Re: eletric and pit area for Miami

Troy wrote:

We tend to use a team mates quiet Honda or Yamaha but it didn't really matter when the guys next to us at MSR were running a loud one.

If we would have had enough output from a quiet generator for both of us, we could have shared.

I just picked up an old RV to scrap that I want to pull the Onan from and install in the trailer.  Hopefully I can get enough muffler on it to keep the noise down.

Otherwise, I've got a 6.5 loud generator with a Robin engine.  It's quieter than most like it but it ain't a Honda EU.

you got enough Z's in the field, i'm sure there is atleast 1 quiet muffler kicking around

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

soldmystang wrote:

so where exactly are the electrical outlets at PBIR?  are they anywhere near the track?  are they solely for RV parking / camping?

They are outside the front entrance, where they park RV's.

J.B. Bugs Racing
1973 VW Super Beetle....Yeah,yeah I know - It's Not a racecar.
2010 Horas de Cuba del Norte -First in class C, The Ugly, 23rd overall!

Some are near either paddock but not enough for everyone. So basicilly bring a good sized generator.

jbbugs wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

so where exactly are the electrical outlets at PBIR?  are they anywhere near the track?  are they solely for RV parking / camping?

They are outside the front entrance, where they park RV's.

i spoke with someone from the track today. (Chris maybe?)

he confirmed the only power available is in the RV area and it is only for use by teams with a RV.  everybody else will be inside the track where there is no power available for use.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36