Re: We survived the heat, driving and even the mosquitos

Scud.Ig wrote:

The teams had trouble getting to the track (sunk trailers, bad bearings, etc. etc.) but did make it out on Friday.  Dave made it in about midnight from San Angelo.  I had server troubles at work and then crashed, and so ended up leaving at 2 AM and never did make it to the hotel that night.  I rolled into the paddock about 8:30 AM after dropping Ash with her friend in The Woodlands north of Houston.

Great story. Thanks for posting it.

I must confess, I managed to collect some Opel Green paint on the E30. Totally my fault, but the driver and I laughed about it afterwards. Really cool guy, even cooler car.

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

Team BenzGay wrote:

Think it was the red SHO, but someone lightly hit me from behind on Sunday morning, and I just wanted to say thank you ;-).

Team BenzGay

Gary who was driving that morning didn't mention anything.   Sorry about that if it was us.    Our big heavy SHOs don't brake that fast sometimes.  Like driving a bus out there with all the smaller cars.

I did enjoy playing with the Benz back and forth Sunday afternoon before I had to shut down for a bit to conserve fuel.  Its bad when you have to let a Geo pass you (no offense to the Geo of course.)

Great times.  Can't wait to the next race!

Murph
El Toro Loco 92

Team BenzGay wrote:

Think it was the red SHO, but someone lightly hit me from behind on Sunday morning, and I just wanted to say thank you ;-).

Team BenzGay

Oh, my bad, I thought you looked like you needed more speed!

Just kidding, I was driving one of the Red SHO's on Sunday morning, but I didn't feel any car contact with anyone, but if it was me, then sorry!
I was trying to make up our 4 penalty laps so it was all out, and I was being careful since one mistake would have taken us out of contention for a top 5 finish.

-Martin
Team SHOtime
1986 Formula 1 Benetton racing livery
Old themes - M*A*S*H - Red Rocket Rat car

What????  I never touched his car...Nope it was not me.  We heard this all weekend long.  Jay and I watched errrr and heard two cars hit and the driver refused to fess up.

Battleship anyone?

Justice...with a smile.

30 (edited by ohaythair 2010-09-15 05:36 PM)

H.K. Phooey wrote:

What????  I never touched his car...Nope it was not me.  We heard this all weekend long.  Jay and I watched errrr and heard two cars hit and the driver refused to fess up.

Battleship anyone?

Sometimes people refuse to fess up because there was nothing to confess to.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Battleship anyone?

I don't know what everyone's problem is. I didn't get a single black flag all weekend.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I'm the first to admit when I go boom or ERRRRRR....I got black flag last weekend.   Said I passed under yellow..I asked "where?"   Not to complain but to make sure my dumbass doesn't do it again!!!!

"Think it was the red SHO, but someone lightly hit me from behind on Sunday morning, and I just wanted to say thank you ;-).

Team BenzGay"

Pehaps I need to work on my delivery.  Get it, Team BenzGay, lightly hit me from behind.  Said thank you and a wink.  THINK is was the red SHO, not 100%, and really do not care.  We were all getting stacked up in the keyhole.  Not an issue.  Thought it was funny. 

At least Stovebolt got it.

"You can’t make a pig into a race car, but you can make a very fast pig."

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
H.K. Phooey wrote:

Battleship anyone?

I don't know what everyone's problem is. I didn't get a single black flag all weekend.

Boy that would have been epic to get a BF in one lap!

I think his entire lap was a black flag lap...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

36 (edited by Hoonatic Racing 2010-09-16 11:13 AM)

sergio wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:
H.K. Phooey wrote:

Battleship anyone?

Boy that would have been epic to get a BF in one lap!

I think I deserved one. It was my first time on that track, ever. I think it is the turn just before the big carousel, I was trying to stay wide (out of the racing line), but there is a paved runoff. I remember thinking "something aint right here".

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

YesIFit wrote:

I think his entire lap was a black flag lap...

Nah!

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

I think I deserved one. It was my first time on that track, ever. I think it is the turn just before the big carousel, I was trying to stay wide (out of the racing line), but there is a paved runoff. I remember thinking "something aint right here".

That wouldn't get you a BF at MSR_H. Most cars were, at some point, driving on the runoff on Sugar/Spice and at Diamond's Edge.

Speaking of which, Jay said something really funny to me when I got our car's only BF early on Saturday morning. Here's the video of Jay doing his Redneck Racer impersonation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_bk4RGtC-Q

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

He sounds more southern than Texas redneck. And if you aren't using the runoff in S&S and DE you ain't trying.

40 (edited by Mulry 2010-09-16 04:54 PM)

I thought the same thing too, Sergio. I think maybe he's using the Carolina drawl that he done learnt at all those races in Kershaw. Although the way he says "loose" is more Cajun than anything else. Maybe Jay is all-SEC at heart?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

HAY! I MADE A CAMEO!

There is my shitty blue and green InTowGra leaving tech for 2nd of 800 times

LOL