Re: CMP Sout Fall 2010

We hit the rev limiter in 3rd gear, which is about 90 MPH as well.  We can actually get faster between T2 and T11 than we can between T14 and T1 due to momentum loss out of T14.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

We hit the rev limiter in 3rd gear, which is about 90 MPH as well.  We can actually get faster between T2 and T11 than we can between T14 and T1 due to momentum loss out of T14.

You guys must hit the sweeper perfectly then.  I can hit 4th sometimes down the front straight, but I stay in 3rd from the sweeper to the left hander.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

We have no working speedo, rev limiter in 3rd.

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

54 (edited by VKZ24 2010-09-30 09:17 AM)

st_rage wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

You guys must hit the sweeper perfectly then.  I can hit 4th sometimes down the front straight, but I stay in 3rd from the sweeper to the left hander.

It's a fine line.  We could shift to 4th on the front straight but it's not usually worth the extra shift.  By the same token, if we get the sweeper right (no traffic) then we *could* hit 4th before T11, but don't because the extra shift isn't worth it.

This race we had no 2nd gear the entire time (not fun in a 4-cyl with no torque) so we had to lug around in 3rd.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

"Caddy Wrecker" Dave did that on purpose. Lucky he didn't get flagged for it...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

We have no speedo.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

VKZ24 wrote:

It's a fine line.  We could shift to 4th on the front straight but it's not usually worth the extra shift.  By the same token, if we get the sweeper right (no traffic) then we *could* hit 4th before T11, but don't because the extra shift isn't worth it.

This race we had no 2nd gear the entire time (not fun in a 4-cyl with no torque) so we had to lug around in 3rd.

It makes sense if you didn't have second.  You'll spend half of the front straight lugging third, but you come out of the sweeper with a bit of velocity to get you to the left-hander.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

JElrod wrote:

Team Mid-Life Crisis would like to think everyone at CMP for the weekend. This was our 3rd race with our 1994 300zx (z32). and it finally made it to the end. We ended up 13th. I got to run the Sunday morning rain fest and im glad i had on a full face helmet so no one could see the stupid little kid grin on this 44 year olds face. It was great.

If anyone has pics or videos of the Smokey and Bandit Twans Am. Please let us know.

We were in the black #35 Camaro. I followed you guys for a good half hour in the rain. I could not stop laughing watching you spinning the tires and wiggling half way up the straight. Good show. But to be fair, we couldnt put our power down in the dry, let alone the rain.

Good racing with all of you.
-Pat

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

We were in the black #35 Camaro. I followed you guys for a good half hour in the rain. I could not stop laughing watching you spinning the tires and wiggling half way up the straight. Good show. But to be fair, we couldnt put our power down in the dry, let alone the rain.

Good racing with all of you.
-
Thanks it was great fun.

Team Mid-Life Crisis    Smokey and the Bandit 300zx Twans Am
                                           LeMonza CMP Spring 2013

60 (edited by johnputnam 2010-10-01 05:23 PM)

Infidel number 4 wrote:

Jeff (Speedycop), you and Tom were truly life savers for the Infidel Race Team.  You guys finding the electrical problem allowed up to race again until we made a couple of off track excursions in the rain and then one final one from the wet track.  As it was our third Black Flag of the day meant we were through with about three hours to go.  A huge and sincere thanks to you for helping us out.

Also I want to publicly apologise  to anybody we tapped, hit or plowed into. On the final turn before the front straight away I got tapped and hammered somebody pretty good.  I felt really bad about it as we were both black flagged off the track.  I told Judge Jonny it was my fault and hopefully he let you go without a penalty as he said he would ..... Sorry :-(

We were the black Fox-bodied Mustang #3 with white Lemons stripe and the pink bow for breast cancer on the hood.   From the back we offered "Free Breast Exams" .

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- … 6928_n.jpg

That was me that you hit and you weren't tapped. I was behind you and you simply lost it going around the turn. I was expecting an apology at the track and when I didn't get one, I was kinda pissed, but it is all good now. I will say that I was extremely sore for a few days. the impact broke the pinch welds on the body and if it wasn't for the roll cage, you would have been sitting in my lap. You even dent the cool suit cooler! As you could see though, the car and I got back on track and kept driving. Would love to see video of it if anyone has any.

Funny how everyone thinks that in the split second during a session some contact is made, the driver knows exactly what car was touched, who was driving and where they are in the paddock.  We were hit hard twice, light many times in this (fun) traffic jam of a race and did not get "pissed" or look from an apology from anyone.  The tiger stripe 240sx tore our front bumper out of its mounts early on Saturday cutting across a corner, I kicked it back in place and sent the driver back out.  We only knew what car it was because of the orange paint all over our bumper.  As it says in the rules, this is a stupid and dangerous activity. At least I don't think anyone was playing with an iPod or texting out there - that is worth getting pissed about.

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

62 (edited by EyeMWing 2010-10-02 09:19 PM)

Modelwerks wrote:

Funny how everyone thinks that in the split second during a session some contact is made, the driver knows exactly what car was touched, who was driving and where they are in the paddock.

Shit, I've done more bumping than I care to admit and I've only actually managed to positively recall the other car once - and the only reason the number stuck in my mind was because I got a faceful of glass to go with the body damage. (So why is side glass allowed again? What possible purpose does it serve? Keep your visors closed, kids.)

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

johnputnam wrote:

.....................That was me that you hit and you weren't tapped. I was behind you and you simply lost it going around the turn. I was expecting an apology at the track and when I didn't get one, I was kinda pissed, but it is all good now. I will say that I was extremely sore for a few days. the impact broke the pinch welds on the body and if it wasn't for the roll cage, you would have been sitting in my lap. You even dent the cool suit cooler! As you could see though, the car and I got back on track and kept driving. Would love to see video of it if anyone has any.

I guess it depends on which turn we’re talking about.  If you were the jaybird that dive bombed  me on the number 13 turn then you got what you deserved.  We were the only two cars in the turn.  I had the inside going into the turn and tried to stay out of your way on the inside as you were faster .  You would have passed me on the outside easily. However, you tried to hit the apex from the middle and cut right in front of me.  I hit the brakes but caught you in the right rear quarter and you spun a 360.  It was in front of two track workers in the corner and they didn’t black flag me so they must have thought it was not my fault.... However if you were the guy in turn number 14 just before the long front straightaway, we were running in a crowd and I got tapped and tapped you once.  Then as I was trying to recover I plowed you pretty good on the driver’s side just like a bumper car.  For that I was sorry.  We both left the track and headed to the judges corner.  The judge talked to you first and then to me.   I told him it was my fault not yours and he said since I was honest he would black flag me but not you.  I hope that was the way it went.

Bill Hamilton
Infidel Racing
Team Number 3
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter with 88 Shetland ponies under the hood

johnputnam wrote:
Infidel number 4 wrote:

Jeff (Speedycop), you and Tom were truly life savers for the Infidel Race Team.  You guys finding the electrical problem allowed up to race again until we made a couple of off track excursions in the rain and then one final one from the wet track.  As it was our third Black Flag of the day meant we were through with about three hours to go.  A huge and sincere thanks to you for helping us out.

Also I want to publicly apologise  to anybody we tapped, hit or plowed into. On the final turn before the front straight away I got tapped and hammered somebody pretty good.  I felt really bad about it as we were both black flagged off the track.  I told Judge Jonny it was my fault and hopefully he let you go without a penalty as he said he would ..... Sorry :-(

We were the black Fox-bodied Mustang #3 with white Lemons stripe and the pink bow for breast cancer on the hood.   From the back we offered "Free Breast Exams" .

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- … 6928_n.jpg

That was me that you hit and you weren't tapped. I was behind you and you simply lost it going around the turn. I was expecting an apology at the track and when I didn't get one, I was kinda pissed, but it is all good now. I will say that I was extremely sore for a few days. the impact broke the pinch welds on the body and if it wasn't for the roll cage, you would have been sitting in my lap. You even dent the cool suit cooler! As you could see though, the car and I got back on track and kept driving. Would love to see video of it if anyone has any.

I saw that hit from the corner of the fence.  OMG, that was one of the hardest hits I've seen.  The Mustang lost it, but kept on the throttle, hooked it back and t-boned the red car hard.  Glad to hear no one was really hurt.

Scott Barton