Topic: Houston -= anyone able to do ECM mods? we need to remove cats

need ECM mods cheap, need to remove cats and rear o2 sensors, we bring beer and some dead presidents to those who can make it happen.

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

Re: Houston -= anyone able to do ECM mods? we need to remove cats

I think you're underestimating how difficult it is to custom program a factory ECU.

That said, your car should race just fine without cats and without working O2 sensors.  Why?    Two reasons:  First, the ECU will run and idle using its default fuel tables, just as it does every time you cold-start it before the O2 sensors are warmed up.  Second, when you go full-throttle, the car goes "open loop", anyway, so it's not even using the input from the O2 sensor, but again is using a fixed "WOT" fuel map.

Put a piece of tape over the check engine light and be done with it.  O2 sensors are only used by the factory ECU when the car is warmed up and "cruising", not a condition you should be in when you're racing.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

What kind of car? Does it have o2 sensors at the exhaust manifold? So 4 - o2 sensors?

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

Failing all of that, just find out what resistance range the sensors need to make the code go by by, go to Radio shack, and get a resistor value in those ranges and put it in circuit where the sensor is supposed to go.  A 4 cent resistor is a LOT less than an ECM reprogram.

But I agree.  Rip out the MIL.  It's main purpose (not that it CAN'T indicate a problem, but usually doesn't) is for emissions compliance.

-Eric
Team Dead Presidents
MR2 President Yee-Haw Lemons Texas 2010 (Yes, it WAS bouncing up and down the WHOLE time!)

Rear HEGOs are solely used for emissions / cat monitoring.  Best way to remove the cats is with a dachshund, they can get to most of the places a cat will hide and cats hate them.

What year / ECM code is your stang?

I know what it takes to do the ECM mods, I do the programming work for the Bastardos cars and the SHO-Stang.

It is quite difficult if your particular ECM hasn't been decoded but if it has been it can be easy.

You need a programmable 'chip' to plug into the ECM, the software to change it and most importantly, a definition or directives file or disassembly of the internal software in the ECM.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang