26 (edited by Akaishi 2010-10-03 03:14 PM)

Re: Morrow's Auto goes foreign!!!

Murilee wrote:

Or, what the hell, it might run like a train all weekend!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895_2.jpg

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

Looking forward to seeing it in person while wearing welding glasses.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I'm sad to see Snoopy Van go...it was a Lemons classic but this is just as awesome. Its a pink passion of paradise.
Has anybody ran an actual Vanagon as a Lemons car?
I'm guessing the IOE will be between this thing and whatever Speedy shows up with.

#25 BuckSnort Racing
09' Nelsons / 10' American Irony, Capitol Offense, Bull Oil, Blago / 11' Gingivitis, American Irony, Shootout
12' Gingivitis, Shootout, American Irony

Something tells me the Schumacker guys have an ace up their sleeve.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

I dunno, not to short my buddies in STS, but I think their ride might be more of an Organizer's Choice candidate personally. Also, my whip is not secret, and it's not going to Gingerman, it's a '77 Lancia Scorpion (ultra-rare), and it's going to Chicago (hopefully).

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

31 (edited by RobL 2010-10-04 04:54 PM)

Our ride is not an IOE contender.  We started with a typically reliable car - actually.  We just managed to render it unidentifiable by even this mfg. certified mechanics.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

maiden voyage: took it down the road today and back, just barely. Will not run under 3000 RPM, killing the power with the kill switch is no problem, has a slight oil burning problem, a one of the mufflers fell off pulling back to the shop. On the positive side, 1st, 2nd, and reverse work great!!! Have no idea about 3rd and 4th. See yinz guys Friday. smile

It Ain't My Fault

1) MAF/IAC/TPS sensor problem
2) Lucas additive
3) Rob is a welding sumbitch
4) You will run locked in 2nd anyway

Problems solved.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

Speedycop wrote:

1) MAF/IAC/TPS sensor problem
2) Lucas additive
3) Rob is a welding sumbitch
4) You will run locked in 2nd anyway

Problems solved.

1) no electronics
2) should keep the muffler bearings well lubricated
3) JB weld in a pinch
4) hopefully, if the clutch holds up

All packed up and leaving in a couple hours. I will try to post sometime over the weekend.

It Ain't My Fault

Ya, today did not go as planed, but Lemons races hardly ever do.  During test and tune I took the Bradley out for a spin and it didn't even make it through the blend line on the first turn. Just made a loud bang and shut off. That's it, wont start, cranks real slow. So we changed the engine and we will try it again tomorrow. smile

It Ain't My Fault

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

13 laps so far, have to change rear seal, pouring oil out all over the place. We can't seem to find a new one. so I will have to whip something up tomorrow. wink

It Ain't My Fault

Tomorrow? You're gonna sleep? There's no sleeping in Lemons!!! At least, not with our team...

What's this "sleep" you people are talking about?

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I think that's what happens to me when I drink to much.