Topic: Why Is The Buttonwillow Sunday Session Only 3 Hours Long?

Is that true? Granted there's 9 hours on Saturday but 3 hours on Sunday is pretty slim pickins. Really, it wouldn't make sense to run more than 3 drivers on Sunday which kind of sucks for a 5 person team. Why are we starting so late and finishing so early?

I'd gladly pay a couple extra bucks per driver to double/triple Sunday's hours. The bulk of the cost is already committed (car prep, transport, etc.) so a couple of extra bucks for more seat time would seem well invested.

Also, will there ever be a true 24 hour race on the West Coast? Reno seemed like a good candidate as noise will only be a problem for the coyotes. I don't remember if it is flood lit or not but I for one would love to run that course at night!

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

Re: Why Is The Buttonwillow Sunday Session Only 3 Hours Long?

Probably to avoid the heat of the day!  Makes perfect sense to me...

"Age only matters if you're a cheese."  Helen Hayes

3 (edited by bongle 2009-06-29 12:30 PM)

Maybe I'm just misreading something or they had a bad update, but here is what it currently says on the events page:

8:30am: Race Session II Start
10:30am: People's Curse
1:30pm: Checkered Flag--Race Session II End

Seems like 5 hours to me, giving you 14 hours total.

I could totally see misreading 1:30 as 11:30 though.  Did that once for a job interview... sad

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

4 (edited by SharkBait 2009-06-29 12:57 PM)

bongle wrote:

Maybe I'm just misreading something or they had a bad update, but here is what it currently says on the events page:

8:30am: Race Session II Start
10:30am: People's Curse
1:30pm: Checkered Flag--Race Session II End

Seems like 5 hours to me, giving you 14 hours total.

I could totally see misreading 1:30 as 11:30 though.  Did that once for a job interview... sad

Oops! OK. I'll blame that on checking the times while still half asleep. Five hours is better. At least everyone gets an hour in the car. Still wouldn't mind a couple extra hours but 5 is certainly reasonable.

And a true 24 hour race would still be awesome!

The Sharks

As much as I'd like a longer racing session, I'm happy that I'll be able to get home on Sunday night.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

LTDScott wrote:

As much as I'd like a longer racing session, I'm happy that I'll be able to get home on Sunday night.

I'd race all week if I could. After Reno, my entire team went through withdrawl. Had to go karting several times to make us feel better.

The Sharks

I fear that 2 hours at Buttonwillow will be 10x worse than 2 hours at Reno...

The heat is going to SUCK

FreeRange wrote:

And it's going to make the heavy-set, hairy Lemons Supreme Court very, very pissy.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

And it's going to make the heavy-set, hairy Lemons Supreme Court very, very pissy.

I asked my team if we could hire strippers to entertain the judges..I was veto'd...

something about a bad economy or something

FreeRange wrote:

I asked my team if we could hire strippers to entertain the judges..I was veto'd...

something about a bad economy or something

Your beer addled brain missed it.  You said:

"It's going to be bad hot.  We should strip the judges instead of hiring entertainment, they'll thank us."

Your caring team has instead insisted we find alternative ways to please the judges.