Re: When can we expect the 2010 schedule? ...and a few other ?'s.

Count me in for an Upper Midwest or great plains race.  Right now there's nothing inside 12 hours of KC.

If we could get a race here in North Texas at Eagle Canyon or MotorSports Ranch - Cresson then we would be within 12 hours of KC. Gotta love that Kansas Turnpike...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I think the reason the midwest doesn't get races is because we'll travel several states for a race while the coast people whine about needing more races all the time.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Proxy wrote:

Still trying to get the team committed. Right now, its just a few of us crazy chiefs trying to recruit a few more dedicated indians.

Also, more time = more unemployment checks to contribute to the cause.

Seems I'm in the same boat, er crappy racecar. Trying to pull everybody together to attempt the October Houston race is like herding chickens. We're also hemorrhaging money on other hobbies like crackheads and the wives are becoming suspicious. We do have a real cherry hot rod and three great themes to choose from, but it doesn't look like we can make the deadline so we're gunning for Houston next spring.

Knights of Granada
Swamp Thang Granada

I heard that  Jay talked to njmp after Stafford but nothing soild. BTW i have a demolition company  a 1/2 hour away so i can bring an excavator for the peoples curse.

It would be nice to get the Lemons schedule out soon. The chump cars guys have their 2010 schedule posted.

If the Lemons guys are reading....it would be nice to see a race at Summit Point, WV.

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

RoadRunner wrote:

A third Texas event would be great! If not at MSR, there is Texas World Speedway in College Station, and from what I understand, at least one or two tracks in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
If all goes well, we should have a team together next year.
If all goes *really* well, we should have team funds together next year. wink

DUDE!!! Mineral Wells has an old airport they do Auto-X and drift events at... always an option.

Or MSR Dallas... They might be open to the idea since MSR Houston is doing it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try for MSR Dallas... I would love a home field advantage... errr... I mean I love the track and I think it would be a fair even race.

1.7 Mile Course
http://www.motorsportranch.com/images/misc/Track_Layout_1_7.jpg
1.3 Mile Course - (lots of elevation changes... I know, hard to believe in Texas)
http://www.motorsportranch.com/images/misc/MSR-Track-Layout-1-3.jpg
3.1 Mile Course
http://www.motorsportranch.com/images/misc/Track_Layout_3_1.jpg

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

58 (edited by RobL 2009-08-17 03:27 PM)

Lammbaa wrote:

Particularly if, you know, you happen to live in WV.--Jay Lamm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Claimed as our theme!!!!

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Rent out El Toro and lets create the 24 Hours of Lemons Gymkhrappa

Uberbird!

Twice as many races!!!

Holy brake rotors with burnt clutch discs on top!

Can't wait to see the schedule.

Regarding Chump, there schedule has already changed.  Gateway ain't on the list any more.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

Twice as many races!!!

Holy brake rotors with burnt clutch discs on top!

LOL, That made cheerios come out my nose. big_smile

Mo' races = Mo' bettah!

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Troy wrote:

...Regarding Chump, there schedule has already changed.  Gateway ain't on the list any more.

The October SCCA date was cancelled too due to "economic" issues.  Wonder what's up.

63 (edited by Mulry 2009-08-18 09:38 AM)

CBear3 wrote:
Troy wrote:

...Regarding Chump, there schedule has already changed.  Gateway ain't on the list any more.

The October SCCA date was cancelled too due to "economic" issues.  Wonder what's up.

I suspect this is more a Gateway issue than anything else. I remember hearing that ticket sales for both the Nationwide series and IndyCar races were below expectations; Gateway has been having some pretty well-known financial issues all year even before that (see below). There was also a deal in place to sell the track but it fell through too.

http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlouis/ … tory4.html

http://www.jayski.com/pages/tracks/gateway.htm

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Hey Jay, Ya know there are a couple of good tracks near Toronto, i.e. just north of Buffalo....Shannonville (ideal for Lemons), Cayuga (multi-purpose facility) and Mosport, which now has a short oval and a training road course...ever driven Turn Two at speed? Fantastic!

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

65 (edited by bongle 2009-08-18 03:54 PM)

jimeditorial wrote:

Hey Jay, Ya know there are a couple of good tracks near Toronto, i.e. just north of Buffalo....Shannonville (ideal for Lemons), Cayuga (multi-purpose facility) and Mosport, which now has a short oval and a training road course...ever driven Turn Two at speed? Fantastic!

And the fact that ChumpCar is running at Shannonville (early May, 2010) means the insurance issues aren't insurmountable...

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Yeah, insurance should be do-able....Canada is nothing like as litigious as the U.S. and besides, Jay and Co. would be leaving the country post race!....and there's lots of club racing going on so it's hardly an unknown concept....what could go wrong? Besides, if the payout is in Canadian nickels, it's 8 or 9 percent cheaper!

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Lammbaa wrote:

The full Lemons schedule will be announced in October. I agree that it's hard to wait, but like it or not, most tracks won't make a firm contractual commitment much before that point in the year, and it's important not to promise things unless you've got good faith they'll actually happen. A fantasy schedule doesn't help anyone.

What I can tell you is that we'll do about twice as many races in 2010 as in 2009, and that some of the tracks we've been negotiating with all year are tracks that you're going to like. Particularly if, you know, you happen to live in WV.--Jay Lamm

This is SWEET news! Our team actually tested our Lemons car at the WV track to prepare for Stafford. Really good news. Interesting comment on the CC guys and their schedule. We were contacted by the CC guys to put a good word for them at the track. I now see why our efforts were ignored.

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

68 (edited by sbarton 2009-08-19 06:49 AM)

Lammbaa wrote:

The full Lemons schedule will be announced in October. I agree that it's hard to wait, but like it or not, most tracks won't make a firm contractual commitment much before that point in the year, and it's important not to promise things unless you've got good faith they'll actually happen. A fantasy schedule doesn't help anyone.

What I can tell you is that we'll do about twice as many races in 2010 as in 2009, and that some of the tracks we've been negotiating with all year are tracks that you're going to like. Particularly if, you know, you happen to live in WV.--Jay Lamm

So is NJMP on the schedule!?  Come down to NJ so we can really show you how bribery and corruption are done!  big_smile

-Scott

Scott Barton

NJMP would be SWEET.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Turn 2 at Mosport is  EPIC.   It's even more so in the dark. It's one of those corners that seperates the real racers from the wanna be's.   

I did a 24 hour race there 'back in the day' in a second generation RX-7, you know, the one with the spooky rear suspension.  I am convinced I saw God in that corner more than once during my night stint.

Everytime I came over the blind brow that little voice in the back of my head was screaming like a terrified little school girl 'YOU ARE GONNA DIE !!!.  Man it was hard to get her to shut up.

Ah, great memories.  Work like a dog on to get a race car together, haul it up to Canada, drain you bank account for entry fees, parts and tires and then go out and scare yourself shitless! It doesn't get much better than that. smile

Those of of you who are coming to the Lamest Day at Nelson's Ledges will get a tamer version of that experience out in the Carousel turn durinig the night. 

Here is how you drive the Carousel.

Enter as fast as you dare. Flat foot it until your sphincter tightens and makes you start to bubble foot it. Hang on for dear life while the car starts to rotate and then makes up it's mind if it will stick or throw you off into the swamp. Once it's rotated, hammer the throttle again and try to steer down for the apex all the while hoping that the idiot next to you has far better car control than he really should be given credit for.  Clip the apex and then let it drift out to (but not over, God don't go over) the edge of the track at the track out point. Then, exhale and try to start breathing normally again.   Go another 50 yards, upshift to the next gear and then make a conscious effort to get your poop shoot to relax enough to let go of it's death grip on the driver's seat cushion.  Then repeat the same process next lap again and again for 24 hours. Ah, good times.

Remember.... you DON'T want to go off in the Carosel because if the swamp monsters don't get you the misquitos will.  Hell, the misquitos are so big out there that they have been know to carry off a whole Spec Miata, driver and all, strip them for parts and or blood and then sell off the bits on eBay !!  They are NOT to be messed with.

Spud

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

71 (edited by Riktor 2009-08-20 05:05 PM)

Texas state bird

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6854/komarnomb.jpg

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

How about GingerMan? It's a great track with manageable straights, great staff, and oh yeah, closer to home!

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

GingerMan is a brake eater.  I'd love to see Grattan, but that track is WAY too hairy for Lemons.  They'd need to line the bambalances up like airport taxis.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

OMG, those of us who love Grattan know better than to send the Lemons crew there. May as well dig a pit out of turn three and install a laundry in the clubhouse for the underwear of those who survive it. big_smile

Grattan turn 3 = blind downhill off-camber left-hander. Good luck with that.

Yes,  GingerMan eats brakes, but otherwise, it is a great track for this stuff - gentle elevation changes, easy to enjoy slowly, and plenty of run-off space.

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

Troy wrote:

It would be nice if they would announce it earlier.

You don't learn from your mistakes, do you?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"