are turning into Communist Soviet Union.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I've got a ton of stuff to do to get TPB's accomodations ready for the 1550-mile round trip. I'm not looking forward to the $500 diesel bill that dragging a 33', 13,000 5th wheel trailer entails, but what are you gonna do? wink

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Get a hotel?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

if I teamed up with you guys (TPB) I'd just bring my cot and sleeping bag...unfortunately my cot's the size of the lancia so i'd probably have to set it up in the trailer. HA!

So you're in, right?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

75 (edited by Serj 2010-11-05 05:46 AM)

Speedycop wrote:

So you're in, right?

I'm trying but I can't make promises at this stage. Money's a big hurdle right now since a proper dose of insanity hit my team with the 5-race campaign AND the Iron Nadz. It's pretty sad that I had been doing this since 07 and just this season caught up to you in race count (I'm @ 9)

when's the database close? I don't wanna push it but I wanna know the deadline for getting off the pot. If someone ponies up the dough before me, go with them.