Re: So who's in for Detroit Bull Oil Grand Prix?

I think we get extra time on Sunday.  Still 14 1/2 hours total.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Yeah I'd like to see a true 24 hour race.  Nelson was beautiful at night with a bunch of jalopies screaming around in the dark with all sorts of hoopdy lighting rigs. 

Whats the deal with Gas (refueling) and power for RVs out there?

harddriveracing.com wrote:

Yeah I'd like to see a true 24 hour race.  Nelson was beautiful at night with a bunch of jalopies screaming around in the dark with all sorts of hoopdy lighting rigs. 

+1,000,000,000 on the 24 hour races.

I don't remember there being power out there, and last time they did fueling in your pits.  Gas station down the street.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

@Tiptoe the rat we're hoping we'll go the distance this year.  We were pretty hobbled up last year and this year "we have our S#1T together".  We'll bring some extra trannys though wink

We swapped out the 700-R4 for a turbo 350...so I think (hope?)  that we have our transmission woes taken care of.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

They do have power, but you need to contact the track and reserve it.  They only have it in one area of the paddock, so not everybody will get it.  They charge $20 per 24 hours, so $60 for the weekend.  They also have fuel at the track, but there are gas stations relatively close by.  The bathrooms are decent as are the showers.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I wouldn't want to go back to Nelson Ledges till they fix all those damn pot holes.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

The Tools XR4ti will be back, I can't wait to cook more front brake pads and show off our new zip tie motor mount system.

Team Principal- THE Tools - 1987  Merkur XR4Ti

PunisherBass wrote:

I wouldn't want to go back to Nelson Ledges till they fix all those damn pot holes.

The potholes add to the charm. smile

'74 260Z

and once you get to know the potholes you can drive at night with no lights and know exactly where you are

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

We contacted the track.  First come first served on the hookups.  Better bring gen sets.

Test n tune should be 150 for friday, too.  They didn't have anything set up yet.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Jeff G 78 wrote:
PunisherBass wrote:

The potholes add to the charm. smile

Are we talking about the potholes on the track, or the craters in the paaddock?  I think I lost a teamate in one of those.

Bloomington, IN
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

37 (edited by harddriveracing.com 2010-09-23 10:31 AM)

I keep calling, keep getting answering machine telling me that they are open...."9-5PM"...Is there another number I should be calling?

38 (edited by Sir Thomas Crapper 2010-09-23 11:00 AM)

My teammate did call them.  I don't know if he used another #.

Do I have to reserve a spot for the Firday test and tune??  Or can I just show up, pay, and race?

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

They told us to register on line

It Ain't My Fault

Re: Nelsons - heck, anyone can race on a smooth track. It takes a real racer to race around Nelsons.  Just remember, bounce, land, turn, bounce, land, turn. You cant' turn when you are in the air.

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Spud wrote:

Re: Nelsons - heck, anyone can race on a smooth track. It takes a real racer to race around Nelsons.  Just remember, bounce, land, turn, bounce, land, turn. You cant' turn when you are in the air.

We pretty much knew how well we had gotten out of the carosoul by how long we rode on the bump stops through the light right hander after.  I miss that place. 

And as far as the longer layout at gingerman, I would imagine that we are.  Hence the 20 or so more cars.

Bloomington, IN

The Jimmer wrote:

Anybody know if we will be running the new/longer layout at Gingerman?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VUgPHxCJZv4/TA1hZipllkI/AAAAAAAAAy4/wSwhHAT81mU/s1600/NewExpansionMap.jpg

I don't care about the longer back straight, as long as we get the new turn 11, because it's safer, yeah that's it the new turn 11 is safer....

davisriley wrote:

And as far as the longer layout at gingerman, I would imagine that we are.  Hence the 20 or so more cars.

I take it you've never been to Stafford.

Drive more, type less.

I almost assure you that the new layout will be used.  It adds about 10 seconds to the laptimes and is more fun than the old layout.

'74 260Z

45 (edited by RagingGrandpa 2010-09-26 08:30 AM)

After a track day at GingerMan yesterday, some feedback about the new corner:

+ T11 is unchanged at this time. The diagram above is incorrect for T11.

+ New T10 has the following effects: lengthens the course by ~10sec; increases T10-11 straight speed ~20MPH; adds three new points to go off-course downhill; blind entry to T10-11 straight.

The track is raised from the surrounding land in the T10 expansion, so if you go off, you're going downhill. The grass hasn't grown in yet, so it's graded dirt at this time. The whole area is lower than the straight, so you now come onto the straight uphill, blind.

The organizers will of course survey the situation and make the "old-track" vs "new-track" decision while on-site, but after trying the new section, I'm sure it will be not be a quick decision.

I was desperately hoping the additions would increase corner radii and therefore reduce brake torture, but oh well sad

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lovelljc/GingerMan/SpectatorRacingSept010/data/New%20T10.png

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lovelljc/GingerMan/SpectatorRacingSept010/data/T10%20GPS.jpg

Just watched Death Race 2000 and the F.A.C.E. Racing Fiero just got a new theme and we are gonna try and bust it out for the Detroit race.  Two weeks, i think we got plenty of time.

Just talked to the track, no reservations.  They changed their mind I guess.

Here is email from Gingerman when I asked about pit reservations

Tim,
Thank you for contacting us. We do not reserve campsites/electric hookup spots, it is first come-first serve. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. If you have any other questions let us know. See you in October.

Jillian Schnitta
Gingerman Raceway

So as Sir Thomas Crapper stated...first come first server.

RagingGrandpa, thanks for the info and write up. I'm sure we'll find the beach at T11.

You guys are flying out there if you put down a 1:44 with the track being +10 secs.
Must have one of those flux capacitors in there or something.
What software is that your using?

See ya'll in a couple weeks.

#25 BuckSnort Racing
09' Nelsons / 10' American Irony, Capitol Offense, Bull Oil, Blago / 11' Gingivitis, American Irony, Shootout
12' Gingivitis, Shootout, American Irony

RagingGrandpa, I never noticed the laptime in your track map until Tango mentioned it.  Was that with a crapcan, or a real race car?  FYI, the fastest cars in the August ChumpCar race at GingerMan were turning 1:54 using the new layout.  One was an E36 BMW and the other was a mid-80's Camaro Z28.  The difference was that the Z28 was that fast a few times, while the E36 ran that fast the whole race.

'74 260Z

Yep we'll be running that lap time "a few times".  Right now the name of the game is keeping that motor cool.