Topic: Drinking

Going to Chicago in Oct.
have read several diffrent coments on drinking.
We can see not drinking and driving,
there are 6 of us, and we are thinking 1hour turns.
So my question is. My turn is over and not enough time for me to drive again that day, is drinking in the pits OK or not?
Thanks

Re: Drinking

It was discussed elsewhere on here somewhere.  It sounds like its dependent on the track, but for most places the rule is no drinking while the track is hot. 

Even if you aren't driving anymore for the day you probably have to be sure to avoid all the rest of the teams trying to get back on the track.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

It's not track dependant - if the track is hot, no team member can drink.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

It's true.  Jay mentioned it at Gingerman specifically.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

Trevor57 wrote:

It's true.  Jay mentioned it at Gingerman specifically.

Said the same thing at Arse Freeze....I think its a rule for pretty much every racetrack...damm fun police ruin everything....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

thanks for the replies. don't really care one way or the other, just wanting to make sure.
we can wait for the party to start.

Wat??? Drinkin and drivin is the national passtime of the average guy.

What part of 'average' has anything to do with Lemoneers?

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

it is a good thing that beer does not count towards the $500 limit, or we would be way over already

If you have a spectator wristband AND the track allows drinking, go ahead. If you have a driver or crew wristband, no drinking until the track goes cold.

Sod Buster wrote:

it is a good thing that beer does not count towards the $500 limit, or we would be way over already

I peronsally think that any recycling money received for beer cans or glassware during the build-out should be considered the same as any sold part.  Werd.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.