Topic: Any use for this?

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6069/bzo6knqwkkgrhqng0ew5cuk.jpg

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Re: Any use for this?

Yes. It can pull anything. It can hold ALL your tools, plus have room for a sleeping quarters.
I would love to have one. I would probably put a tommy lift on it and make it carry my car.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I would trade everything in my driveway for that thing.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Looks like the pace truck from the Houston race.

Team Apex Vinyl: 1977 Toyota Truck
Gator-O-Rama 2009 Dangerous Banned Technology
Yee-Haw 2011 Index Of Effluency
Gator-O-Rama 2012 I Got Screwed

I've actually been contemplating one. It's #2 or #3 on the to-buy list.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

www.govliquidation.com
www.boyceequipment.com

I've thought about a deuce-and-a-half, but the bed is at chest level. They also top out at 60mph.

EriktheAwful wrote:

www.govliquidation.com
www.boyceequipment.com

I've thought about a deuce-and-a-half, but the bed is at chest level. They also top out at 60mph.

Yeah, downhill with a tail wind.  One of out team members has one.  We've considered towing the car to CMP with it, but it would be painful.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

I think 58 is the 'official' top speed in as built trim and the whistler multifuel 6 had very little power but it will run on almost anything liquid.

Diesel, gas, some random mixture...  Probably even cheap tequila

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

I believe the official fuel list is diesel, kerosene, jet-A/jp8.

Gasoline and avgas "only in emergencies" because it doesn't lubricate the fuel pump properly (though this is solved in service by using motor oil as a fuel additive at 1 quart per 15 gallons).

With some highway truck tires and a whole boatload of patience, it actually isn't a bad ride if you're not in a hurry.

The A3 model (Single tires, autotragic transmission, and a Catarpillar diesel) can supposedly actually hit highway speeds.

Team FinalGear

Smaller wheels to lower the bed a bit, and give it a higher top end?

Atleast 4" shorter

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Smaller would actually lower the top speed.  Bigger tires = rubber overdrive.

Nick

Nick
Focke Ewe racing -> Muttonheads! Racing -> Torque Junkies
86ish VW GTI...now with TDI Powah!

highway tires, swap the ring gears for something less suited for the swamp, and put a flatbed crane on it for your lemon car? hit up TSC for belly boxes to stuff tools. Yeah, it'd ruin the look but if the govt has a pile of spares for south of 10k and you're trying to make it a lemon tow-rig, you're not out to win best-in-show in your local retired military hardware show.

YES YES YES.....super cool....I would imagine the mileage is horrible...but it sure is cool...I keep thinking of a joint theme car.....or just about any car towed behind that beast painted camo would be cool...maybe a bug or jeep (if it can be made to handle safely)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I was actually talking to a buddy about doing a Wrangler last night.

Only problem is that $500 wranglers are just bare body tubs that have already been stripped for EVERYTHING.

Team FinalGear