Re: When can we expect the 2010 schedule? ...and a few other ?'s.

Reno was just beggin for a 24 hour race, and you know all the Kalifornia and Oregon teams would travel for that!  All I've gotta say is more west coast races than Texas races!!!!

Our team started with three friends and a friend of a friend.  We ended with two friends, a craigslist find and a friend of his.  We now have another friend of the CL find as our fourth.  Did I mention he's a high-end fabricator...as his career.  We couldn't have won any more smile

And I'd say we've made four friends via our Craigslist team mates.  Two of them aren't talking to each other any more, but whatever they still like us.  smile

More Eastern races.....hey that's where the population lives.....agree that this series lets you meet some great people. Raced Reno with Team PontiHack; never met the guys before (they're in Seattle, I'm from Toronto) and it was wall-to-wall fun racing and grabbing dinner/beer afterwards....Don't know any other form of sports where you meet great people across a continent....Lemons is a little like LavaLife for racers...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Geez, you Texas and Cali dudes have got enough races.  I'd be estatic to see ONE in the midwest area like KC, or maybe Denver...

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Definately some more east coast races.
Youse guys on the other coast gots too many already.
fugetaboutit.

How about a Jersey Superfund Lemons at NJMP with bonus BS inspection points for Jersey Shore Guido attire?  Run a Spec Camaro class.

http://njmp.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dividing+ … 8&z=13

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

MurileeMartin wrote:

I'm still pushing for a race in a 10-story parking garage. Top to bottom and then back to the top... all weekend long!

I'm in. Sounds like a blast! What could go wrong???

TeamDFL wrote:

How about a Jersey Superfund Lemons at NJMP with bonus BS inspection points for Jersey Shore Guido attire?  Run a Spec Camaro class.

http://njmp.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dividing+ … 8&z=13

my team would definitely be in for that!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

33 (edited by sbarton 2009-07-07 08:18 AM)

NJMP would be hella fun.  Hell you could run one track on Sat and the other on Sun just to confuse the hell out of everyone.  smile

-Scott

Scott Barton

34 (edited by TeamDFL 2009-07-07 08:37 AM)

sbarton wrote:

NJMP would be hella fun.  Hell you could run one track on Sat and the other on Sun just to confuse the hell out of everyone.  smile

-Scott

Watch out.  I'll force the team to drive something from the big three with a thunder chicken decal on the hood, probably an Astro van.

"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."

slightly more serious.
Has anyone run at njmp?
I heard about it at the New york auto show.
Its a new track right?
Sounds like a cool idea for another east coast race.

Rockford Brodie wrote:

Geez, you Texas and Cali dudes have got enough races.  I'd be estatic to see ONE in the midwest area like KC, or maybe Denver...

Just goes to show - no one really wants to go to the midwest

Mkotzias wrote:

slightly more serious.
Has anyone run at njmp?
Its a new track right?

The local clubs (PCA, BMWCCA, SCCA, NASA, EMRA, etc) have run there as well as some real races such as World Challenge, Koni Challenge, TDI Cup, ARCA (yes, roundy round guys on a road course), and Grand Am.  I did 2 days at Thunderbolt this year and loved it.

From my place in central Morris County in northern NJ, it is about a 2-1/2 hr tow to NJMP.

38 (edited by RusherRacing 2009-07-07 02:06 PM)

Well I look forward to the 2010 event.  We are starting to put together a car for a 2010 event...  not sure which one.

However if you add an event.  I vote for something north central plains.

Nebraska??  MAM or MPH??  it would make things so much easier also more true 24hr races!

Road America? Brainard?

Heck KC or Denver would even be closer...  We are looking at up to 1800 mile road trip to go to one of these events.

get another one in the north east or east coast.  midwest deserves at least 1. cali and the south have enough already, unless the schedule is planning on reaching a nascar level of bloat

Just goes to show - no one really wants to go to the midwest

Can't say I argue with that.  I spent maybe 4 days in norcal(and Reno) for Goin' For Broken and I loved every part of it.  When my job goes away by the end of the year, maybe I'll just move myself to where all the action is.

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

sergio wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

I'm still pushing for a race in a 10-story parking garage. Top to bottom and then back to the top... all weekend long!

I'm in. Sounds like a blast! What could go right???

FTFY...  big_smile

Nick, did I hear something about three (!) events at Thunderhill next year?  I would have sworn I heard Jay mutter something like that at Arsfreezapalooza '08.  Pleasepleasepleaseplease???

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

VIR South course near Milton NC would be a good setup for Lemons if you wanted to add another east/south venue. I know its an expensive track to rent.

You could have a sideline event at the gokart track they have. OR I could see a really cruel penality where you take too cars that contact each other and put the drivers in a 2 seat kart for half an hour to run laps on the kart track. big_smile

Oh man the south VIR course would be SWEEET!

We are the people your parents warned you about.

VIR would be sweet, but it's a bit too top tier for us.  They stick with the affordable tracks.  If money were no object, then we could do Mid-Ohio as well.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

...or Pocono.  But i agree, NJMP would be awesome.  It's a nice, new facility and they are fresh enough that the whole schedule may not be full yet.  Some mid-atlantic would be a nice fill in between Stafford Springs and SC.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

FYI, Pocono is booked for every weekend from now to eternity.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

47 (edited by sawinatthewheel 2009-07-09 08:07 AM)

I heard Jay also....3 races at Thill...those and one at RFR and one at Buttonwillow...how about this...Thill then RFR to roll the dice then Thill then Buttonwillow for the cook out then back to Thill for the grand finale.  East Coast eat your heart out.  Five races in the west!!! That would be a hoot...maybe we could award points and have a West Coast champion.  Whoa, I gotta slow down on the coffee...

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life

Jeff G 78 wrote:

VIR would be sweet, but it's a bit too top tier for us.  They stick with the affordable tracks.  If money were no object, then we could do Mid-Ohio as well.

We could do the Patriot course in the middle of the VIR full course.  It's pretty cheap to rent, no long straights, and would make a fun Lemons course. 

-Scott

Scott Barton

Mkotzias wrote:

slightly more serious.
Has anyone run at njmp?
Its a new track right?

Been there 10+ times aleady on both tracks.  It's fun.  Better than Lime Rock, but not as good as Watkins Glen or VIR.

It really would be a freaking cool Lemons event if we could run both tracks, one each day. 

-Scott

Scott Barton

sawinatthewheel wrote:

I heard Jay also....3 races at Thill...those and one at RFR and one at Buttonwillow...how about this...Thill then RFR to roll the dice then Thill then Buttonwillow for the cook out then back to Thill for the grand finale.  East Coast eat your heart out.  Five races in the west!!! That would be a hoot...maybe we could award points and have a West Coast champion.  Whoa, I gotta slow down on the coffee...

Frankly I'd be happy with a 5-race series all at RFR since the first one was so much fun. With all the possible configurations we could run a different course for each race!