Topic: Union Jack Racing pulls out Houston MSR

Union Jack Racing pulls out Houston MSR

Regretfully we have pulled out  of next weekend's Houston race. A classic case of bit off more than we can chew. We blew the motor in the Feb 2010 Houston MSR race after a measly 38 laps. Not a lot of spare part availability for  37 year old  MGBs.
So the plan was formed to install a 3.4 Chevy V6 from a Camaro.  The MGB experience site said it was a simple swap.( Ha Ha Ha )
A suitable engine with a manual transmission was obtained from Craig's list owner swore it only needed a fuel pump. ( More Ha Ha Ha )
Engine proved to be nothing but problems, I guess I should have realized someone took it out for a reason. However the wiring harness has killed us, we only have one team member with the experience to figure this out and his work took him to NC for the past 2 months.

We requested permission from Jay to use the mini cooper which jay graciously allowed with a million penalty laps!! Got the fluids changed in the Mini, battery recharged and took it to Houston Motorsports track at Hitchcock for a morning of testing. Made 3/4 of a lap and the  Engine quit. Got it restarted but only in limp home mode. Back to the garage all day yesterday and the computer won't read. Fuses all check good.

So here we are 1 holiday weekend to go and no car. Decided to cut our loses while we could, was able to cancel the motor home rental and team member doesn't have to fly in from NC.

Thinking about going back to a simple mechanical system with carbs.

I'll be out to watch either Sat or Sun, so save me a cold one. ( see I learned something in Texas. No warm beer for me)

and just remember " When the flag drops the bullshit stops"

Regards

Paul
Union Jack Racing

Re: Union Jack Racing pulls out Houston MSR

Well, that sucks.  Just bring some Boddington's to make it all feel better!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

I'd still futz w/ the computer. Concentrate on the connectors going in.  Maybe you dropped voltage going out or something. A pushed out pin or bad connection.  Even if your friend doesn't fly in, you could run w/ 3.  You had 4 entered, right?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Been there but wasn't as wise as you. Ended up fielding 8 drivers in a single car, our 62 mini. Wish I would have called it sooner and just brought the sChitroen as car #2 to Thunderhill. My own fault and still feel like $hit over it.