Topic: Arse-Feeze, how close are you to being ready?

Registration closes this week so we just signed on. Doing so reminded me of the repairs and such we are planning, even have a list for, but keep putting off. After Arse-Sweat we go used to being mostly clean and found that to be pretty nice way to go through the day. The intense nine week before that race got us use to being dirty all the time and it had began to seem like the normal way to go through the day.

The to-do list includes:
1. Repair/replace the munched tranny
2. Plug the numerous oil leaks that we showed up to Thunderhill with, plus the new ones that developed: engine - top, bottom, and front, tranny - left side and maybe right, diff, - rear.
3. Solve our cooling problems, mostly with a oil cooler and fan shroud.
4. Replace warped rotor.

That's it, but actually doing the work will take some time, and the more we put it off the more we seem to minimize that.

Re: Arse-Feeze, how close are you to being ready?

We're taking this one off...  Too close to the holidays for our "last-minute" prep schedule to have a chance of working out. 

I personally want to see who gets the OC at this next one.  The Cali themes get better every race!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Dang. No four-peat for the bandits?  The dynasty must continue.  I want to see you guys race a dodge dynasty while dressed as the cast of the tv show dynasty or some other clever take on the nasty portion of the word dynasty. I think I'm going into Lemons withdrawals and just want to see more clever action from you guys. See you at the next one!

Bummer, shame we won't race against the Bandits. We took Arse Sweat off because it's a damn long drive for us. Arse Freeze is our closest race so there's no way we can miss it ("only" a 4 hour drive!).

We're in pretty good shape. Fixed a bunch of wiring. Need to replace a wheel hub and a steering column bearing, do some general maintenance, and that's about it. We're not changing themes or doing much mechanical work, but we are cleaning/tidying up the car for a big "appearance" in about a month before the race.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

5 (edited by Bender/StickFigureRacing 2010-09-21 10:35 AM)

If the Bandits aren't going to make it then we will have a slightly larger chance of winning the OC.
Now we just need to convince Eye Sore Racing to stay home.:D

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

You guys make me want to reconsider!

We do have a pretty awesome idea that will benefit from having a few extra months to tweak.  We've been buttering up the tech guys so they *might* let us race with it on.  There's a proven history of keeping @#%$ on a car for a full race for us, so wish us luck!

(And keep your distance for the first few laps...  Could be dangerous.)

smile

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

don't change your mind now Craig. i've already booked the month of Nov so you won't have anyone to make the (CENSORED) stick to the (CENSORED) with the (CENSORED) across the (CENSORED) and (CENSORED) (CENSORED) wrinkle (CENSORED) around (CENSORED) the week before the race.

Cannonball Bandits, Director of Bad Joke Development

8 (edited by m610 2010-09-23 08:29 AM)

Last night we got everyone together, everyone local that is, for a stop-putting-this-off  stratagizing session. We've got repairs to do, an oil cooler to install (we finally sold a heap of Opel GT parts last week), and we need to get seat time for our new never-been-on-track driver and for our went-off-twice-at-Arse-Sweat-and-got-us-parked-for-3.5-hours-on-Saturday driver, and of course to test the tinyvette. We think we can get everything done before Bonni's (TEAM-Racing.org) October 15 track event. We think. We have nearly all the parts we'll need, with two more spare trannys coming.  We damaged two at Arse-sweat and new synchros are nearly impossible to find, except apparently in Russia and Poland.

Anyway, "we think" is maybe a bit better than Lemons-inspired optimism. We've had the car nearly completely apart before, so we've already broken all the bolts that were destined to break, and now we even know where all the leftover parts go.

October 15 will be a chance to test our repairs and "new" tranny. Thunderhill is a lot closer than Buttonwillow and Bonni's people are Lemons-friendly. We do hope to be able to get to Buttonwillow once before the race, probably for the NCRC event, assuming we don't use up what is left of the 40+ year old car before then.