Topic: Firkin and Phoenix Nov 6th - Drink Beer, Talk Lemons, Swap Stuff

Join your fellow nutjobs and addicts this November 6th at the Firkin and Phonenix, here in Houston, TX.  I somehow persuaded Vu, the bar manager, that we hold a inter-race meet and greet and that such an event would be a <giggle> profitable idea <maniacal laughter>.  It'll be an afternoon shin-dig with drink specials and the like kicking off at 3pm.  We'll bring our car (TetanusNeon) for curb appeal <snicker>, and anyone else who wants to show up with his/her wheels would be made welcome.  Bring anything else: parts  / delinquent drivers /  questionable safety gear to trade or punish.

Think of this as an opportunity to cajole your lame friends into hanging out with Lemoneers without hauling their carcasses all the way down to Angleton.  That way they'll drink the punch... <evil rubbing of hands>

Scott - the judge on the Segway - has said he's gracing us with his presence.  I'm sure he'll take Baksheesh for Laissez les Crapheaps Roulez in advance.

Details:
November 6, 2010
3p - until we're drunk
Firkin and Phoenix
1915 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77098
http://www.firkinandphoenix.com/v1/

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Re: Firkin and Phoenix Nov 6th - Drink Beer, Talk Lemons, Swap Stuff

Sweet, and thats on my side of town! Sorta smile.

Alright, I could NEVER post the contents of my garage or have it all fit in the truck, but, I have a load of fox/sn95 stuff left over, 2.3 stuff, and General other bits.  So if you got something I may have it floating around.  I can make sure you dont run out of radiators too if you are good to have a few explorer/ranger versions.

Perfect, we were talking about doing one in Dallas area, we need to get on that...

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

I think some in bar penalties need to be in order.

#1 Wheel of shots
#2 Wheel of Quicky Mart Meats
etc..

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

I think some in bar penalties need to be in order.

#1 Wheel of shots
#2 Wheel of Quicky Mart Meats
etc..

Ooh... Me likey.  What should be on the wheel?  Lemon drops, clearly.  What else?

And can we limit Quicky Mart Meats to the packaged kind?

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Ooh... Me likey.  What should be on the wheel?  Lemon drops, clearly.  What else?

You gotta have Beef Jerky, Fried Pork Rinds, red vines and assorted pickled thingy's in bottles like they have at the counter.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

You gotta have Beef Jerky, Fried Pork Rinds, red vines and assorted pickled thingy's in bottles like they have at the counter.

I'm afeared.

8 (edited by Bender/StickFigureRacing 2010-09-25 12:10 PM)

You think that's bad! I still remember the pickled Pigs feet and canned Okra penalty.
Whatever you do... don't ever say "Any other penalty"
Fortunately it wasn't me.:D
http://racesharks.com/videos.asp?vid=27

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Four weekends to go until it's time to pollute... err, I mean populate the Firkin and Phoenix with our sleazy selves.  Get training now, otherwise your liver might not be able to take it!

I'm drinki^H^H^H^H^H^H working my way through a new car build, so I'll be ready - but probably broke!

Hey doctawife, you're a physician, i.e the only person on this board who has actually seen a cirrhotic liver.....but you're organizing a booze up? You're destroying a cherished stereotype...:)

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Zachreligious wrote:

... ready - but probably broke!

Hence the drink specials for us cheapskates, er, I mean "cost-conscious racers."

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Sounds good!  We'll be there I hope (Pulp Friction).....we have a couple of non drinking types as drivers, so hopefully I can get them to drive and tow the Lemons car down in all her Gullwinging glory (with some additional changes)!

Hope to see you all there!

Mark, Amanda, Steve, Ray!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

So how are we looking for this little drunken party?

Justice...with a smile.

This sounds like it might be fun.  Expect some of us Gremlineers to show up.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

It's still on. We can all get cheap tasty beverages and commiserate about how behind schedule everyone is at getting things ready for the November race in Louisiana.

For example, I woefully underestimated how long it would take to put lights on a car when one doesn't want to use the stupidly thin stock wires and iron oxide impeding the grounding, so I will need a drink by next Saturday.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Damn! I'm connecting through Houston on the 5th...anybody know that airport? Is there a decent place to eat?

Jim "Endo" Anderton

jimeditorial wrote:

Damn! I'm connecting through Houston on the 5th...anybody know that airport? Is there a decent place to eat?

Are you coming thru Houston Intercontinental? Most likely. How much time you got? Like Mexican? Friday what time?

If its IAH on the north side, its has some eating places in the transfer side of the terminals, Outback type place I think, Starbucks etc.....

We are still on for Saturday, should be able tto bring the car down but its looking pretty nasty at the moment.....we were thinking of a colour change, but couldn't decide which colour and we tried a few and some of the old paint melted and fell off!

So no laughing please!!!

3 of the team shoudl be there, maybe 4!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

if i can find a baby sitter, i'll make an appearance

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I'll be there too.

It's not looking too good for us, depends on how much work we can get done the rest of the week.

I will be there, Bring me all your cheaty news

Justice...with a smile.

sergio wrote:
jimeditorial wrote:

Are you coming thru Houston Intercontinental? Most likely. How much time you got? Like Mexican? Friday what time?

IAH...Arrive 4:32 PM Terminal C depart 7:05 PM Terminal B....and hell yes, who doesn't ike Mexican?

Jim "Endo" Anderton

jimeditorial wrote:
sergio wrote:
jimeditorial wrote:

IAH...Arrive 4:32 PM Terminal C depart 7:05 PM Terminal B....and hell yes, who doesn't ike Mexican?

I work midnight - 8a from the 5th to the 6th, otherwise we'd show you some Texas hospitality.

And all y'all that are behind on your builds ('cause the Spaghetti Monster knows we're not behind on ours... really!) just come on out to the Firkin and have a beer.  No car doesn't equal no beer - it just means better stories.

There will be tomfoolery.  How can you resist that?

Nov 6th
3p
Firkin and Phoenix