Topic: And the Gingerman winners are...

??????????????????

Inquiring minds want to know! Who won what? Did the Alfa do the impossible?Did a Celica finally live up to the Toyota reliability rep? Did the Alfa Berlina grab the IOE? Did the cool yet hideously fugly (no offense guys) Bradley GT Get a few more laps in?

Do tell!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Re: And the Gingerman winners are...

According to a Judge Phil post on Facebook, Alfa's took both spots.  GTV6 for the overall, Berlina for the IOE

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

... It is a cold, COLD day in hell today.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

JThw8 wrote:

According to a Judge Phil post on Facebook, Alfa's took both spots.  GTV6 for the overall, Berlina for the IOE

Now *that* is an awards presentation I want to see the video of!

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

And my team mocked me for wanting to put a Milano drivetrain in the MGB

OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."

Jim, I think that's a reflexive impulse at this point. Every hairbrained scheme you dream up will be initially mocked, until its uniqueness and overwhelming cool factor finally sink in. I deal with the same thing with my crew.

ME: "Dave, lets find a diesel engine for the Thunderbird, just to keep on being totally different."
DAVE: "NO EFFING WAY, dude. Not gonna do another last-minute rush build. Uh-uh. Nope."
ME: "Fine, I'll do it without you."

Couple of long weekends later (for both of us), we had our IOE.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

Speedycop wrote:

Jim, I think that's a reflexive impulse at this point. Every hairbrained scheme you dream up will be initially mocked, until its uniqueness and overwhelming cool factor finally sink in. I deal with the same thing with my crew.

ME: "Dave, lets find a diesel engine for the Thunderbird, just to keep on being totally different."
DAVE: "NO EFFING WAY, dude. Not gonna do another last-minute rush build. Uh-uh. Nope."
ME: "Fine, I'll do it without you."

Couple of long weekends later (for both of us), we had our IOE.

I gotta give my guys credit though.  They really wanted a "good" car this year so the fact that I have their permission to do any kind of engine swapped MG is pretty amazing.  Once we have that sorted I can go back to building real mutants....yes I still know where to get a Borgward.

Especially when we own 2 sub $500 Miatas and an E30....although they know I will never build a miata or E30 for them.

Who brings peppy, excellent-handling, reliable cars like E30's and Miatas to endurance races anyway? I mean seriously? What kind of logic is that?

CowDriver wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

Now *that* is an awards presentation I want to see the video of!

We have the awards on our new fancy Lemons flip video, I'll try to post it tomorrow if some one hasn't already. I got the Bradley out for an hour on Sunday until I lost oil pressure, I was going to drive it until I ran out of gas because no one else wanted to drive it. I also took it out for the last 1/2 hour to take the checkered flag. (the last 2 laps with 0 oil psi) BTW most "horrific" fix award 
Thanks to all and sorry if I got in any ones way.

It Ain't My Fault

I have it on my handycam too...  I'll see if I can get it up on youtube.