Topic: Gear Tech

Ok, I'm running through tech on my own on Friday. (Slackers chickened out of asking to get off work).

Do we need to get their gear teched as well later on?

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

Re: Gear Tech

Yes I think all the gear has to be checked on Friday along with the car!  I think the inspection is for labels and wear and tear, so its feasible for you to take all the suits, helmets etc to get checked......

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

Yup. Everything must be checked on friday. Car & Equipment. Only 1 person has to be ther to do all that, but it makes it easier if you have a couple of hands.

It starts at noon and runs till 6 or so. They do offer a tech saturday before the race, but you do NOT want to be that guy.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Ok, I think I can get it all together before the deadline on Fri. Thanks for the heas up.

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

Talk with the Judges early and let them know your circumstances. They're pretty easy going, but if it's a serious case of not having your poop together their tolerance may be weakened.

It's never been a problem at any of the races I've been to. As long as you aren't trying to tech the car on Saturday, they are pretty understanding about doing the extra driver gear.

And if you're trying to tech a car on Saturday - it better be something impressive, like the SHOStang or Dauphine. Or something horrible, like a Citation.