Re: 24Hours in the Swamp

database closes next Wed.

Serj wrote:
Speedycop wrote:

So you're in, right?

I'm trying but I can't make promises at this stage. Money's a big hurdle right now since a proper dose of insanity hit my team with the 5-race campaign AND the Iron Nadz. It's pretty sad that I had been doing this since 07 and just this season caught up to you in race count (I'm @ 9)

when's the database close? I don't wanna push it but I wanna know the deadline for getting off the pot. If someone ponies up the dough before me, go with them.

Chicago was my tenth race. You have some catching up to do.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

Get a hotel?

Sure, but where's the fun in that? Also, hotel + 24 hour race = fail.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

What about renting a trailer near by so you only tow 100 miles? But it might end up costing the same with all the rental fees.

So let's talk bribes, flashlights, mosquito nets, bug spray, a tent, YES, we could use a set-up tent and Red Bulls.

Justice...with a smile.

We are planning to have a huge gumbo for Friday night. Ya'll come by and get some. Nothing planned for Saturday because of the race. Come to think of it maybe we should plan something because I am sure we will be out of the race by 6pm Saturday.

The Intervention Motorsports team will be there. We are always in for food. Take one look at our team and you'll see they love food. H*ll, we even had to beat our door opening out so one of our drivers could get in and out. Our left hand door has the infamous "Fat Boy" modification.

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports

83 (edited by doctawife 2010-11-07 11:23 PM)

shrimpandboots wrote:

We are planning to have a huge gumbo for Friday night. Ya'll come by and get some. Nothing planned for Saturday because of the race. Come to think of it maybe we should plan something because I am sure we will be out of the race by 6pm Saturday.

Yay! Y'all always have the best food. We always pre make sandwiches for race day. It gets old eating the same kind of sandwich over and over, but it works.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

You lot always seem so prepared!  We have a Dolly trailer, a single pop up gazebo thing and 2 F150 trucks, 3 cool boxes and some mosquito spray......

Better get renting some fancy motor home!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

So what is for dinner Saturday night?

Justice...with a smile.

We will be too busy thrashing our fire bomb around the track to eat!

Hey Speedy, Still got that Driver Seat Open? Check your Email!

so, how are the gators at the track? should i leave the bug repellent and brink the Colt King Cobra?  are they the small flavorful ones, or the big one that are like chewing rubber bands?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

so, how are the gators at the track? should i leave the bug repellent and brink the Colt King Cobra?  are they the small flavorful ones, or the big one that are like chewing rubber bands?

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/05/500x_lnos10-gator_in_pond.jpg
I think one of the judges took a picture of this one in the spring.

Bllimey!  Im not sleeping in a tent then!!!

Markdas wrote:

Bllimey!  Im not sleeping in a tent then!!!

Oh don't be so scared. The gators live in the ponds on the other side of the drag strip, near the timing tower. It would be a quarter mile crawl for the gator. The hissing sound would wake you up anyway..........

I'm not worried.....sleep.....ha.....i'm sure i'll be up all night doing my head gsket trick again!!!

damn. gator season ended 2 weeks ago. just missed it.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Markdas wrote:

I'm not worried.....sleep.....ha.....i'm sure i'll be up all night doing my head gsket trick again!!!

Get yourself some steelseal. No more head gasket problems.

we could still use another driver, semi-competent would be nice.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

Jackasic wrote:

We will have both cars there with 11 drivers total. I am sure they will fill in, likely they are out of cash though. Just thought I would offer.

Jackasic wrote:

Message sent

-Tom

-=HFC Tom

thanks, money isn't as important as driver experience.  I talked a friend into being a fifth driver so I think we are good.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

sergio wrote:
Markdas wrote:

Get yourself some of this stuff - steelseal. No more head gasket problems.

Does it actually work for more than one race?

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:
sergio wrote:
Markdas wrote:

Get yourself some of this stuff - steelseal. No more head gasket problems.

Does it actually work for more than one race?

yes, because after using it, you have to scrap the motor and get a new one.